International Pandora Launch Party

Which meeting location would you prefer?

• Total voters

Wootson

International%20Pandora%20Launch%20Party.jpg

This is just an idea. Nothing is set into stone yet.

Would anyone be interested in an international Pandora launch party? Of course, AFTER we have gotten our Pandora's! See it is a way to celebrate our months/years of waiting, to meet up with our fellow Pandorians (are we called that way?), etcetera.

Personally I would be very willing to come to a meeting if it were to be held somewhere in Europe. Maybe Germany would be a great place to meet. But, who am I to decide? Let's discuss this all together!

We can use this thread as a central point for anything that will be planned for the future. Any SERIOUS information could then be added to this opening post.

----------

Option #1
Suggested and arranged by GP32X Boards user "jottt".

Where? Near "Frankfurt am Main" in Germany.
When? June 3rd till June 6th, 2010.
What? According to jottt:

I already got a party set up, ready with fresh Pizza, 24/7 Barservice, old train-shed, so the only thing missing is a Pandora. You are very welcome to Party anyway (who needs a reason to party anyway). It's only 10€ fee for power, sleeping & washingrooms, network and other stuff. If there are a couple of Pandorians that are interested, I am very willing to set up a special area for my fellow friends, and maybe an even reduced price because I like you so much.
Costs per person? Only €10 euro! Group reduction may also be possible.

A meeting with hundreds of people might not be possible here.

----------

In the UK it would have to be somewhere in the London area, although the highest concentration of Pandora orders in the UK is around the Bristol area.

we should all just go round criagixs house. save on postage for him... not so much on travelling costs for us...

I live in Norway, so a meetup in Germany wouldn't be too bad, I like it there.

I'm probably going to Spiel in Essen, Germany at the end of October. It's the worlds largest annual board game fair/convention, you can also find comics, live action RPG stuff, collectible card games and similar things there. If anyone wanna get together then, let me know.

My photos from last year, click the image for more:
1258038746_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 1258038746_resized.jpg
    1258038746_resized.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 94
If it happens in london I'm defo there as it's where I live :)
I'd defo come to one in Bristol or anywhere in uk really and say hello, peek your pandora and see what I want to nick and put on mine, and other party activities like drink!

If it was elsewhere in Europe like Germany I might do, be nice as a little break overseas too, but would depend on funds at the time of said event

craigix said:
In the UK it would have to be somewhere in the London area, although the highest concentration of Pandora orders in the UK is around the Bristol area.

Right then, Bristol it is! I'm happy with that decision. Where to then? erm, me luvvur!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agh damn it. If the Pandora will hold off launch until late October then I know somebody who's going to uni there, two birds with one stone.

London's good for me :)

I would consider going to a party in Germany. Other European countries would probably be Ok as well.

I am for Hannover! ED knows the way already. And there are at least 4 Pre-Orders in this city ;)
And as I would save the travel expenses I will buy lots of beer and wine (and Prosecco for the "girls") ;)

Polossatik said:
no poll? :)

What about Brussels, Belgium... the centrum of the EU? and good beer.. :D

Brussels is not the center of the EU. The rich just invented that to build their Tower of Babel there. And Germany has the best beers, everyone knows that! :) But fair enough, Palm beer is also very good.

Europe would be a good place for gathering (according to the Pandora People Map), but I would certainly not count out all the others options. There is a high concentration of people in the upper regions of Europe. Especially in the UK and around Germany.

craigix said:
If someone wants to suggest somewhere in the south I'm all for it. I know it could not happen up here.
Of course it could - Forum party round the Bigg Market maybe?? :eek:

x68000 said:
craigix said:
If someone wants to suggest somewhere in the south I'm all for it. I know it could not happen up here.
Of course it could - Forum party round the Bigg Market maybe?? :eek:

Have the Pandora party in Shearer's Bar :D

Back