Port Requests

How about QtQR/QR Tools? https://launchpad.net/qr-tools Would be useful for people who have a small webcam.

Also, Cheese: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Cheese
qr-tools seem to have zbar as dependency, you might want to take it from zbarcam PND (which btw reads QR codes)

Cheese is said to have a lot of gnome dependencies. Would you settle for guvcview?
I wrote an app myself to take pictures, and as for QtQR, zbarcam fulfills my needs just fine. :)

But I would still like someone to release the latest version of jumanji.

So, maybe it's time to make some teasing, or at least show a bit some of the projects I work on.

I show here only project that actually show something.

So here, in a random order, some project in defferent state.

Projects working (need some testing / ironning out controls things like that:

=======

preview1.pngpreview1.pngpreview1.pngmotogt_2.pngiichantra_1.png

Projects that Segfault or exhibit severe graphics issues

=======

speeddreams4.pngflightgear_3.pngdiaspora1.pngfoobillardplus1.pngvegastrike2.pngvoltair2.pngopenhexagon_1.png

Plus megaglest that can probably be made to work if I can go around the Depth reading using the GL_SELECT path, and Hostile Takeover that still don't link properly, and Blob'n conquer and a few other project...

Something new i think (at least i didn't know about)  Falltergeist

The page is mostly in russian language...but the only english words are interesting Falltergeist - opensource Fallout game engine written in C++ and SDL

Download source @ github

Something new i think (at least i didn't know about)  Falltergeist

The page is mostly in russian language...but the only english words are interesting Falltergeist - opensource Fallout game engine written in C++ and SDL

Download source @ github
Should not be a difficult compile (the dependencies are light), but not sure how advanced is the engine. It's "only" 0.1.2, no idea if the game is playable or not, and I don't read russian.

There are some youtubevideos that show characzercreation and not much else. Seems like a work in progress.

The 3D Car Racer, and the 3D Fly Simulator you tease, looks realy nice,

dosnt expeckt they to run on my CC Pandora, but theye would be great as Start Titles for the Pyra..

The 3D Car Racer, and the 3D Fly Simulator you tease, looks realy nice,

dosnt expeckt they to run on my CC Pandora, but theye would be great as Start Titles for the Pyra..
The 3D Car Racer is Speed Dream. I had it running at last this WE. But it seems too slow for now, even on a Gigahertz. I have to analyse a bit.

The 3D Fly Sim is SimGear 3.0. I haven't worked on it yet. Note sure about the speed, but it swap a lot, so I don't expect it to be playable on CC du to memory  constraint at least.

This flightgear screenshot on pandora looks nice :) I wonder how flying with the nubs feels (hoping it moves in the "projects working" category)
Yep, me too. I haven't worked on this one much lately... But I will, and put some more tasty pictures if I can (here, you can notice the sky is not rendered properly).

So I played a bit with Speed-Dream tonight.

It is quite slow for now. I played a bit with the graphics settings, lowering everything I can, and it seems most time is lost in the textures. I reduce ingame texture from 512 (only settings that doesn't produce white/missing texture) to 64 and even 32, and I have smoother gameplay (at the expence of the graphics of course).

I will probably try to recompile speeddreams with the experimental OSG driver instead of SSG, just to see if it changes something (OSG if OpenSceneGraph, and it's the graphic engine used in FlighGear for example).

speeddreams6.png

speeddreams7.png

speeddreams8.png

I would really like to see Streamtuner2 available on the P:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/streamtuner2/

It uses GTK and Python and some other Python/GTK-related stuff. It remains the best stream browser out there and unlike many is not tightly coupled with a player. I would kick in on a bounty for this and Streamripper. An interested dev can assess the project and let me know what would be a fair bounty.

I have tried all of the available repo alternatives. Not even close. If a dev gets excited about this, I will also pay a bounty for porting to OS X and Android.
I have solved all dependancies (I think so at least), but I still have a segfault. I think there are some hardcoded path left (I fixed a few already).
ptitSeb, not wanting to be a pest, just wondering if there is any progress.
Not much progress. I have fixed (I hope) all hardcoded path but it still crash. Maybe it's a screen constraint, I have to try with X-Forwarding on my screen.
Please give up on this if you haven't already. The latest working version just sucks. Most of the interfaces are broken. A real shame.
I recently tried this again and it is working pretty well. I think folks would really like it as it is probably the king (or queen) of stream browsers.

Hi,

How about doing some useful computation stuff on the Pandora ?

classic.jpg

Boinc:

git clone http://boinc.berkeley.edu/git/boinc-v2.git

SETI@home:

svn checkout https://setisvn.ssl.berkeley.edu/svn/seti_boinc

EDIT: nearly managed to get SETI@home to compile yesterday with PtitSeb's Code::Blocks, will try again later...

export ax_cv_c_float_words_bigendian=no # to fix some weird endianness issue

./configure --prefix=/media/Dev/seti-instdir --disable-graphics --enable-fast-math --with-fpu=neon --with-float-abi=softfp --with-ssl=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/
Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back