Psp Or Gizmondo

GP32BLU166

Still Fresh
which one to get can't decide. does The GIZMONDO has a 400 MHZ CPU and the PSP has a 333 MHZ CPU and the The GIZMONDO has WINDOWS CE BUILT IN. there are lots of emulators releast for Windows CE.

this is general talk about GP32 take the thread to other consoles

i dont think the windows CE on the gizmondo is visible to the user

You can't judge a console by its number of MHZ, the PSP uses a different processor and also has a video processing chip which is much more usefull than a high clock speed. If you want good games and a gauranteed long life span get a PSP, if you want a console which IMO will never amount to anything with as many games as the N-Gage (which I own :p) get a gizmond.

I think Tiger made the Gizmondo am I right? This is the company who made the absoloutely horrid Game.com (which I also owned). I'm never buying a product made by them even if it was the best thing in the world (well maybe than :p)

kotd is absolutely right about the MHz issue

i don't know why, but it's like a legend, like a myth......

the frequency has not the dimension of a power. frequency means "per second".
in case of processors, the frequency is the number of cycles a processor makes per second. what the processor can do within one cycle is another thing...

power means "work per time". and you can't measure that in the dimension of a frequency, except you compare same units (like the GP32 running at different clockspeeds).

thats basic nature. is nature so hard to understand?

junker posted on Mar 27 2005 at 01:46 AM said:
could it be my unit!? everyone i've shown it to acknowledges the ghosting while watching vids.
also, you see more ghosting when you play a vid right after powerng for the first time in a while, then if you were to play the vid after having the thing on for a while. might be that the pixels need a warmup, heh?

edit, the wipeout browser hack!! oh yeah, this game gets better and better!

exactly! i have a hard time explaining this to newbies and friends, hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
kotd posted on Mar 27 2005 at 01:15 AM said:
You can't judge a console by its number of MHZ, the PSP uses a different processor and also has a video processing chip which is much more usefull than a high clock speed.

That's right. My 2.66Ghz PC runs Far Cry really badly on high spec mode beacause of an arse graphics card.

I believe that the Win CE of the Giz is an embedded version, like the fact that the Xbox OS is based on a Win2000 Kernel. Whether the Giz will be cracked is uncertain, but I know that Tiger have been as careful as Sony when it comes to the protection of their beloved little thing.

kotd posted on Mar 27 2005 at 02:53 AM said:
Where did this ^ come from lol

i quoted myself isnstead of the guy above, hehe

Back