Preorders Have Started.

A warning to anyone new here:

You have to be really really stupid to give those people money now.

I paid them 250 Euro over three years ago for exactly the same product that they promise now, and still did not get anything.
They did promise there is a queue, and whoever ordered first gets their device first, but that was a lie.

Now they promise you that if you pay you will get your device before I will get mine, but why should you believe them?

When a device will be ready, and it won't be in January (OK, it might be in January, but it certainly won't be in 2012), maybe someone will be willing to pay 400 Euro for this, while you only have to pay 365 Euro, so the choice is obvious. So they will be nice and will tell you - pay 400 Euro, or keep waiting.

If you really want this device, wait until it is actually available, and then buy it. Paying now will give you no priority.

BAFelton said:
This time only 10€ are asked so I think it's worth the risk ;)

no, is not
pandora concept is nice. real pandora is a piece of outdated hardware, with broken wifi, unusable controls (nubs, L R), known design problems (purple LCD of dead) and very low quality plastic

it will not substitute your blackberry or iphone on the go, and to play emus just buy a psp or a ds for 1/3 money

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFelton said:

I have one, it's definitely worth a pre-order price of only 10 euros.

It's fast, it's easy to use, it's a full PC in your pocket - absolutely fantastic little machine. The software is maturing very nicely; for emulation you can't beat it with current devices. All the emulators run much, much faster than equivalents on PSP (and the mentioned NDS for emulation is a joke - I have a NDSL and it barely manages Megadrive, with SNES being only able to run a small subset of the available ROMs).

The plastics are a tad ropey, I'd agree - but the nubs and shoulder buttons are now fixed and the only Pandoras with wifi issues are those that the previous board company have broken, which are being sold at a loss with a small wifi dongle included to make up for it. The purple screen issue won't be present in the new production run either, as they'll all be using the new LCD ribbon cables.

All in all, it's worth your money and the time spent waiting for production. Hell, I waited 2.25 years for mine, and I'd still do it again - it really is that good.

D.

If you are on this board this is the device to go for....
I am into portable emulation on this board since the gp32
I tried emulation on almost every device out there ... gp32 gp2x psp nds palm ipods...
These are all great machines but for the pure retro experience nothing comes even close to my pandora

The wait was long but the experience now is great.... I do not understand the negativity here.
If the wait was too long you could always ask a refund. Evildragon is a wonderful person whose drive behind this project is amazing.
We had many problems but it was and is all worth it...
If you are into emulation do preorder. I use my pandora every day

chame said:
BAFelton said:

it will not substitute your blackberry or iphone on the go, and to play emus just buy a psp or a ds for 1/3 money

I highly doubt anyone is looking at the pandora as a substitute for a phone. That said, I have no interest in the pandora until I see a steady and reliable production cycle. Which fine for me since there's a lot of electronics I need to buy before I could get a pandora.
I wish them all the best with the new production run and hopefully they'll be reliable enough in the future that I'll get one myself.

Sounds legit, I shall preorder one right now
jim-parsons-sheldon-big-bang-theory-photo.jpg

aq21 said:
A warning to anyone new here:

You have to be really really stupid to give those people money now.

I paid them 250 Euro over three years ago for exactly the same product that they promise now, and still did not get anything.
They did promise there is a queue, and whoever ordered first gets their device first, but that was a lie.

Now they promise you that if you pay you will get your device before I will get mine, but why should you believe them?

When a device will be ready, and it won't be in January (OK, it might be in January, but it certainly won't be in 2012), maybe someone will be willing to pay 400 Euro for this, while you only have to pay 365 Euro, so the choice is obvious. So they will be nice and will tell you - pay 400 Euro, or keep waiting.

If you really want this device, wait until it is actually available, and then buy it. Paying now will give you no priority.

Get a hobby.
Or learn to read.

