International Pandora Launch Party

Which meeting location would you prefer?

• Total voters

bit far out but yes! :)

i been there before, about half my lifetime ago infact, i was about 15 i think, and i went to Austria to go skiing, mad fun, all i can remember though really was they had unisex changing rooms in the swimming pool, which id never even heard of before! I remember stepping out my cubicle to get to the locker and a fully grown woman before me in the complete buff --- i giggled, copped a quick second glance, then was smiling the whole day lol

infact that is the ONLY unisex changing rooms i ever been in, dont think i ever seen one of them over here anywhere

so yes, Austria was all good in my books :)

EdCa22 said:
NE2000 or 3c589 compatible? I think I have a couple banging around. Bet you can find 3c589s on ebay for next to nothing though. Or look here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=116

Edit: Also, this guy is selling some:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47913

Thanks mate for the links! It got me searching again and I found one auction on Ebay for my old one (Cheap and working). The 3Com model is sold for around 30€ at Ebay, which is quite a lot for a used old PCMCIA-card. Well...I try to snatch the one I already had :)

So...ahem...back to topic... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sugar_Kane said:
Confirmed: pyjama launch party at Nupfi's house

omg that's going to be crowded... °_o VERY crowded. :p

youre right .... probably best if everyone leaves there pajamas at home then ..... you know .... just to free up some space in there

jokes! :D

Wootson said:
The preference seems to be for Europe or North America.

And at least 10 miles / 16.1 kilometers away from the ocean...
cthulhu-6.jpg

Attachments

• cthulhu-6.jpg
    cthulhu-6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 101
I like the exuberant optimism being displayed here. Pre-June delivery(aka launch aka lunch) date.

Not all of us will be eligible to attend at that time.

may88 said:
I like the exuberant optimism being displayed here. Pre-June delivery(aka launch aka lunch) date.

Ahhhw... don't say that! :(

Just asking if anybody has thought of bringing his/her (to be received) pandora to Assembly Summer 2010 (in Helsinki,Finland) ;)?

If you dont know what I'm talking about skip this post or see www.assembly.org if interested.
Its quite pricey for just a pandora meet so just asking if there is going to be people with pandoras there, not trying to get the whole globe there :p.

Just thinking that a mini meeting of pandora owners would be nice.
I'm certainly going there if i can get anyone of my friends interested too so i dont have to go alone.

Nupfi said:
may88 said:

Ahhhw... don't say that! :(
I don't WANT to say that, believe you me. But I've followed this project for too long to think more that 700 of my fellow 1st batchers would be able to pack a Pandora for the trip.

Sorry if this is appears pessimistic but I am both optimistic and realistic and in my book: optimism + realism = pessimism.

For me, and I've been out of the loop for a week, I still do not have a clear idea of how the plans to get the last 3000 built are shaping up.

urjaman said:
Just asking if anybody has thought of bringing his/her (to be received) pandora to Assembly Summer 2010 (in Helsinki,Finland) ;) ?

If you dont know what I'm talking about skip this post or see www.assembly.org if interested.
Its quite pricey for just a pandora meet so just asking if there is going to be people with pandoras there, not trying to get the whole globe there :p .

Just thinking that a mini meeting of pandora owners would be nice.
I'm certainly going there if i can get anyone of my friends interested too so i dont have to go alone.

I might be going. I haven't participated (well, I have but remotely) in years, but maybe I could make some time this time around now that I've got school off my back.

Maybe the US should have its own party. After all, airfare isn't cheap, and there's a 30% vote there. Just a thought.

however, I'm guessing there's no way we'll have a pandora party anywhere in Utah, so I probably wouldn't go anyways. :p

Of course, one in florida would give me the excuse of seeing my cousins again......same goes for Idaho, Arizona and California.

Willrandship said:
Maybe the US should have its own party. After all, airfare isn't cheap, and there's a 30% vote there. Just a thought.
North America is not the US. :angry:
:p

Why isn't there an option for "Craigs secret roof - party" available?

there is!

its just so secret only the masons know about it :)

id rather it was on a roof too, so whats craigx saying? his roof a good size?

we could block the drainpipe and fill the gutter with BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Yeah a North American launch party should be held in Topeka Kansas because its pretty much right in the center of North America. Deff. is for the United States but if topeka is to small you could all ways do it in Kansas City that way people on one coast don't have to fly all the way to the opposite coast. And people in Canada wouldn't have to fly as far as like Mexico and same for people from Mexico wouldn't have to fly as far north as if it were held in Canada. thus making it a little more short a travel for every one. If North America had there on launch party. .3

Ps theres probably a better way to word that but but i think i got the point across

There is a lovely roof for partying in Essen/Germany in the Unperfekt-Haus. As the owner of that house is an OpenSource-Maniac like most of us (founder of the Linux-Hotel) and also sponsor of the CeBIT-Stage Michael was talking at, this might be a good place. (Essen is also quite Central for Europe).

Combined with the open nature of the Unperfekthaus it might be the ideal surrounding to have a release party :)

img_4481.jpg

indexbild.jpg
Edit...hwo do the spoilertags work?

Attachments

• img_4481.jpg
    img_4481.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • indexbild.jpg
    indexbild.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 110
Back