French Mains Power Supply

Steve-O

Whats the French mains power supply??? is it 240Volts like UK and do they use the same 3 Pin Plugs or will I have to buy a converter??? Thanks...

the eruopeans consider the english one too dangerous i think. can't remember how many volts a european one is but yes you will need a converter.

divadsci posted on Feb 5 2004 at 04:57 PM said:
the eruopeans consider the english one too dangerous i think. can't remember how many volts a european one is but yes you will need a converter.
I thought that it was the other way around?? Every english person here (in germany) brags about how "safe" their plugs are, because they also have a 3rd grounding pin, until I tell them that there is a 3rd pin in america, too :rolleyes:

Anyways, here in germany there are two pins/240v, sooooo prolly france has two/240v, too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea just found out France is 2 Pins and 230 - 240 Volts... I would have though UK Plugs would be the Worlds most safest..... strange :D... any way Why the Hell do different countries have different plugs??? Wouldnt it be easier if they were all the same as the UK Plugs :D hehe :D

Steve-O posted on Feb 6 2004 at 01:54 PM said:
any way Why the Hell do different countries have different plugs??? Wouldnt it be easier if they were all the same as the UK Plugs :D hehe :D
you sound more like an american :p

jegHegy posted on Feb 6 2004 at 02:21 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Feb 6 2004 at 01:54 PM said:
any way Why the Hell do different countries have different plugs??? Wouldnt it be easier if they were all the same as the UK Plugs :D hehe :D
you sound more like an american :p
Nope Im from England :D hehe...... :p

Anox - Dont understand what you are saying... I understood the part where you said you would give me £200 :D hehe joking :p

Back