Production Pyra photos/videos/thoughts thread

What is going on is @ClockworkCoder's theory - the underside of the outer case is coated in a slightly different way (or not coated at all?) to the outside of the parts.

This close-up shows the detail better, the different texture is much more obvious:

View attachment 36250

My suspicion is that you have a 'late prototype' case that is a combination of first-run testing for the coated plastics combined with uncoated pieces.

Remember that this unit was 'rushed out' to daveshah as a developer unit - don't harp about the finer aesthetics so much.

Edit: Ulp - I guess my theory is wrong.

What is the manual going to be like

All it technically needs to be is a card with a link to the wiki, and perhaps a diagram to show which port to stick your charging cable in to.

Edit: With you on the manual, although I'd pay extra for a nice hard-back manual (like some early computer user/service manuals)

All it technically needs to be is a card with a link to the wiki, and perhaps a diagram to show which port to stick your charging cable in to.

Edit: With you on the manual, although I'd pay extra for a nice hard-back manual (like some early computer user/service manuals)
Wouldn’t it be more ecological to have a digital manual hosted on this forum as a primary source, maybe accessible by QR code?

In that case, it would need to be a 6" x 8" 3 ring cloth bound binder with the name and version on the spine with a board box slip cover.
Post automatically merged:

The manual could actually just be an html document added to the OS install with an icon on the desktop. Or even a PND that downloads and syncs the latest version from the Wiki.

imo, a physical manual should just contain the minimum safety/legal/how to turn it on information. Over the next few months the software is likely to be quite volatile as bugs are fixed, configuration is changed based on user feedback, etc, so detailed instructions would probably go out of date too quickly - an online manual link for that kind of stuff would be much more useful.

The only manual that real men need is the source code and the schematics. Just put those in the manual.
No. I'm going to hang the Pyra on my neck to impress women.

So I take it that according to you, real men need source code and schematics, but women make do just with a LibreOffice Impress .odp file even if they only get a passing glance of it in a Pyra hanging from someone's neck?
So they all already know the source and circuitry by heart and can contribute drivers and applications just from the concept slideshow then ? Wow ! How lovely !

So I take it that according to you, real men need source code and schematics, but women make do just with a LibreOffice Impress .odp file even if they only get a passing glance of it in a Pyra hanging from someone's neck?
So they all already know the source and circuitry by heart and can contribute drivers and applications just from the concept slideshow then ? Wow ! How lovely !
Where can we get more women devs?!

You are correct, except for the parts that you made up.

Wouldn’t it be more ecological to have a digital manual hosted on this forum as a primary source, maybe accessible by QR code?
I read that forests are planted specifically for making paper, so the more unrecycled paper that gets used, the more trees there are. I'm not sure if that's true, but it makes a ton of sense to me.

Back