Gp Clock Speeds And Drmd

ASB

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have a modded GP32 from GBAX, but when I run DRMD at 166mhz it crashes after a few minutes. It works fine at 154, is there any way I can test the clock speed of my GP.

Oh and great work reesy the emulater is superb, cant wait for next release, everygame ive tested works perfectly.

Thanks

I get the same thing at 166. Not all emulators can run at the same speed on the same machine. 156 is fine for DrMD games, it's not that much of a speed difference anyway. :)

There is a program to test the clock speed.
Just use the hardly used thingy called "search button" and search for it!
I would give you a link if I could remember it, but I don`t.

Im sure it does go to 166mhz as I trust GBAX, I was just wondering why DRMD crashed using that speed. I need the clock speed tester so I can see what its been modded to. Just out of curiosity.

Hmm, they are all tested but if it is crashing (and its definately not batteries etc.) we will replace it for you, please email us!

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Now that's dedication. How many other firms would reply to a thread offering a replacement at 00:43 in the morning on Boxing Day. Nice one Craig.

Clockspeed tester

I'm pretty sure you'll find that it's normal for DrMD to work best at 156 on your modded machine. I also have the 166 GBAX machine and it tested fine at 166 but for SNES and Megadrive emulators I tend to prefer running at the next setting down to avoid reboots. It just depends on what emulator you are using. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Im not worrying about it, im happy with my GP how it is. Im not sure if I would want a replacement because of the new LCD's. Doom runs perfect,and the emulater runs perfect at 156 so I really cant complain.

How do you get the clock speed tester to work, where does it have to go on the smc, its a .rar file.

Anyway im sure my GP32 does reach 166mhz as I can still boot up a game at this setting, it just crashes after a few minutes. If I try loading a game at a higher setting I just get a blank screen.

Try using 164mhz in Drmd and see if you have any more success, we do test every gp32 for a good 20mins at 166mhz but I suspect some programs use alt cpu settings.

I have written a little program which seems to get more mhz out of gp32's, i'll post more about that later and how it works.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Something like a temp OCer, perhaps?

I.e. jumps to higher speeds very briefly before going back to a safer base, and then uses a cache system to stop the GP32 from appearing mad?

Or am I being insane lol?

ASB posted on Dec 26 2004 at 04:46 AM said:
How do you get the clock speed tester to work, where does it have to go on the smc, its a .rar file.

Anyway im sure my GP32 does reach 166mhz as I can still boot up a game at this setting, it just crashes after a few minutes. If I try loading a game at a higher setting I just get a blank screen.

An .RAR is like a .ZIP. You extract it with WinRAR or some other program, WinRAR is the main one, and copy the .FXE contained inside to GPMM. Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try 164mhz. I have an unmodded BLU that doesnt' seem very happy at 166, but runs DrMD at 164 all day long.

Back