My Only Real Concern With Regards The Finished Pandora

What I want to know is - if I emulate the ZX Spectrum on this, would it bring back that authentic rubber-keyboard feel? :)

pelrun said:
gibberish said:
and there is no "mechanincal" spring in them so they will push down a lot different than a normal keyboard...
There are no springs in normal keyboards either.

there are in my IBM Model M. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to put an Oric-1/Atmos emulator on this thing and get the chiclet click fetish primped again .. ;)

TaG said:
The biggest problem is if you have fingers like sausages...

+1 for that.......

DSR

gp32rich said:
Stop biting your nails and grow some biological stylussesii

You'd be surprised how often I had to clip my wonderful long nails because they interfered with handheld use. ... And sometimes even regular keyboard use. :(

EDIT: Is it really convenient to type on this with thumb action? My first instinct was to hold the Pandora with my left hand and type with multiple fingers of my right hand?

Eniko said:
gp32rich said:

You'd be surprised how often I had to clip my wonderful long nails because they interfered with handheld use. ... And sometimes even regular keyboard use. :(

EDIT: Is it really convenient to type on this with thumb action? My first instinct was to hold the Pandora with my left hand and type with multiple fingers of my right hand?

I can kinda thumb type with my EEE701, so it sounds plausible.

Yeah, my only fear is that the keyboard is not really usable, and the same for the game controllers..
I never saw any video showing the opposite. So i'm hoping the best..

Eniko said:
gp32rich said:

I never even thought to do it your way. It seems almost... strange. But hey, it might work. I think thumb typing should be fine with the Pandora. It works with the Blackberry.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I never even thought to do it your way. It seems almost... strange. But hey, it might work. I think thumb typing should be fine with the Pandora. It works with the Blackberry.

-God Ginrai

It probably is weird. I don't have enough texting experience on cellphones to thumb type properly, I do it the same way even though it's far from ideal. :p

I'd think that on a hand held device like a portable game system that thumb use would be the first thing you think to use. I mean aside from the touchscreen use on the DS but even then I'm more likely to tap the screen with my thumb than to stop and pull out the stylus.

Eniko said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

It probably is weird. I don't have enough texting experience on cellphones to thumb type properly, I do it the same way even though it's far from ideal. :p
Don't worry, you'll get used to thumb typing pretty quickly, I'm sure. I know that I didn't really learn it back when I was on a 9-button cell, but when I started using a Blackberry, it just came right away.

-God Ginrai

Eniko said:
gp32rich said:

No. I wouldn't. Nails that are long make it difficult to type.
But thumbnails don't make much difference on a normal keyboard, and shaped into a point could help make thumb typing more accurate ;)

In fact, I've found a song about it :D
http://www.ely.com/EarlyAlbums.html#Fingernails said:
I keep my fingernails long
So they Click when I play the piano type on Pandora
I keep my fingernails long
So they Click when I play the piano type on Pandora
I'm gonna keep 'em that way
Till the Swallows get back from Louisiana.Coz I can't wait to get my pre-order

Well, I used to chew 'em off
I was Nervous over you.
I missed want that clickin', tickin' sound,
HoneyCraigIX, what I'm gonna do,