PSX Emulation on the GPD-Win

Kippykip

BFG 9000
Website
kippykip.com
Hey everyone!
I've been struggling to run PSX emulation at a smooth framerate on the GPD-Win. I've tried EPsxe and PCSX-R, and most games are fine however others like Crash Team Racing and especially Tekken 3 lag horribly.
What settings do you recommend? Because I've been constantly tweaking them and I still can't get it to run smoothly.

Honestly, haven't tried psx on the win... Using it only for steam games atm... I suppose I'd take the Pandora out for psx..

Have to agree here. Never tried PSX on the Win, but I have yet to find a proper PSX emulator for the PC... the Pandora one kicks them all. :)

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Yep, i don't doubt it is possible to get a good psx emulator on the gpdwin but correct emulator, version and setup are hard to find, while the Pandora one is perfect and flawless out of the box...

The PSX emulator I use on my desktop needs max frameskip on the win.
As a result I only use it for Dragon Quest 7.

Yep, i don't doubt it is possible to get a good psx emulator on the gpdwin but correct emulator, version and setup are hard to find, while the Pandora one is perfect and flawless out of the box...
Yeah I believe the same emulator is on the Raspberry Pi and that one doesn't lag at all.
Plus the PSX emulators on my old android phones run better than on the GPD-Win, something fishy is going on here.

Pretty sure some old psx emulator should run ok, but nowaday psx emulator have different target pc on sight...

Pretty sure some old psx emulator should run ok, but nowaday psx emulator have different target pc on sight...
Then the compatibility issues arise, hoping the Pyra comes out soon so I can have 60FPS PSX with analog clicks and DS emulation.

I had trouble specifically with those two games (CTR and Tekken 3) on my Raspberry Pi 2 originally, but updating to a newer version of PCSXR solved it.

Edited to add:
Actually I just remembered even after updating and CTR working well, Tekken 3 still randomly had lagg issues. If I remember correctly, about 25% of the time I'd boot up the system and try it, Tekken 3 would work just fine, but most of the time (75%) it would lagg out during the actual fighting. Really smooth lagg like it was slow motion.

I don't think I ever actually solved that issue.

I had trouble specifically with those two games (CTR and Tekken 3) on my Raspberry Pi 2 originally, but updating to a newer version of PCSXR solved it.

Edited to add:
Actually I just remembered even after updating and CTR working well, Tekken 3 still randomly had lagg issues. If I remember correctly, about 25% of the time I'd boot up the system and try it, Tekken 3 would work just fine, but most of the time (75%) it would lagg out during the actual fighting. Really smooth lagg like it was slow motion.

I don't think I ever actually solved that issue.
Yeah! There was one time Tekken 3 worked great then I alt-tabbed to do something, then when I went back in it started lagging again.

Back