Schnatterplatsch said:
Get a hobby.
Or learn to read.
He/she doesn't need a hobo instead of you

Pandora is a hunk of shit outdated 3 years ago made by virgin nerds in a basement I had 2 sold both as it was put together like it was made by a 10 year old all crooked and bent

pandora=turd

turds need to be flushed

MontyQ said:
Pandora is a hunk of shit outdated 3 years ago made by virgin nerds in a basement I had 2 sold both as it was put together like it was made by a 10 year old all crooked and bent

pandora=turd

turds need to be flushed
NOOOOO
HOW YOU CAN SAY IT???!!! o_O

That would totaly ruin the ecosystem flushing that toxic turd in public sewage system!!!!

You need to put these turds all way back to craigx's mouth.

I have my Pandora for a few months now and i'm very happy with it...it's nice to play and to develop for it...

chame said:
BAFelton said:

no, is not
pandora concept is nice. real pandora is a piece of outdated hardware, with broken wifi, unusable controls (nubs, L R), known design problems (purple LCD of dead) and very low quality plastic

I already have a unit and I really love it.

PSP and DS suck for emulation ( I have both of them + gp32/GP2x/Wiz/Caanoo/Dingoo and others ).

As Dunny said, many problems have been fixed, and IMO if you want a zero-problem console, do not buy a "homemade" console like the Pandora. It comes from people like you and me (or maybe just me) so I think some mistakes can be apoligized.

And about playing retrogames on an Iphone, what a joke. Using fingers on the screen is worse than non-working nubs :D

PS : I trust in ED for reaching his objectives ;)

nearly all of quasist's games are available for the OpenPandora, so his troll argument is invalid. MontyQ was easily able to resell his two pandoras on ebay for no loss...possibly even a profit from what he paid, so theres obviously something to the pandora. and chame should really send his pandora to ED for an RMA, as nubs, shoulder buttons, and PToD are outdated problems.

DaMummy said:
nearly all of quasist's games are available for the OpenPandora, so his troll argument is invalid. MontyQ was easily able to resell his two pandoras on ebay for no loss...possibly even a profit from what he paid, so theres obviously something to the pandora. and chame should really send his pandora to ED for an RMA, as nubs, shoulder buttons, and PToD are outdated problems.

the problem with RL is they are too near Dpad and ABXY. for a 5 years old kid its ok, but that position forces your fingers in an unnatural position (LOL dont put these words out of this context)
I had the PToD after 1 year, and I bought new LCD cable and replaced it by myself. I hope not to have the same problem again.
Only wanted to use nub to play Q3, but even with proper functioning nubs, Q3 nub settings are broken, and there are major slowdowns with that game anyway (even with OC). compared with psp nubs, these are crap (movement and feeling)

I never said anything about emulation on the phone (people read something and understand what they want). I mean surfing on the go, what implies a company data plan. I was experimenting about make pandora something like "desktop" replacing on the go. but I found it is way too slow for a laptop/nettop replacement. and memory is definitely a major drawback. I set 500MB swap on a fast SD, but when it starts swapping just forget what you were doing and go for a coffee...

About emulation, pandora psx emu is getting better, but psp does it just out of the box (plus psp games of course). genesis&snes are nice on pandora, I tried only genesis on psp and it was decent. about the lower systems (sms, nes, gb), psp does the job. About the NDS, if you like retrogaming, gba games should be in your list, and nothing can beat a NDS or even the original GBA in that. there are thousands of GBA+NDS games. You can get psp+nds+flash cartridges for less than 200 eur

I just point out there are other alternatives

I paid 300eur for mine, and got it about 2 years ago, just waited 6 months in the queue. In that time a PSP2000 was about 160eur and I thought it was nice to have a pandora as a luxury item. but things are getting crazy, to pay 350 eur, or 400, or 500!! for this is just insane. you know it is a 3+ years old hardware, OMAP have right now CPUs much faster and with better capabilities (for example hdmi output)

I do not intend to be a troll, just show my experiences and thoughts from an average user perspective

DaMummy said:
nearly all of quasist's games are available for the OpenPandora, so his troll argument is invalid.
You are so immature and stupid(target audience of pissdora), ever heard of opensource?

Pandora is like a fat ugly girlfriend....good for a week or two then parts start falling off lol

Gruso said:
Dear Monty,

Your posts kinda suck.

Gruso

There's a lot of sucking going on around here at the moment.

Has quasist recently been heartbroken or something? Or has he always been like that?

Back