• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X360

• We will all die

• Total voters

itsme posted on Apr 8 2006 at 11:35 PM said:
My vote goes to PS3 and Revo splitting the market in 5:3 or 6:3 ratio. Especially, after seeing X360 fell flat on its face with its Japanese launch, I have no faith on X360's success. It'll ride on MS money and a few American PC gamers, and that'll be just enough for it to stay afloat, but not much more.
The japanese market is still waiting to see what the PS3 delivers. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see microsoft launch some very japan-pleasing titles just as the PS3 is released.

Don't forget, MS has Square Enix on board now, that's a pretty big player. If Sony doesn't manage to get a really good launch line up for the PS3 then it could still fall flat on it's face.

itsme posted on Apr 8 2006 at 11:35 PM said:
You can do so much with FPS PC ports, after all. ;)
I don't know about you, but I'm not expecting fantastic innovation from the PS3 either. I'm expecting a lot of games called Beat 'Em Up 6, Driving Sim 5, Football 2007 and RPG XIII. Just like the PS2 got.

Last edited by a moderator:
FluffyPanda posted on Apr 12 2006 at 02:56 AM said:
Don't forget, MS has Square Enix on board now, that's a pretty big player. If Sony doesn't manage to get a really good launch line up for the PS3 then it could still fall flat on it's face.

Having publisher X on board can mean anything. They can throw in ports of all sorts and claim they're supporting the platform How many remakes and ports are we seeing on PSP from Capcom, for example? Having Square on board with ok-at-best-game like FF Crystal Chronicles for GameCube didn't do a thing. Who cares about FF11 at this point? It matters only if the publisher is willing to provide their major franchises to the platform such as new MGS, new main FF series, new main DQ series, new MegaMan, new Castlevania, and stuffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that sony can only ride the success of the PS1 for so long.

Games are what interest gamers, not cell chips. Nintendo used to be the number one, not so very long ago. They lost market share on the N64 against the PS1, as far as I'm concerned because their games just couldn't compete with the wow factor of full motion video and cd quality sound. The FFVII effect, if you like.

Japan is one hell of a tough market for any american company, but that's not to say that Sony is going to walk away with it this generation, or the next. Things change and I won't be putting any bets on sony wining anyone over until I've seen exactly what they can put on the shelf.

This generation, I would not be too surprised to see nintendo clawing back some ground from sony in japan and ms taking some in europe. Where MS do have a good chance to grab some of the sony market is in buying up the best development studios. Lionhead will probably turn a prety penny for MS, even if they don't succeed with the 360, they'll still be selling for windows vista after all.

I'm not an MS fanboy, I'm more of a linux guy myself, but I give credit where it's due. Xbox and GC were both better than the PS2 for my money, the DS is a better handheld than the PSP and the PS3 sounds like a huge mistake from everything I've read about it. I think that Sony peaked right off the bat with the PS1 and have been riding the fanboyism since then.

ewwww... I said fanboy.... I hate that word... *goes for a shower*

Back