[project Ninja] Touchscreen, Or Not.

Do you think the PNinja needs a touchscreen ?

• Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Myth

Do we need a touchscreen ? Some people says yes (and strongly), other says no (strongly too ;) ). Well, let's see...

voted no, because i own a Zodiac, and for the emulation aspect, the touchscreen is just a nice gimmick to control the menus. Also, a touchscreen must be protected more and is more expensive

Nilsiboy posted on Jul 9 2005 at 12:03 PM said:
voted no, because i own a Zodiac, and for the emulation aspect, the touchscreen is just a nice gimmick to control the menus. Also, a touchscreen must be protected more and is more expensive
Except for SCUMM, all the old computer emulators, the possibility of having a virtual keyboard, pda functionality...

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Jul 9 2005 at 05:05 PM said:
Except for SCUMM, all the old computer emulators, the possibility of having a virtual keyboard, pda functionality...
Linux and strategy games the list is almost endless.

i expect that a touchscreen would not cost more than 20$ more, but it would add much more value, also for pda like aplications/linux and homebrew.
So its a definitiv yes.

Myth posted on Jul 9 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
Do we need a touchscreen ? Some people says yes (and strongly), other says no (strongly too ;) ). Well, let's see...

You should tell us a bit more first!

How much more will a touchscreen cost?

While it's pretty much useless for console emulation, for more advanced tasks, like running Linux it would be very very useful. Although an analogue stick would do the trick either.

Actually I'd prefer an analogue stick.

Don't know how it costs :s

While it's pretty much useless for console emulation,

Homebrew games ? Some utils ? Originality ? ^_^ Voted yes...

Yes but it all depends on how much it would cost and how difficult it might be to make...
Also if it means that the screen would only have a life of a couple of years that would also be a bad thing...

By the way, why have a poll for something like this which will almost certainly not get implemented...
Personally it should be Mr. Mirko and co's decision whether they want to give this thing a touch screen or not...

If I had to pay £50 more because of a touchscreen I would think that it was pointless - and not worth it.

I voted yes, but, are there any touchscreens that are glass, or a way to put it in front? Plastic scratches too easy, unless screen covers are available of the right size.

people...it should not run linux, nor should it be a PDA, It's meant to emulate SNES, MD, maybe NeoGeo, or even PSX.....

Oooo. My vote made it a dead heat :lol:

No, if I wanted a PDA I'd get one. (Or a NDS for Animal Crossing :ph34r: )

true... but not everyone (or better nearly noone) owns a pda...

and i think it would be great to have a gaming device + a pda for little money...

a touchscreen shouldnt be to expensive... it adds only 10$ or a little bit more to the price.... and i am willing to pay that for a pda...

Nilsiboy posted on Jul 9 2005 at 08:39 PM said:
people...it should not run linux, nor should it be a PDA, It's meant to emulate SNES, MD, maybe NeoGeo, or even PSX.....
no its not, you know homebrew!=warz0ring teh romz0r for teh emuz0r

OK, I voted no now, because the touchscreen would be just a gimmick in my opinion that only makes that thing more expensive and harder to develop.

Also touch-screens tend to decrease the picture quality (the DS touch-screen looks really crappy IMHO).

I vote for simplicity and cheapness. :)

Ditto, dryer lint. If I wanted a PDA, I'd go buy one... I want a gaming device, not a PDA. A touch screen would only be good for strategy games like Red Alert as far as gaming is concerned, but unless it can emulate windows 95, DOS, or Playstation, it won't be able to play Red Alert anyhow. And the playstation version of Red Alert uses the controller too... so it doesn't really matter. A touch screen isn't important, and it'll only make the system cost more.

Back