Psp Ordered!

It's not a rumour, it's public knowledge. Sony switched from Sharp to Samsung in january I think it was because they are cheaper and can mass produce LCDs faster, plus they have a good relationship with Sony. Some people say the Samsung screen isn't as bright, if it's not I don't mind as it probably saves on battery power :)

I think it does. :)

I was doing a battery test yesterday with a friend, on Ridge Racers - I think at full brightness, and 3 bars away from max volume, we got the battery lasting 5 and a half hours without turning it off, with the both of us alternating between playing.

This is a japanese model. :blink:

junker posted on Apr 1 2005 at 02:58 AM said:
yeah, my friends didn't think much of it till i showed em mine. they were like 'damn! sony is not playin!' :D
shortly after that they noticed the ghosting <_< haha, i'm making it more of an issue than it really is

btw, after playing near sunlight today i noticed some scratches, many! ouch. not a big deal, but just thinking of scratches ..i dunno. must be the stupid cloth it comes with!

It's not the cloth and it's nothing you did wrong, I guarantee you, it came out of the box like that. I have seen so many now, US and Japanese ones, and they ALL come out of the box with hairline scratches, most of these, 95% of them, are NOT visible except in sunlight, but some systems, including three that I have personally owned now, also came out of the box with at least one scratch deep enough to be seen under indoor lighting when held at a certain angle. My latest one, the US one, actually has a scratch directly on the LCD, versus the scratches I usually see on the faceplate of the unit.

For what it's worth, my DS was exactly the same, as well, both of my GBA SP's... they all had hairline scratches that were easily visible in sunlight.

Now my regular GBA's, on the other hand, never had any.....

Last edited by a moderator:
My Jap unit came with some slight scratches when out in the sun. No big deal when the backlight is on. :)

Back