Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

Jourdy288 said:
Perhaps you may want to check out this project. Perhaps we could have this on the Pandora?
http://www.ressurectionxtras.net/

Those files are immense. A complete NES romset is about 550 megs, but the manuals, pictures and videos set is nearly 10 gigs. And it's not like you're going to have a huge number of Playstation games on an SD card at one time.

A set of just icons and cover art might be nice, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicker said:
Jourdy288 said:
Perhaps you may want to check out this project. Perhaps we could have this on the Pandora?
http://www.ressurectionxtras.net/

Those files are immense. A complete NES romset is about 550 megs, but the manuals, pictures and videos set is nearly 10 gigs. And it's not like you're going to have a huge number of Playstation games on an SD card at one time.

A set of just icons and cover art might be nice, though.
I know. Maybe this is where SDXC comes in :lol:
But it would be cool to have a system in place to perhaps download the manual, cover art, info, etc. automatically. There was this SMS emulator I tried once that had an option for that. If only I could remember the name...

Great work, zodttd. Just when I think I couldn't want my Pandora to arrive any faster than I already did...

Title: Diablo
Region: NTSC
Format: img
Emulator Version: 1.0b22
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: Sound is very tinny. Game seems to play fine albeit slow.

I had a look at editing the compatibility list on the Wiki but at first glance it seems ridiculously long winded?
When I go to edit the entry that is already there, I am presented with this monstrousity:

{{Compatibility Entry Start}}
{{Compatibility Entry
|game=Final Fantasy VII
|emu=[[PSX4Pandora]]
|version=0.0a
|playability= <font color="blue">Excellent</font>
|fps=Above fullspeed
|issues=No sound yet?
|notes=YouTube videos [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGLXITbt-4] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sx8CrVLW8]}}
|}
[[Category:Emulators]] [[Category:Emulator Compatibility]]

I have no problem moving it all over to the Wiki as long as it either provides something that Google Docs doesn't or at least can match the functionality of a spreadsheet. At first glance it looks like it takes functionality away rather than adding it. Is it possible to use some addon/plugin or whatever in order to edit the page as though it's a spreadsheet? And can it display the statistics page that joseluisjazz has got going on the 2nd page?

If the answer to both of those is "yes" then let's go. Otherwise, I think we're better off with Google.

Title: Colin mcrea rally
Region: PAL
Format: bin
Emulator Version: first update
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: Did not try sound. played to several tracks seems to be a bit on the slow side but very playable :)

I see this is put in the list albeit i think me version is first beta (updated)

FYI
Sounds like really hit important level here.
zodttd said:
Hi everyone,

Grab psx4pandora version 1.0 Beta 3 here while it gets approved to the appstore:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora10b3.pnd

Here's what's new:
- Sound is now much more accurate and smooth. Now using ALSA for playback as well.
- Memory card saving works.
- Improved performance but the more accurate audio removes that gain.
- Now loads all games through the BIOS. I can make this an option at a later time. Better compatibility at the expense of watching the Playstation BIOS boot.
- Tweaked the framelimit code in hopes it's smoother.
- Heavily reduced tearing effect in-game. This was due to drawing directly to the framebuffer. It's now buffered. If you noticed tearing before, let me know if you think it improved.

Whew. I've been working non stop on this. Hope you like this build. :)

Time to read through the posts here. I haven't had a chance to breathe more or less anything else. :p

Thanks again!
ZodTTD

Just popping in to note my commitment to re-test all of my games with that one, or whichever new release is available, when I get my Pandora repaired/replaced. :)

We should run a book to see how many new versions will be released before you get it back :D

zodttd said:
Note that I think the buffering of video to prevent tearing may cause instability/crashes. I'm not sure since I only caught this occurring on a high overclock while testing something, If you notice an unusual crash and think it may be related, let me know. :)

Title: Mortal Kombat 2
Region: JPN
Emulator Version: Beta 3
CPU Speed: 750 Mhz
Comments: Some slow down while changing to new opponent but full speed ingame

Title: Alien Trilogy
Comments: runs ok some slows downs about 49 to 52FPS :)

Just tested all the ones i did before, and no change in the ones that didnt work, instead of them getting to menus or the video intro they just dont start at all! (saves time i suppose!) obviously the others ones run a bit faster with much better sound! Just need music support, hardware acceration and better compatibility and were there ;)

Title: 007 - The World Is Not Enough
CPU Speed: 850 Mhz
Comments: locks up pandora and emulator at "loading"

Title: parappa the rapper
Comments: Played to level 2. Sound is much better in beta 3! Sometimes sound is a little out of sync.

Title: diablo
Comments: Sound is much better. Some sync problems and music sometimes crackles.

Title: Command and conquer
Comments: Runs full speed with only minor sound sync on the cut scenes.

Title: FinalFantasy IX
Emulator Version: 1.0. beta 3
CPU Speed: 500
Comments: Sound is fine, sometimes the game will slow down (Fight sequences) but it's still playable.

Title: Dune 2000
CPU Speed: 700 Mhz
Comments: Seems perfect to me. Sound is good, music playing. Speed feels normal.

Title: Grand Theft Auto
CPU Speed: 700 Mhz
Comments: First voice sample in-game is cut off. Can't judge CD audio, my rip has not got it. Low framerate when the camera zooms out.

Can somebody confirm that the PSX version of GTA does not show that pixel cloud of points if you ram or hit someone? If it should show it, then psx4pandora is not.

I also tried Driver (slow, crashed when I wrecked my car, that stupid hard first mission...), Carmageddon (slow and quite unresponsive (input lag?) for me, wobbly polygons), Diablo, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (got stuck all the time, jumping did not work well I think, never played it before), Metal Gear Solid Demo (crashed right away).

Title: GTA 2
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version: beta 3
CPU Speed: 750Mhz
Comments: Can not see player or cars!

Title: street fighter alpha 3
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version: beta 3
CPU Speed: 750Mhz
Comments: Does not run full speed but fast enough to play.

It is to be noted that the file format and rip type of the game does indeed matter. I've tried 3 versions of Breath of Fire 4. Two of them did not work at all (iso, img) , one of them works flawlessly (bin). This has been the case for several games I have tried between b1 and b3. (Parappa the Rapper, Hydro Thunder, Megaman Legends etc.) I will change my entries appropriately.

EDIT: Also with some games (mostly RPGs) , do not write them off as not working if you get a black screen. I've waited up towards 30-60 seconds on a black screen that in the end did load (Castlevania Chronicles off top of my head) Sometimes the games just need some time. During this time too there will be no SD LED activity light blinking. Strange I know.

Back