Neogeo Help

Thunderwing

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Total Newbie here.

I'm having a problem with the emulator gngeo2x

I can get the emulator to start and for instance get metalslug to load. The problem is if I enable sound on any game the system crashes.

Been tearing my hair out, but at least I got this far.

Any help will be great.

Ok update:

I have also tried Samuri Showdon 2 and have the same problem, without sound enabled games run fine but as soon as I enable sound crashes! I have even tried a older version of the emulator but its the same. tried downloading the roms again and the games just in case of bad dumps but still the same

just a thought im using a F200 anyone have a clue what im doing wrong?

Thunderwing said:
Hi all,

Total Newbie here.

I'm having a problem with the emulator gngeo2x

I can get the emulator to start and for instance get metalslug to load. The problem is if I enable sound on any game the system crashes.

Been tearing my hair out, but at least I got this far.

Any help will be great.

Ok update:

I have also tried Samuri Showdon 2 and have the same problem, without sound enabled games run fine but as soon as I enable sound crashes! I have even tried a older version of the emulator but its the same. tried downloading the roms again and the games just in case of bad dumps but still the same

just a thought im using a F200 anyone have a clue what im doing wrong?
May well be the sound frequencies. What version of gngeo are you running?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

this is doing my head in ok im using version gngeo v 7 with rage2x

i have tried all sound frequencies but they all crash any rom

i havent got a clue

also tried version 6.12 but its the same

cheers

Did you check the bios file's (neogeo.zip) contents to see if it matches to the one in document of the emu ? And does the same bios run fine on Neoragex pc or mame ?

Unibios runs well ; download and try it if you're using a different one.

Alghazanth said:
Did you check the bios file's (neogeo.zip) contents to see if it matches to the one in document of the emu ? And does the same bios run fine on Neoragex pc or mame ?

Unibios runs well ; download and try it if you're using a different one.
got all the correct files from the bios zip file, and as i said if i didnt the rom would surely not boot but without sound boots fine and plays great, buts as soon as i enable sound it crashes. also have tried unibios with same results

i do have a question though, for this emulator do i download the mslug rom for mame or dosent it matter?

cheers

Thunderwing said:
i do have a question though, for this emulator do i download the mslug rom for mame or dosent it matter?
Depending on which Metal Slug you want to play. If it is the first, 2, or X, then a MAME set would most likely work. However, if it's 3, 4, or 5, then some tweaking have to be done to make them work properly. You could just look for a torrent that has these games already formatted and ready to play with GnGeo2x to save you the hassle of formatting them yourself. ;)

Manjuu said:
Thunderwing said:
Depending on which Metal Slug you want to play. If it is the first, 2, or X, then a MAME set would most likely work. However, if it's 3, 4, or 5, then some tweaking have to be done to make them work properly. You could just look for a torrent that has these games already formatted and ready to play with GnGeo2x to save you the hassle of formatting them yourself. ;)

Hi, good news i got it to work, finally!!!

heres what i done.

i redownloaded the bios files (the old ones) and renamed them, then i downloaded the mame version of Metal Slug, put these both with the emulator and it works beautifuly, with sound thanks for all the help guys!!!!

thanks again!

Back