Scale 1:1 "paper-mache" Pandora

God Ginrai said:
craigix said:
OK, it now looks like due to UPS we might not be there after all.

Arse.

Instead we will just make a load of videos and such. Arrgghhhh.
T_T I'm fine as long as this doesn't mean that you will be delaying the release again. (Seeing as how I wouldn't have been able to go to EIF anyway)

-God Ginrai

What if they were to offer an analog stick with three different center clicks and 1,000mm travel? Then would you call for a delay of some sort? :lol: (I kid, I kid)

I'd agree, though; it sucks that there's not going to be any "live" coverage of Pandora, but videos should be just fine. Hopefully they come out soon! I too hope for a delay-free release from this point on. Maybe preorders could start in August after all... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
CronoTriggerfan said:
God Ginrai said:
craigix said:

Arse.

T_T I'm fine as long as this doesn't mean that you will be delaying the release again. (Seeing as how I wouldn't have been able to go to EIF anyway)

-God Ginrai

What if they were to offer an analog stick with three different center clicks and 1,000mm travel? Then would you call for a delay of some sort? :lol: (I kid, I kid)

I'd agree, though; it sucks that there's not going to be any "live" coverage of Pandora, but videos should be just fine. Hopefully they come out soon! I too hope for a delay-free release from this point on. Maybe preorders could start in August after all... :D

I'm fine with a delay because of a feature. I just don't want a delay because they weren't able to show the Pandora at a convention. (which does nothing to add features, just to show them off)

-God Ginrai

All I want at this point for videos is showing the Pandora boot Linux. BIOS to CLI (or GUI if one is already in a reasonable state to show).

Ah, that's a shame - I managed to get one of those booklets today and everything! Still, should be an interesting place to nip along to. I haven't actually ever been to a tech show. Probably the nearest thing was the GP32 meetup a few years back.

I'll look forward to the vids, though, as and when they turn up :)

this sucks, that would have been good for the pandora (which would have been good for it's users, more users = more developers)

You should sue them all! Sue the bastards! (I kid)

bummer

Well if the Pandora comes by September this will be great news.

What I don't think is fair is that UK members are being heavily ripped off when it comes to buying the Pandora.

monaug5 said:
What I don't think is fair is that UK members are being heavily ripped off when it comes to buying the Pandora.
What makes you think they are? The prices work out the same after removing VAT and applying exchange rates - as has been said several times before.

It's also one of the few occasions when the $:£ ratio isn't 1:1.

craigix said:

Arse.

Well... that sure answers the question of "What can brown do for you today" <_<

If it's ok to ask, what did UPS do? (I understand fully if it's not possible to say, though.)

they take stuff from here, and send it there,
and also they get things from there and bring them here.

and sometimes strange things happen to that stuff between there and here

if by "strange things" you mean completely mutilated, you are correct sir. :D

interestingly enough, i've never had a damaged package myself, and that includes everything from tiny bubble mailers to boxes measuring several feet in each dimension. in my professional life however, i've had countless damaged items over the years. the one i'll never forget had the rectangular box bashed into an egg shape, and the item inside was smashed to the point i couldn't tell what it was and had to refer to the packing slip.

paper mache indeed. :lol:

Back