Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

emcp said:
Just wondering

can we expect some sort of wrapper, as in
psx games are displayed with their own individual icons, in the minimenu

im half oppose and half in favour of this, (means good icons need to be made)

thanks
I think you could probably do this via something as simple as creating desktop shortcuts, assuming that psx4pandora can be called from the command line. You'd simply create a shortcut, assign it the (hypothetical!) command of "psx4pandora game_x.bin" (or whatever), and assign a PNG image (or whatever :p) as the icon for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment of writing this, there are 64 games in the list. I link here to some pretty graphical statistics. The images should be automatically updated, as the spreadsheet evolves.

oimg?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&oid=3&zx=uo0nmx1eu52h.png

oimg?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&oid=7&zx=vxa8usy9elsa.png

oimg?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&oid=8&zx=edviufct9inz.png

great work joseluisjazz :) while the stats don't paint a very deep picture at the moment, the surely will once more games are added and problematic games are re-tested on updated versions of the emulator.
it will be very interesting to see how it progresses :)

ahahah said:
aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh !!!!!!!!! i'm dying!! tekken 3 is not compatible :(

It definitely will some day and it might be by the time we get one. Frankie says relax.

Title: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Region: NTSC
Format: img
Emulator Version: Beta 1
CPU Speed: 800 Mhz
Comments: Some slow down, seems to depend of how complex the background is.

Title: Chrono Cross
Format: iso
Comments: Not 100% full speed in battles.

Title: Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1
Format: bin
Comments: Runs pretty fast but has alot of texture corruption

Title: Einhander
Comments: Some slow down in areas

Title: Spyro the dragon
Comments: Needs some frameskip

Title: Vagrant Story
Comments: Gets stuck on first now loading screen

Title: Final Fantasy Tactics
Comments: Some cut scenes are slow, the battles are fast though.

Title: Tactics Ogre, Let us cling together
Comments: .... i can't notice any slow down, feels fullspeed anyway.

new version out!

Latest version of ZodTTD's Sony Playstation 1 emu. Currently in beta. Update in 1.0b2: Extremely improved framerate/performance due to a silly bug concerning framelimiting. Improved framelimiting. Various fixes to the file menu. Full screen scaling as an option. Default is aspect ratio scale. Working nub controls.

version name: 1.0b2
exciting!

Can't you please move this to the wiki? Even looking at it requires having a Google account which I do not have nor want...

It doesn't need a google accouny. Here you have an open HTML link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=es&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Title: Ghost In the shell
Emulator Version: 1.0b2
Comments: Runs mostly at fullspeed but sound is jittery. Different image ratio for intro, fmv's, menus and gameplay.

Title: Incredible crisis
Comments: Runs almost at fullspeed, sound is jittery.

joseluisjazz said:
It doesn't need a google accouny. Here you have an open HTML link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AkBB6e4g1lGtdFVwODhsQzdlWVdrMTRKdDFXa1laZ2c&hl=es&single=true&gid=0&output=html
Thanks, that works.

zodttd said:
Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay, but the good news is I have been working non stop on this project.

New version of psx4pandora out. Let's call this one 1.0b2 (beta 2) for now. :)

I uploaded the package psx4pandora (had to create a new package on the appstore due to some tech issues updating the package binary) here:
http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/psx4pandora10b2.inf
To download the package simply click Install.

I recommend all users to update to this version.

Here's what's new:
- Extremely improved framerate/performance due to a silly bug concerning framelimiting.
- Improved framelimiting.
- Various fixes to the file menu making it a bit more stable.
- Full screen scaling as an option. Default is aspect ratio scale.
- Working nub controls.
- Fixed an issue with the scaler that caused many games to show a blank/black screen.

Still to do:
- Have sound render a bit better.
- Fix up the file menu and improve the UI in general. The fact the menu flickers from redraw is a sad thing. :)
- Look into memory card saves and whether they're working or not. If not, may be bad MCR files or file permissions.

Let me know what you think of psx4pandora 1.0 Beta 2!

Thanks!

Title: Crash Bandicoot 2
Comments: Aspect ratio is widescreen for some reason and sound is weird, otherwise it's perfect.

Title: Crash Team Racing
Comments: Shows scea presents and plays random sounds.

Title: Persona
Format: Bin
Comments: Hangs at the first loading screen

May i request some more volunteers to update the spreadsheet? If you're testing games it's just as easy to put the results on there as it is to post them here.

All it requires is you to email pandoradocs@gmail.com and ask for write access. As far as i know you don't even need a google account or email address - so c'mon, what are ya waiting for!

@gibberish, what's not necessary is a gmail account, but to edit in docs you need a google account, that can be done over any existant email address and that will be the identifier.

Title: Wild 9
Emulator Version: 1.0 Beta 2
CPU Speed: 500 Mhz
Comments: Thought I'd do a few tests with CPU at default. Works at about 45FPS sound is off like most games. 800MHZ it's pretty much 60FPS most of the times dips in and out.

Update: Mortal Kombat 4 with this beta 2 runs a bit better about 42 to 49FPS USA version CPU at 500MHZ not bad, sound still funny but it's getting there great stuff :)

Update 2: Mortal Kombat 4 800MHZ runs about 55FPS to 67 FPS but sound still all over the show but it's looking good can't wait for a version of emulator that irons the sound bugs out :)

joseluisjazz said:
@gibberish, what's not necessary is a gmail account, but to edit in docs you need a google account, that can be done over any existant email address and that will be the identifier.

Aha ok. Well if people are so against a google account they can use the one i created specifically for this sheet. I trust that nobody will go crazy and delete it all. I think.

gibberish said:
joseluisjazz said:

Aha ok. Well if people are so against a google account they can use the one i created specifically for this sheet. I trust that nobody will go crazy and delete it all. I think.
Or, as sugested, move it to the wiki.

emcp said:
Just wondering

can we expect some sort of wrapper, as in
psx games are displayed with their own individual icons, in the minimenu

im half oppose and half in favour of this, (means good icons need to be made)

thanks

Perhaps you may want to check out this project. Perhaps we could have this on the Pandora?

http://www.ressurectionxtras.net/

Xenu said:
gibberish said:
joseluisjazz said:

Or, as sugested, move it to the wiki.

The benefit being what exactly? Except for not needing a google account which you don't need anyway?
The wiki isnt capable of displaying the depth of info that the spreadsheet is (look at page 2) and is likely more of a hassle to update unless things have changed since i last used a wiki for this purpose.

Back