Power/design Gpx2 V.s. Xgp

With the ocean of handhelds on the market today it is no wonder that it’s getting harder and harder for small or not so well known companies to get their foot in the door. With the turn of time another chapter in the history of handheld videogames has been written. As the Neogeo Pocket color, Wonderswan Crystal, N-Gage, GP32, and Tapwave move into the closet a new wave of systems prepare to shell the market, which will make the biggest dent? Earlier in the year we saw the release of a new Nintendo handheld the DS and wait in anticipation of the new Micro. Also with Sony pushing it’s way into the handheld world with their new PSP. Little known Tiger Telematics Inc. with the failure of the Gamecom restructure their game department and prepare for their US release of the Gizmondo. Which is currently the most powerful handheld on the market, things begin to heat up. The Palm OS based Tapwave2 sees only minimal interest and heads the way of the first. Now with a surprising twist, which 3-fold increased the amount of eyes watching the activities of Gamepark. The company splits into two separate entities both preparing to release their new machines. What will be the outcome? Will a new jugernaught arise in the handheld market? Will the prototypes go the way of famed Panasonic M2? Can the companies sustain themselves long enough to see the potential of their new systems become reality? What are your thoughts? What does the Gamepark community hope for????

Yes, thank you but no paragraphing?

Hurts me eyes, ya know.

Enter key is your friend

And as for clear victor:

GPX2 internationally,

and XGP in Korea, so it seems atm after looking around gpzigi forum a bit.

If your going to sound smart and write a big ass paragraph then DO SOME FRICKING RESEARCH.

THE GAME.COM WAS BY TIGER!!!!!!! NOT TIGER TELEMATICS, They are 2 seperate companies.

The Micro is a GBA not a new system and will not have any impact whatsoever, its just a gimmick for Nintendo to squeeze as much out of the dieing GBA as they can.

Both Gamepark systems are not going to impact anything, they will never be more popular than PSP or DS or even the GIZ, their situation will not change from the current GP32, it will be released in Korea and tons of people will import it, the best chance of any Gamepark system being released out of korea would be a Europen launch of the GPx2. But even then it's not going to hurt anything, especially since the GPx2 is shaping up to be pretty much a non commercial entity.

I wonder why he talks about the Zodiac as there was two totally different consoles?

The Palm OS based Tapwave2 sees only minimal interest and heads the way of the first.

Ermmm, it's not a Tapwave2, it's a Zodiac2, and both the Zodiac1 and Zodiac2 were released at the same time, with the same specifications, apart from a different amount of storage space.

/me agrees with Angel, poster needs to do more research and find the 'enter' key :)

C B Felterbush posted on Aug 19 2005 at 05:49 PM said:
What does the Gamepark community hope for????
free beer and a G+T for fluffy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Angel to disappoint but it seems you are the one who needs to do some research in this matter. Here are three direct links that will show a connection between the two. One referring to the Gizmondo as a possible Game.com 2.0 and the other relating it through Game.com’s pitiful technical performance, in aspect to the Gizmondo’s capabilities. The third…well just read the first headline.

http://portable.joystiq.com/entry/1234000300036898/

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000340024585/

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2005/5/24/384

I feel it necessary to further this by teaching you a little history lesson. In 1999 the last year the Game.com was produced, sold as the Game.com Pro the company went through a large downsize. The companies owner Roger Shiffman was approached by Hasbro toys to barter a sale of the company. Some higher-ups in the company were not interested in working with Hasbro as the as the company leader so they branched off in 2000. They then founded Tiger Telematics headed by Carl Freer who was coincidentally in charge of the Game.com project. He went to appoint himself as the managing director of Gizmondo Europe, Ltd. Hasbro carries the Tiger Electronics name but the relation to the company history remains.

So if you can say that the GP32 is in no way related to either the GPx2 or the XGP, and if you say that Gamepark and Gamepark Holdings share no history with no affiliation in the past whatsoever. Then I will concede. But till then YOU Stupid FUCK don’t pretend to be an expert when you are no such thing.

Do you have a GBA Micro? Has it been released on the open market before? If not it is a new system that WILL sale!!

Research HAHA who are you.

"Do you have a GBA Micro? Has it been released on the open market before? If not it is a new system that WILL sale!! "

Umm with that mind set i guess you would have to say the GBSP is different from the regular GBA as a new system. Or the GP32 BLU vs FLU vs first edition or how about the Ngage and Ngage QD or the new silver edition comeing out t his fall in the asian market....humm those dont' look like new systems to me just remodeled packaging.

Oh and Tiger is not the same company its not a spin off of Tiger even if there are similar ppl working there big deal they make GPS not video games till now. So i guess Apple computers is really Atari huh do some history in video games and you will see many of Atari programs jumped shipped to help start up Apple. or wait maybe just maybe VM Labs was really Atari hell all of there founders were ex Atari ppl including the guy who desinged the ill fated Jaguar.

Despite the system memory the zodiac 1&2 are the same but it is because of that

that they are different systems. It was the zodiac 2 that had the most success so I

chose it to be the one to be dying as the Zodiac 1 is already dead. The Gameboy

Light and Gameboy Pocket are the same but one hardware difference, a backlight.

The Game.com Light and the Game.com Pro were the same except for color

differences. The point is if the company sales and markets it as a different or new

product it should be looked at as such. A GBA is not a GBA SP and the Micro

though the same thing, will be totally different in its target audience and marketed

as a new and different system.

