Psp Power Supply

Do you already have a PSP power supply?

• Yes

Votes: 79 39.9%
  • No

Votes: 119 60.1%

• Total voters

Poem58 said:
I think that unless the cost is in some way prohibitive, they should just source the PSP adapters. They have a proven track record.
Agree/Disagree? Let's give a firm answer so we can rest this issue and get some sort of an answer as to what they will do.

Agree.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
GhostChaserUK said:
the psp one wood be nice if it has the OpenPandora logo on it
Sorted - http://www.dremel-direct.com/acatalog/Dremel_Engraver.html B)

God Ginrai said:
Poem58 said:
I think that unless the cost is in some way prohibitive, they should just source the PSP adapters. They have a proven track record.
Agree/Disagree? Let's give a firm answer so we can rest this issue and get some sort of an answer as to what they will do.

Agree.

-God Ginrai

Completely agree here unless it turns into another headache for the team in which case i'd purchase this as a first batcher:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PSP-PlayStation-Travel-Charger/dp/B000A4WAAO/ref=pd_cp_e_2

I don't have a PSP Power Supply because I don't have a PSP. :D
I own a switchable (3V- 12V) Power Supply for my GP2X if the batteries are empty. I've buyed it from ED, it is a good (and small! ) supply (right one)

The Cable feels a little bit "cheap" compared to the other Adaptor on the left (from my Philishave :D ) which is even a little bit smaller than the Power Supply for the GP2X.
I think my GP2X Switching Adapter would also work for the Pandora but it only has 1000mAh, I don't know if this could be a Problem.

Well, whatever the Pandpra Adapter will be, It should have a good cable and should be small. :) And if we need some exotic USB-Adapters (from mini to maxi or on the go to whatever is needed to do USB Charging), they should be included into the Pandora Package.

fusion_power said:
I don't have a PSP Power Supply because I don't have a PSP. :D
I own a switchable (3V- 12V) Power Supply for my GP2X if the batteries are empty. I've buyed it from ED, it is a good (and small! ) supply (right one)

The Cable feels a little bit "cheap" compared to the other Adaptor on the left (from my Philishave :D ) which is even a little bit smaller than the Power Supply for the GP2X.
I think my GP2X Switching Adapter would also work for the Pandora but it only has 1000mAh, I don't know if this could be a Problem.

Well, whatever the Pandpra Adapter will be, It should have a good cable and should be small. :) And if we need some exotic USB-Adapters (from mini to maxi or on the go to whatever is needed to do USB Charging), they should be included into the Pandora Package.

Them sending out a switching adapter would be awesome. Though, I suppose it would need big arrows for the setting you needed for the Pandora...

PSP charger seems well made, all feels sturdily manufactured.
Never had a problem with it either.
If the technical side of things is okay, no objections.

My personal preference is for the PSP adapter, noting that there appears no large reason to look into something else.

To be honest I thought the power supply would of been sourced and ready to go off the shelf at this late point in the game but obviously not. When I ordered a Pandora I expected to get an AC power supply with the Pandora and this poll leads me to believe that if most people have a psp power supply at home you'll be sending the Pandora out without one or with a cheapo slow usb charger for instance. I hope sence prevails and OP send out genuine psp chargers or the like, or even a third party one on dealextreme.

Not a genuine psp charger but it's $4.90
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.612

Edit: Was hoping they'd go for an AC charger so to free up the usb port aswell Gruso, that's why I'd rather they go for a psp type AC adapter and not the usb route :)

Pandora is really getting to be the frankenstein of handhelds: PSP charger, DS hinge, Archos screen and SOC(first to release), G1 wifi/BT chip, and I'm sure more.

puppydee said:
To be honest I thought the power supply would of been sourced and ready to go off the shelf at this late point in the game but obviously not. When I ordered a Pandora I expected to get an AC power supply with the Pandora and this poll leads me to believe that if most people have a psp power supply at home you'll be sending the Pandora out without one or with a cheapo slow usb charger for instance. I hope sence prevails and OP send out genuine psp chargers or the like, or even a third party one on dealextreme.

Not a genuine psp charger but it's $4.90
http://www.dealextre...ails.dx/sku.612
Mains USB adaptors aren't as slow as charging from a PC USB port, because they can deliver more current. To be honest I'd prefer to see a regular 5V adaptor ship with Pandora too (it frees up a USB port, and makes use of that lovely 5V inlet), but I'd use a Pandora approved USB adaptor before I used cheapo third party adaptor.

Either way, I trust that whatever they ship will be good. MWeston is to power supplies what DaveC is to d-pads.

They haven't sourced one yet because they don't have to build one. They can literally just order one at the last minute and have 4000 shipped to them. There's no harm in taking the time to pick the right one for the right price.

Would it be too expensive to have a usb plug?

31A4lLoMzKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Providing that the usb cable would plug into the ac port and not hog the usb port, I think this would be a good option.

That's the kind of thing they're looking at (but it's not confirmed yet). Good point about the cable actually, those USB to round power plug dealios are pretty much an off the shelf item.

I tend to be weary of using those USB to plug things, ever since I fried an iPod with one. I'd much prefer an actual cable.

Yeah, I too am of the opinion that we should get a proper, AC, switch-mode, regular plug charger. Not something that occupies the usb slot.

Sugar_Kane just said that we should have a USB to powerplug cable to not use up the USB plug.

I just realize that I have this kind of power supply. I have PS for my PocketPC Loox N560 from FujitsuSiemens. I gives 5V, 2A, (+) on inner and (-) on outer plug's side.

I have 2 PSP power supplies and haven't had any trouble with either one. I've also used a USB cable that has a splitter between PSP power adapter and Mini USB A like the one here and it does charge slower than the power brick (2000ma vs 500ma for USB)

I have a PSP psu that I've used for both my PSP and Sony Reader and it has always worked very well.

Tor said:
Yeah, I too am of the opinion that we should get a proper, AC, switch-mode, regular plug charger. Not something that occupies the usb slot.
Count me in as well. A good ol' AC plug please, no usb.

Back