Possibility Of Accelerometer

ashaw

Still Fresh
is it to late to add a $5 ADXL330 to the Pandora, this would be cool.
it would need the chip, 4 small capacitors and 3 dac inputs perhaps a CS5451A-ISZ dac for readout.

Maybe, Hopefully??

Yes, it is too late.
Everything has been finalized and there isn't any room inside the case for such things.
However, there are solder pads on the board if you can make room. You would need to get drivers it though.
There is talk about having wiimote drivers, and I assume that could be used as an accelerometer.

ashaw said:
would it be possible to write to an i2c line
I am pretty sure that there will be one available, or maybe a serial line (CMOS level?), you can check MWeston's posts and see what he says about I/O on solder pads internally (I know R2/L2 will be on solder pads for sure, just don't remember what all is going to be included, and it may have changed). There is USB, if you could interface it with an ATtiny45 using the OBDEV USB firmware it might all fit in a quite small dongle.

No-one is putting down the idea, it sounds awesome actually, but it probably won't be included in all units.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's a couple of spare gpio lines exposed, or even a serial port, you should be able to get i2c running. Even if it means having to do the i2c stuff in software rather than hardware.

Back