Port Requests

Hope this is not to anoying but did anybody continue the working on NAVIT? Now with a pandora I'm very willing to do beta testing :)

2 requests!

sshfs - Secure SHell File System... that is, mount a location of an SSH-server as a directory on the Pandora, which would make copying files easier(no need to take out the SD-card)... with it I'd have my 2 terrabyte-NAS to my disposal on my pandora! :D Every time I have to copy something, I must boot up my laptop(since my stationary computer doesn't have a SD-card reader).

Source:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse/files/sshfs-fuse/

guvcview - Best webcam recording software in the history of mankind.

Source:

http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=8179

^ I do sshfs mounting the other way around: mount pandora on my desktop with sshfs :) . On KDE easy as pie because of KIO slaves (just type sftp://my-pandora-ip-alias-in-hosts/ to dolphin). Just enable dropbear ssh server on pandora (in startup settings) and you're good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I do sshfs mounting the other way around: mount pandora on my desktop with sshfs :) . On KDE easy as pie because of KIO slaves (just type sftp://my-pandora-ip-alias-in-hosts/ to dolphin). Just enable dropbear ssh server on pandora (in startup settings) and you're good to go.

Ahh, thanks for the Tip! I'll check out dropbear SSH Server when I come home from work. I'm a gnome fan boy myself, but do all my SSH mounts with terminal commands.

But do the dropbear server autostart each time one boots the Pandora? (Like open ssh server)... or do I have to start it manually each time(preferable).

Yes, it's included in the firmware and it autostarts if you enable it in startup settings.

EDIT: Of course you can start it manually too.

Ahh, thanks for the Tip! I'll check out dropbear SSH Server when I come home from work. I'm a gnome fan boy myself, but do all my SSH mounts with terminal commands.

But do the dropbear server autostart each time one boots the Pandora? (Like open ssh server)... or do I have to start it manually each time(preferable).

Normally you don't need to enable dropbear to mount distant locations on your Pandora :D

That's what I did when i received mine and noticed I didn't have any SD card reader...

Normally you don't need to enable dropbear to mount distant locations on your Pandora :D

That's what I did when i received mine and noticed I didn't have any SD card reader...

I figured dropbear worked the other way around(mount the Pandora from other locations).

So, how do I go about mounting remote locations on my Pandora then?

^ Exactly. With dropbear (it's an SSH server) you can mount the pandora's filesystem to another computer. I don't know what Clop means.

Hum, late response :unsure:

I have a Linux desktop configured with static IP, I hope your NAS can provide the same interface...

As far as I remember, I just did (in a shell):

Code:
sshfs <my-remote-user>@<IP-desktop>:/path/to/wanted/dir /media

(Yeah, i do all my temporary mounts directly on /media...)

I hope I did understand correctly what you meant :D

PS: you may want to add some mount options at end of the line (rw, etc...), I didn't bother, just used it to copy PNDs to sdCard.

Hum, late response :unsure:

I have a Linux desktop configured with static IP, I hope your NAS can provide the same interface...

As far as I remember, I just did (in a shell):

Code:
sshfs <my-remote-user>@<IP-desktop>:/path/to/wanted/dir /media

(Yeah, i do all my temporary mounts directly on /media...)

I hope I did understand correctly what you meant :D

PS: you may want to add some mount options at end of the line (rw, etc...), I didn't bother, just used it to copy PNDs to sdCard.

Hehe, yeah, I know how to sshfs from the terminal(I do it daily), I was asking if someone could port sshfs to the Pandora, but thank you for your willingness to help :) And yeah, my NAS is a computer running a linux server which gets a static IP from the router... I have most of my computers hooked up to it through sshfs.

With dropbear I can hopefully do it the other way around(mount the Pandora from remote location), which works just as well. But it seems resource inefficient to launch a ssh server on the Pandora(a device that runs on batteries).

Hehe, yeah, I know how to sshfs from the terminal(I do it daily), I was asking if someone could port sshfs to the Pandora, but thank you for your willingness to help :)

I guess my english is not as good as I like it to be :/ sshfs don't need to be ported, it's already in the stock firmware (at least it was available for me on first boot :D ), so I guess i didnn't understand you!

I guess my english is not as good as I like it to be :/ sshfs don't need to be ported, it's already in the stock firmware (at least it was available for me on first boot :D ), so I guess i didnn't understand you!

Dang, I was so sure I had tried SSHFS on the Pandora and that it didn't work... perhaps I got confused over time since ssh-copy-id didn't work and later remembered it incorrectly. Anyway, thank you for your persistence! I have now succesfully mounted my NAS on my Pandora :)

Gotta try dropbear though... might be easier to edit things from my ordinary computer with the 46" monitor(widescreen tv) and a normal sized keyboard. But now I can at least access my NAS from wherever I might be as long as I have a Wifi connection, which is sweet! :)

I don't have my Pandora yet and while I was thinking of all the cool things I'd like to do on it... one game came to mind that would really be awesome to have portable. Tribes. After a couple of google searches I ran into two options for linux. Now, I warn you, I don't know much about this stuff so I have no idea if these are compatible or not. But it would be wicked cool to have Tribes on the go :)

http://www.lokigames.com/products/tribes2/

This one is a full on port of Tribes 2. It's OpenGL, with 300mHz required but 500mHz recommended. It doesn't say what dependencies it has, however, so it may or may not work depending on that I guess.

http://legendsthegame.net/index.php?m=fileswap&view=92

This is a rather interesting clone of Tribes/Tribes 2. It doesn't list the system requirements, so depending on optimization it may have trouble actually running on the system I would imagine. It is also OpenGL, and has the following dependencies:

GNU C library 2.3 (required)

libogg (Default branch) (required)

libvorbis (Default branch) (required)

OpenAl (Default branch) (required)

OSS (Default branch) (required)

Simple DirectMedia Layer (Default branch) (required)

X11 (Default branch) (required)

If anyone could perhaps take a look at both of these and see if it is at least possible to port, since I am by no means an expert at this?

Back