Power Supply Woes!

mick_aka

Still Fresh
Website
www.segasaturn.co.uk
Hi there folks, been a good old while since i posted here!

I've lost my original GP2X F-100 power supply and I'm having a hell of a time finding one with a UK 3 pin plug that's NOT a big chunky universal one.

Pretty much all of the old links to power supply vendors are either dead or yield a big 'Out of Stock' or 'Discontinued' icon.

So would anyone of you lovely folks be able to link me up with a source for a new UK supply for my poor lonely F-100?

Many thanks in advance, Mick.

mick_aka said:

I've lost my original GP2X F-100 power supply and I'm having a hell of a time finding one with a UK 3 pin plug that's NOT a big chunky universal one.

Pretty much all of the old links to power supply vendors are either dead or yield a big 'Out of Stock' or 'Discontinued' icon.

So would anyone of you lovely folks be able to link me up with a source for a new UK supply for my poor lonely F-100?

If Radio Shack has stores in the UK, I would take your gp2x over to the RS. They should have one or can order one. They have a a big thing of connectors that they can use to size the plug. Just make sure it can put out at least 1000milliamps.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
mick_aka said:

If Radio Shack has stores in the UK, I would take your gp2x over to the RS. They should have one or can order one. They have a a big thing of connectors that they can use to size the plug. Just make sure it can put out at least 1000milliamps.

DON'T let the guys in a store handle your GP2X without your supervision. The polarity on the plug is reversed from what it normally is on all devices and you will probably fry it unless they're paying attention. Universal power supplies kill a lot of GP2Xs this way. What's worse is GPH were retarded and didn't put the standard polarity label on the GP2X so there's no indication of this to them.

Senor Quack said:
christo930 said:
mick_aka said:

DON'T let the guys in a store handle your GP2X without your supervision. The polarity on the plug is reversed from what it normally is on all devices and you will probably fry it unless they're paying attention. Universal power supplies kill a lot of GP2Xs this way. What's worse is GPH were retarded and didn't put the standard polarity label on the GP2X so there's no indication of this to them.

Mine is locked up at the moment, but doesn't have a little diagram either on the sticker on next to the plug showing the polarity?

Chris
I double checked and it's not on there.

christo930 said:
Mine is locked up at the moment, but doesn't have a little diagram either on the sticker on next to the plug showing the polarity?

Chris

Unless it's on the rubber cover that I lost a long time ago, no, my F100 doesn't have it.

mick_aka said:
I have two big chunky UK universal plugs bought from Argos.
huh.gif

Thanks for the advice guys, no Radio Shacks near me and the idiots at Maplins were anything but helpful, I shall carry on watching eBay with baited breath...

I found Maplins to be total tards when trying to get even a universal adapter for my GP2X. Eventually got one in Argos, but I saw a similar unit in Tesco too.

Back