Problem With Drmd (sega Emulator)

well, i can name a few which dont work properly:

Zool (doesnt even get to start screen)

zombies ate my neighbours (when you walk right about 1CM of the left part of the screen "sticks" to the edge ..cant explain properly you'd have to try it
sonic 2 two player is glitchy also an air plain game called... ahh yes after burner II looks pretty bad to...

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it sounds like you have the settings correct..... i have no idea what's wrong then..... have you tried just starting over from scratch? (deleting stuff off card, redownloading everything, and then installing it following readme instructions)

Yep. Tried that many times. I inquired about a return with gp32z.com, but they said that since I installed the screen protector, a return might be a problem. However the guy said that they will probably take it back. If they wont, there's always e-bay. Some guy sold his GP2X for more than it was originally worth... heh.

Yep. Tried that many times. I inquired about a return with gp32z.com, but they said that since I installed the screen protector, a return might be a problem. However the guy said that they will probably take it back. If they wont, there's always e-bay. Some guy sold his GP2X for more than it was originally worth... heh.
Don't you think it will be quite difficult to convince the seller that your unit is actually not working as expected ? :blink:
On the other hand, if you're convinced that your unit is really faulty, it would be very unfair to sell it using eBay :blink:
Btw, you should try previous DrMD versions, if possible, and see if you got the same problem.

Don't you think it will be quite difficult to convince the seller that your unit is actually not working as expected ? :blink:
On the other hand, if you're convinced that your unit is really faulty, it would be very unfair to sell it using eBay :blink:
Btw, you should try previous DrMD versions, if possible, and see if you got the same problem.

I have 100% positive feedback on e-bay. I would never send a defective unit to someone. I am pretty sure it is not defective,( HOWEVER I CANNOT BE SURE SINCE I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE THINGS) since it runs most things aside from DrMD, and I will make sure that I'm selling a working unit before I sell it.
The e-bay thing is just my last resort if i KNOW FOR SURE that the unit is in good working order, BUT I cannot return it.

I cant find the previous versions anywhere. Any help with this is appreciated.

EDIT: I have fixed my problem. It involved the settings and usb port.

Heh, this thread is teh funnies.

now excuse me, I'm about to start a 5 page rant about how my car goes too fast and then just randomly edit one of the posts to say "i fixed it, it had to do with the gears"

Ciao

Yeah! WTF was the fix?! :lol:

You got all pissy on us after many tries at helping you (post #25), and now you drop the "Never mind ... I fixed'd myself" bomb :angry:

I'd like to add a note about battery life, with disposables not rechargeables, I've done a lot of research, and spent WAAAAAAYYY too much on them. :)

Barring the bugs in the video/audio syncing I get, these are my results:

ASDA SmartPrice AAs: N/A Died during boot-up
Red Dragon (Chinese brand?): N/A No power up beyond brief LED flicker
Black Bull (Or whatever they were called now - Supplied with Unit): 33 Mins glitch-free use.
Duracell Coppertop: 51m 32s glitch free use.
Duracell M3: 56m
Energizer Ultimate: 1 hr 10 mins (See notes below)
Energizer Ultimate Lithium: 7hrs thusfar, still going. :lol:

My tests have been simple, and fair, my criteria for it has been, in this order (EDIT) Firmware 1.2.1(/EDIT):

45m DivX - Star Trek Enterprise 4x22 (640x480 size)
60m DrMD - Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (Default settings)
60m MP3 Playing - For fairness, this was done in consecutive order, rather than random play.
30m Narcissu - Starting at chapter 1 each time (mainly due to the saving glitch) EXCELLENT BTW
Since Nothing got this far except my lithium batteries, I won't bother listing any more. :D Needless to say, I'm quite pleased, but they are REALLY expensive, I'm just glad I've still got another two in the pack. :lol:

after I selected my roms I have a black screen... and the 2x hangs..=(
tried offing the sound setting and set frameskip 0 it failed also ..

anyone able to offer some help

nintondo posted on Feb 7 2006 at 10:07 PM said:

Have you tried your roms with a PC emulator? Maybe they're bad dumps.

iignotus posted on Feb 8 2006 at 12:43 PM said:
nintondo posted on Feb 7 2006 at 10:07 PM said:

Have you tried your roms with a PC emulator? Maybe they're bad dumps.

yup tried with an emu still the same.. tried with several roms.. tried oning the fps and once it shows the fps it hangs..at a black screen...
also tried formating the sd card.

Back