Scale 1:1 "paper-mache" Pandora

Hmm, i live in Edinburgh. <_< Shame that i don't have the cash to go to EIF, was looking at it last year and it pretty freakin' expensive.

Could play assassin's creed and then use the skills i learn to sneak in :ph34r: ...

Stevie said:
Hmm, i live in Edinburgh. <_< Shame that i don't have the cash to go to EIF, was looking at it last year and it pretty freakin' expensive.

Could play assassin's creed and then use the skills i learn to sneak in :ph34r: ...
steal me a demo-model Pandora while youre in stealth mode :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cool, and not trying to be an ass but for future reference "papercraft"

also, afaik the same URL of an image on a page twice doesnt mean you need to download it twice

Tobriand said:
craigix said:
Ah yes, well they want us on the 11th, which might just be the first day for indie devices.
Oooooo.... can you still get tickets? I'm based in Edinburgh from tomorrow until Christmas, so I'd *really* like to go and see Pandora for myself as it currently stands!

*rushes off to investigate*

EDIT: Hmm... looks like I'll either strike it lucky and get in for free (by grabbing a ticket at Gamestation on Princes St), or have to pay ~£90 on the door. Which I might not be so up for, given that I'd rather spend that on Pandora herself! Oh well... I'll find out shortly :).

Well, if you do get to go, remember to bring your camera. ^_^ (If your camera doesn't take good quality pics, borrow one from a friend ;))

-God Ginrai

Stevie said:

Well, the site says you can get tickets for free from Gamestations in Scotland, so it might be worth popping in and asking about them. I certainly intend to.

Otherwise, as I say, £90 is too pricey, and even that is half the full price!

Tobriand said:
Well, the site says you can get tickets for free from Gamestations in Scotland, so it might be worth popping in and asking about them. I certainly intend to.
I was in Gamestation yesterday in Princes Street. There aren't tickets as such - just the official guide books which act as the free tickets.

Also on the EIF website it says you can turn up on the day and register for free entry.

I think it's the conferences and workshops that are for paying guests only, the rest of the display conference halls are open to everyone.

Hmm, free entry eh? I might have to look into that...

Although i have to admit sneaking does seem more fun. I could get a cardboard box Solid snake style. As long as theres no floating exclamation marks i could get in, steal the proto pandora then get out. :ph34r: I would have to get a headset then and when i don't respond have some scream "Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!". In fact, that sounds like fun. Better get some walkie-talkie type headsets and a cardboard box big enough for me. B)

Sneak like Sam Fisher (from Splinter Cell) shoot all the lamps and bash out the guards. You can use some one as a hostage too.
You also can capture craigix alive and force him to cooperate all the new hardware in pandora you want (yeah! that's for all these closed topics)

I'll be the guy with an erection sobbing uncontrollably while holding a knife up to your throat and humming the space invaders theme backwards. See you there.

imec said:
I'll be the guy with an erection sobbing uncontrollably while holding a knife up to your throat and humming the space invaders theme backwards. See you there.
its times like this im glad i don't live in Europe.
that and in "in bruges"

Stevie said:
Hmm, free entry eh? I might have to look into that...

Although i have to admit sneaking does seem more fun. I could get a cardboard box Solid snake style. As long as theres no floating exclamation marks i could get in, steal the proto pandora then get out. :ph34r: I would have to get a headset then and when i don't respond have some scream "Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!". In fact, that sounds like fun. Better get some walkie-talkie type headsets and a cardboard box big enough for me. B)
Thats the spirit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uebaIFihE

Its all about fun.

OK, it now looks like due to UPS we might not be there after all.

Arse.

Instead we will just make a load of videos and such. Arrgghhhh.

craigix said:

:eek:

Does this call for pitchforks and torches? :angry:

Are you guys for sure out of the show?

craigix said:

Arse.

oh dear. what did they do this time? :eek: instantly de-populate a PCB by dropping it out of a cargo plane?

craigix said:

Arse.
Bummer. You guys aren't having much luck with carriers.
craigix said:
For the good of Pandora the show would have been better. For those that wouldn't be able to go, there is at least a little consolation.

craigix said:

Arse.

T_T I'm fine as long as this doesn't mean that you will be delaying the release again. (Seeing as how I wouldn't have been able to go to EIF anyway)

-God Ginrai

TaG said:
For the good of Pandora the show would have been better. For those that wouldn't be able to go, there is at least a little consolation.
EIF would have easily gotten the Pandora some more exposure, which would make the project more successful. I'm officially bummed.

Craig, I am holding you to the words "a load of" in
:p

Back