Pre-Ordereds And Dev Only Section?

would you like a place/section only for preorderers and active DEVS?

• yes it would be usefull

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • no it would be useless against trolling anyway

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • no it would be so hard to cross reference it would be useless

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • i dont care.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • no, i just plain dont like the idea

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • no, but maybe a rearrangement of the forums would be better

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

droneb

hello everyone, i was just wondering if there was a slight posibility to split the comunity boards between those who have preordered and/or are active
developers for the system.

i know this wont solve completely some issues and be even slightly more complex.
but if we could keep trolling a bit lower i would be happy.
its hard enough to keep up to date with boards not to say keep wasting time looking for meat on one filled up with offtopics and trolling.

they might be able to take a lil effort to drop codes towards customers or back reference them with product/paiment codes?

i just wanted to set some kind of effort to reduce the garbage around the juicy nfo.

at worst i would recommend opening new pandora only boards somewhere else? (someone is going to punch me for that XD)

really if you hate my polls just dont comment at all if you think this is useless then even more useless is to complain about the useless-nes about it.

I think there are too many people complaining that have ordered a Pandora already. Wouldn't you say there are too many people who posts about how they have paid and are still waiting for their Pandora?

Personally I would like to see the mods do more about off topic posters, I know other forums do and for most visitors that is very welcome.

I voted for "no it would be so hard to cross reference it would be useless" but only because there wasn't an option for "No, it's elitest, and information about an OPEN console should be open to everyone"

There must be another gp32x in a parallel universe where trolling is mainstream.

No separation. That's my opinion. Devs got the Dev's corner and insiders have the hidden forums, so I see no point in splitting the rest of the folks.

Btw, I'm no preorderer any more and am waiting for the second batch. I would be EXTREMELY PISSED OFF, if you would make me leave.

Edit:
Btw, I can't vote, because I DO CARE, but can't vote the other options.

well im not thinking that a closed section has to do anything about l33t, you dont feel l33t just because you secure your home do you?

and the big nfo of course would be available to everyone, but for some easy flow of information, some just shouldnt be left on open air.

and again theres a crash between open thinking, OPEN doesnt need or mean to be secureless. as not any passing bystanders should do anything he/she/it wants.

im sure AA works like an open comunity but it doesnt mean they dont close and put the lock on when they rest, if they didnt the next day there were nor even chairs left.

mali said:
There must be another gp32x in a parallel universe where trolling is mainstream.

No separation. That's my opinion. Devs got the Dev's corner and insiders have the hidden forums, so I see no point in splitting the rest of the folks.

Btw, I'm no preorderer any more and am waiting for the second batch. I would be EXTREMELY PISSED OFF, if you would make me leave.

Edit:
Btw, I can't vote, because I DO CARE, but can't vote the other options.

what option do you want to be added?

VRAndy said:
This is silly.

as i stated complaining about something silly is even more silly
complaining is more easy than to give out nice ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please can you add the option "This poll is off topic" ;)

Also, hidden forums? That is elitest. Why don't I know about any hidden forums? Now I'm offended.

Please can you add the option "This poll is off topic" ;)

Also, hidden forums? That is elitest. Why don't I know about any hidden forums? Now I'm offended.

Apologies for the double post.

i find it not OFF TOPIC since i belive it concerns PANDORA only.

Speccy Geek said:
Mods do keep very quiet about the fact, i think that's because as long as we dont know, we wont be offended :p,
but yes, there's a hidden area on these forums for mods. I dont know more about this, though.

i knew of them when i was trying to see a recent post pop up from Craig but it didnt allow me XD

Wait, so you want one of the devs or sales-team to work through forum applicants to figure out who is a current orderer and who is not? Sounds like a good week or two of work for some poor schmuck to me ;)

More to point, are trolling and complaint (legitimate and otherwise) from mostly non-buyers? I iagine many of the complaints are from pre-purchasers, so wouldn't help all that much.

You could try to open a 'no complaints' subforum, probably work just as well (ie: not at all ;)

Theres somethign in development circles that is where.. when things get tough, you fight the real fights; you don't start picking on minutia. When your company is losign millions a day, cutting out forks and coffee stations isn't going to save you; re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic is another drastic example.

I imagine this isn't _that_ bad a problem (it doesn't bother me) that it needs whole new forums etc. Perhaps more mods, or more stricter spankings...

jeff

edit: I want the bike shed orange!

DroneB Dev said:
VRAndy said:
This is silly.

as i stated complaining about something silly is even more silly
complaining is more easy than to give out nice ideas.

This is also silly.

It's a perfectly normal part of conversation to call out things that are nonsense. You don't get to opt-out of having your idea described as silly (or worse) by calling immunity with a preemptive "I know you are but what am I?"

urjaman said:
Mods do keep very quiet about the fact, i think that's because as long as we dont know, we wont be offended :p ,
but yes, there's a hidden area on these forums for mods. I dont know more about this, though.

I've not been to a forum where the mods don't have a private area. How on earth are they supposed to discuss moderating the board without one? :rolleyes:

Back