C B Felterbush posted on Aug 19 2005 at 11:00 PM said:
...A GBA is not a GBA SP and the Micro though the same thing, will be totally different in its target audience and marketed as a new and different system.

Technically, GBA=GBASP=MICRO, so they are NO different system, not even speaking of the target audience... the games are still the same... it`s ONLY a different appearance/design!

Just one question regarding your typing style and ignoring of facts:
What are you? Stupid?

Quiest posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:21 PM said:
...A GBA is not a GBA SP and the Micro though the same thing, will be totally different in its target audience and marketed as a new and different system.

Technically, GBA=GBASP=MICRO, so they are NO different system, not even speaking of the target audience... the games are still the same... it`s ONLY a different appearance/design!

What are you? Stupid?

SP = better screen, backlit, smaller design

Micro = even smaller and backlit

GBA= obsolete

SP will be the mainstream GBA and Micro will be for users looking for something fancier or something smaller than SP.

You guys are both right in a sense that it won't be a totally new system but it will be for slightely different target audience.

But honestly, I think it's time for us to move on. GBA's life is over and we need something better and more powerful.

They can't seriously expect us to play games on those limited hardware forever.

Yeah. Let's try not being too harsh here.

Nothing wrong with expressing opinions. Just different.

...Though I fail to see how discussing about GBA relates to GP. Totally different market.

The way I see it is that GPH has found a nice lil pocket between the flood of handheld consoles and placed itself within. They're a small company mainstream market don't give a damn about, and they've firmly placed themself amongst a number of royal followers and developers.

No matter what Nintendo and Sony do, there will be people playing GPX2. It's aleady unique as it is, and they're not for direct competition with major companies.

I for one will be buying GPX2. I'd rather buy PSP instead of XGP anyday anyway.

Exactly right polooo2.

GPX2 already has a niche market - amongst the GP32 (& some Zodiac) users. People who want an open source homebrew system.

XGP is positioned very badly - it has no clear market. It's not going to compete well against Sony & Nintendo, nor IMO is it going to be adopted by the GP32 market - I see the GPX2 filling that void.

My thoughts exactly. I think the GBA had it's time but it's time is over. I like the design of the XGP better but will never own one. I will have a GPx2 as soon as possible. I think the XGP is dead in the water if it enters into the commercial market. Where as the GPx2 has nothing to do with the commercial market. It’s just as likely to be related to an
iRiver media player as it is to be related to the mainstream handhelds.

In fact with the “*ahem HUGE library of games we can expect to be published for the XGP, aside from those hundreds of titles *ahem” the homebrew scene is going to make the sink or swim difference.

Oh and Quiest it is not my stupidity but rather your pomposity and lack of intelligence getting the best of you. And anything I have mentioned as FACTS are. Where do you get “facts” the Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/

polooo2 posted on Aug 19 2005 at 02:30 PM said:
Quiest posted on Aug 19 2005 at 09:21 PM said:

What are you? Stupid?

SP = better screen, backlit, smaller design

Micro = even smaller and backlit

GBA= obsolete

SP will be the mainstream GBA and Micro will be for users looking for something fancier or something smaller than SP.

You guys are both right in a sense that it won't be a totally new system but it will be for slightely different target audience.

But honestly, I think it's time for us to move on. GBA's life is over and we need something better and more powerful.

They can't seriously expect us to play games on those limited hardware forever.

i wrote this concerning the micro @ the nintendo forums

nintendo this is a new low, even for you. why are you launching a, get this, third gba? aren't two enough? do you serously think that in a world of psp's and ds's that the world needs another reason to throw away 100 bucks for this thing? c'mon! get real! nobody needs this. and the only people who want it are the fanbots or otherwise incompitent consumers. shame shame shame nintendo. i know that statistically your target market don't make the brightest market buyers, but this stunt is pretty extreme even for them. how sad. well have fun doing what you do best: rehashing the old into something that has the fake appearance of new so you can snag that extra buck and further prepetuate your stagnating image.

Neither the Zodiac1 or 2 is dead - they are no longer being manufactured, and shops are slowly starting to sell off there existing units, but they are certainly not "dead". They are still very much alive, and new homebrew and commercial software is available for the system.

Also, If, as you say, the GPX2 has nothing to do with the commercial market, then please tell us why GPH decided to add digital rights management into the OS?

Very well written CB, accept for the spacing :) I guess the GP32 scene has gone down the path of forum dick-headedness. Let me paraphrase "omg that guy called it Tiger Telemantic's and not Tiger, OMFG lets jump him! And he used improper line spacing? BLASHPHOMY!! I have nothing better to do but flame people on a handheld console forum. I am uber-l33t now. I have digital testosterone spikes becuase i'm 12 and puberty just smacked me in the face. l33tl33tl33tl33t."

Of course the GBA micro is a new product, marketed as such by nintendo. It may play GBA games, but it required r&d, right? Don't let some of these forum crawling kiddies make you think they know something. They're just cool becuase their moms bought them the korean console they asked for. Not to mention that they get hard when they use google to prove people wrong.

wtf is wrong with you people?

I can't wait to get flamed for this post. But its funny how much I just won't care.

later

Actually N-Gage is not yet obsolete as a new design remake N-Gage QD Silver Edition and new great games such as One or Civilizations are about to come during the following months. And I will follow the development of the Gamepark consoles for a few months and then decide which one to get.

Back