Port Requests

Hi :)

Just gave Supertux Milestone 2 (v.0.3.4) a go: it compiles easily on the Pandora with ptitSeb's Code::Blocks (don't forget to add "-liconv" to the linker flags), but all I got was a black screen... :( I also tried with Lunixbochs' glshim, but then it segfaulted... Will try again later, without OpenGL support this time.

Cheers, Sam
May be try to put a new libGL.so from minecraft or hammerwatch and try again. The one in codeblocks is very very old.
Maybe you can make a simply Updatescript or UpdatePND for updating the installed Codeblocks?

Then you dont need to reupload the 1GB CodeblocksPND.

Simply a little Update PND for the OpenGL stuff ;)
The changes between versions are to big...
Next release (on the work) will weight approx 2Go (around 1.9Go for now). Because of the updates libs / bins / compilers....
Wow this Sound like a Ultimative Pandora Porting Tool then for nearly all Things.
I will be curious about that ;)

Thx for the hard work for us again(i thank often,i know) ;)

Just gave Supertux Milestone 2 (v.0.3.4) a go: it compiles easily on the Pandora with ptitSeb's Code::Blocks (don't forget to add "-liconv" to the linker flags), but all I got was a black screen... :( I also tried with Lunixbochs' glshim, but then it segfaulted... Will try again later, without OpenGL support this time.

Cheers, Sam
May be try to put a new libGL.so from minecraft or hammerwatch and try again. The one in codeblocks is very very old.
Maybe you can make a simply Updatescript or UpdatePND for updating the installed Codeblocks?

Then you dont need to reupload the 1GB CodeblocksPND.

Simply a little Update PND for the OpenGL stuff ;)
The changes between versions are to big...
Next release (on the work) will weight approx 2Go (around 1.9Go for now). Because of the updates libs / bins / compilers....
Wow this Sound like a Ultimative Pandora Porting Tool then for nearly all Things.
I will be curious about that ;)

Thx for the hard work for us again(i thank often,i know) ;)
There are never enough thanks for people doing volunteer work!

@ ptitSeb: the glshim version I used is the one from lunixbochs' git repository, compiled this morning.

EDIT: do I also need to compile GLU from the same repository ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

@ ptitSeb: the glshim version I used is the one from lunixbochs' git repository, compiled this morning.

EDIT: do I also need to compile GLU from the same repository ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Yu can try with my fork also, as there are quite different (some things works best with lunixbochs, some with mine, you have to try).

For GLU, again, it's up to you. The one in lunixbochs repo is GLU for GLES. I have switched to standard GLU now.

Well, it's been a while since I hassled the porting genii about it, so I'm going to mention Darwinia. I don't have a link to the source, but I know it was released.

Come on. You know you want to. :p

How about this classic:  http://www.msarnoff.org/sdb/

Shotgun Debugger.  It's a top view third person shooter with pretty graphics.  I tried compiling it myself with a real old libGL, and it ran but with tons of graphic glitches.  I also tried it with Mesa and it was graphically perfect but way too slow (unsurprisingly).  I never tried it with a recent libGL, but I figured the GL experts would be better suited to preparing a port than myself anyway as they'd be able to solve any problems that might still manifest in the latest libGL.

Also, I'd like to bring attention to kiki the nanobot:  http://kiki.sourceforge.net

It's on the Pandora wiki port requests page, but I figured since I was posting here anyway I'd bring it up here as well.  It looks so dead simple I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.  It doesn't even look like it has any textures. 

Just a note, you will have more segfaults with the real GLU. The GLUES one is a bit more stable with glshim.

As far as the difference between my and ptitseb's glshim branches: his segfaults on some of my tests, but we each implement some features the other doesn't. I'm slowly merging his changes.

Hiya,

Could this be ported to the Pandora?

https://github.com/sasq64/chipmachine/releases/tag/v1.0-beta2

Would be awesome! :)
Yes it can...

But I still have a few issue with "uade" and other things (and I have a few other pnd to finish also first).

chipmachine_2.png

Is it possible to port Sage? It's an open-source math software built on python.
Haven't tried it, but looks like they already have an arm version ported..

The Pandora would most likely use the regular ARMV7 version (not the hard-float version): http://mirror.clibre.uqam.ca/sage/linux/arm/index.html
I saw it too, but it's on older version 5.13 vs 6.3. Significant changes happend to this software in 6.0.

I might try to do it myself, but I have not much experience with compiling to arm.

Back