Beta Prboom, Zdoom, Doomlegacy

Pickle said:
sepp256 said:
Has anyone gotten the music to work? I tried all versions that pickle posted with my ultimate doom wad, and there is no music.

Also, the Zdoom build jumps right back to pickle launcher without loading. I'm on Hotfix 5.

Read a few posts back before yours.

Pickle: Thanks for the reply. I looked at the log for Zdoom, and I get the same error as was reported previously. I'm on hotfix 5 and I've installed the codec pack.

How about the other question. The sound effects work great, but there is no music playback. (The game music plays fine on PC using Zdoom and other engines.)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Can I run custom WADs designed for Doom 1 or 2 with Prboom and FreeDoom as my main game ?

I tried several maps and all failed so far...

Bye, and thanks for your help :)

Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

Can I run custom WADs designed for Doom 1 or 2 with Prboom and FreeDoom as my main game ?

I tried several maps and all failed so far...

Bye, and thanks for your help :)

Magic Sam

yes (if prboom supports it), but it requires setting up the profile.txt like do for the master folder

Hi,

Thanks Pickle for your reply :)

Do you think Memento Mori II would work ?

And could you explain a little more how to tweak /appdata/doom/profile_prboom.txt, I don't understand it very well :unsure:

EDIT: do I have to modify "argforce=./master/;1;doom2.wad" ?

Bye and thanks !

Magic Sam

Well for example is it possible to increase speed?

As for the launcher - it could most definitely use some work :)

Aside from that, you always do a great job of making and porting stuff, for that a big thanks to you!

Pickle said:
dsleaf67 said:
I did a quick search and it does seem to be gstreamer related but no in codec pack. Is there an option to run doom without music? Would that by pass the loading of this lib.

I think the real fix is that i need to rebuild this and re-pnd. I vaguely remember messing with libs and i think added this dependency, which is actually useless.

Has this ever been rebuilt?

I still can't get anything to run with zdoom. Maybe it doesn't matter since pickle says its slow.

Has anyone (besides pickle - maybe you GuchaRU) gotten any wads to work? Which ones? Any help as to how?

dsleaf67 said:
Pickle said:
dsleaf67 said:
I did a quick search and it does seem to be gstreamer related but no in codec pack. Is there an option to run doom without music? Would that by pass the loading of this lib.

I think the real fix is that i need to rebuild this and re-pnd. I vaguely remember messing with libs and i think added this dependency, which is actually useless.

Has this ever been rebuilt?

I still can't get anything to run with zdoom. Maybe it doesn't matter since pickle says its slow.

Has anyone (besides pickle - maybe you GuchaRU) gotten any wads to work? Which ones? Any help as to how?

I kind of forgot about this, will any of the other engines support what you want to run?

Right now chexquest3 is the one I'm trying and no others support. I forget the others right now but yes I was hoping to try many of the others for zdoom. I realize it may not be worth it (being slow and all). Just currently the zdoom port runs nothing and was curious what it would run.

FYI, I'm mainly looking for the executable as I've set up all my dooms to go through doomrunner and pulled the exe's out of pnds. thanks again for your ports they are awesome. So far your dooms with doomrunner are the ultimate of doom goodness.

Back