Production Pyra photos/videos/thoughts thread

Pretty nice, and its looks awesome in dark chrome ^^,
This Retro Arch thing was a whole OS dedicated to Emulators ?? How easy would this be to use? Is this the Way to go on the Pyra or do whe still have the Emulators as "Single Softwares you can Run by Clicking the Icon on Debian" ?

Ditnt had the Time, but i think i will look at the Video and Pix later ^^

RetroArch is just a program in this case, it's not great but it's an easy way to get a basic set of emulators working on the Pyra. There is a PND for the Pandora you can try if you are curious - I will release a DBP once the most pressing kernel issues are solved.

I hope I'm still in time to ask "Have you finished ?!" before you actually finished !! :cool:

I noticed on your photo in the other thread that there appears to be a colour difference between the lid outer and inner, visible along the edges of the lid and the hinge area.

It's this photo, if this forum allows cross-attaching
View attachment 36240

In the corresponding picture in this thread, the entire lid in in shadow, so it doesn't show up there.

Last edited:
Is that colour deviation an affectation of how its reflecting the light differently? Or perhaps the underside of the pieces are coated differently somehow (e.g. light refracting at different angles according to the direction of the applied coating)?

Indeed, that's what I meant to ask, but omitted to do that. The colour of the edges is problematic, because they look to be rounded, so you'll only get a registrable colour in a very thin line along them, but I'd expect the colour to match quite closely on the hinge area, but then again this is one photo from one specific angle.

What is going on is @ClockworkCoder's theory - the underside of the outer case is coated in a slightly different way (or not coated at all?) to the outside of the parts.

This close-up shows the detail better, the different texture is much more obvious:

hinge.JPG

Could it be that this was made so there is less friktion between the Moving Parts ? , A Coating puts some material to the Plastic, and its allready designt to work whitout Coating..
Also the Buttons/Keyboad need some space to move..

Back