Release [Port] Residual

Hi all :)

New PND with tremor support here.

It didn't make Grim Fandango run any faster though...

@ ptitSeb: do you think a more recent version of libGL and libGLU would help with speed issues and depth check glitches ?

EDIT: and thanks PokeParadox for testing :)

Cheers, Magic Sam
libGLU I didn't update lately and it's probably used only for loading of texture and maybe some GL setup...

LibGL you can try. Take the latest one in mania-drive if you want to try. But I don't think it will fix depth issue. That, I will probably need to investigate...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all !

New PND is there, with the latest libGL.so from ptitSeb :)

I quickly tested it (on my Rebirth Pandora, SZ 1.72, GPU driver 4.03.00.02 and OC @ 825MHz) and I couldn't notice any improvements though...

@ PokeParadox: no GFX problems here with Monkey 4, at least with the demo I have...weird :(

@ stouffa: could you please tell me which GPU driver you are using (with Pandora Model Check for example) ?

P.S: I'm monitoring performance with Notaz' Live System Info, and you ?

EDIT: just tried with GPU driver 4.10, and I couldn't see any differences: still low FPS and depth check glitches in GF, and no glitches at all plus rather good performance in Monkey 4...

Cheers, Magic Sam

I managed to do a quick test and observe the same. Also I figured out what's happening with monkey4. It doesn't like the full screen option with hw acceleration.

Also using live sys info.

Sorry written with my phone.

I will try out more monkey 4 tomorrow!

EDIT:

Played around some more and  Monkey4 runs at about 85% CPU use on my overclocked 1GHz (1288MHz)

Likewise I see no graphical glitches and performance is reasonable, the view is not centred, however.

But it's great to be able to play these games on the go! Also the software renderer for GF is pretty decent. Shame the GL rendering has those depth issues in GF but doesn't in Monkey4

Back