Port Requests

Here is a new version of Hammerwatch. I think newest version maybe launchable now, but I don't think it's playable yet (pb with keyboard input). If someone with a 1.22 version want to try and report.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played it. It's working (need the original game files, of course), but I haven't been any further than the first two levels, so I don't know if the whole game runs fine.

COLDITZ - an amazing amiga/pc game which is now re-written - i appreciate that this game can be played via either the PPSSPP emulator or the amiga emulator, however the game has been reverse engineered from the original Amiga game engine and is released under a GPL v3 license with the website and source code etc found below - would anyone find it in their hearts to make a Pandora port of what is a brilliant strategy game that really hasn't been given due credit

The code etc can be found here -   https://sites.google.com/site/colditzescape/

It would be brilliant to see this as a Pandora game :) (here's hoping)

So I started looking at Slade3. It use wxWidget (no prob) with wxWebView. So it need WebKit 1.3.1+. I compiled a version (1.3.9,, quite touchy and long), but it crash at start. So I have to check everything, and recompile many things...

COLDITZ - an amazing amiga/pc game which is now re-written - i appreciate that this game can be played via either the PPSSPP emulator or the amiga emulator, however the game has been reverse engineered from the original Amiga game engine and is released under a GPL v3 license with the website and source code etc found below - would anyone find it in their hearts to make a Pandora port of what is a brilliant strategy game that really hasn't been given due credit

The code etc can be found here -   https://sites.google.com/site/colditzescape/

It would be brilliant to see this as a Pandora game :) (here's hoping)
I'll try to take a look... But it seems it only compile for Windows or PSP, for now. No Linux port. So, it will not be a straightforward port...

Thanks PtitSeb :) you ust have an everlasting supply of pro plus or red bull or both - my hat is off to you :)

So I started looking at Slade3. It use wxWidget (no prob) with wxWebView. So it need WebKit 1.3.1+. I compiled a version (1.3.9,, quite touchy and long), but it crash at start. So I have to check everything, and recompile many things...
Thanks for looking into it :)

I hope that someday you manage to run it, our beloved Pandora would become a Doomed machine (*cough* brutal doom *cough*) :p

Pyra will be the ultimate Doomed Machine :3

Hi,anyone tried to port the light and fast Webbrowsers

Dillo and GPE MiniBrowser2?

In my Youtubeaccount ia a Video with GPE MiniBrowser2 from the Past .

It was loaded from the Angstrom Repo and was feelable faster than Opera Mini.

(search in my Youtube Account,i am underway and cannot post a Link

)

When we get the Flashplugin working with that Browsers do we have shurly a Browser for other Videosites than Youtube too.

Like Myspass,Myvideo,Clipfish,Sevenload and and and.

They are so small that the Flashplugin shurly have more power on the Pandora.

Hmm is there a possibility to get PyOBD working on the Pandora? That would make the pandora even more helpfull to me :D

Hi,anyone tried to port the light and fast Webbrowsers

Dillo and GPE MiniBrowser2?

In my Youtubeaccount ia a Video with GPE MiniBrowser2 from the Past .

It was loaded from the Angstrom Repo and was feelable faster than Opera Mini.

(search in my Youtube Account,i am underway and cannot post a Link

)

When we get the Flashplugin working with that Browsers do we have shurly a Browser for other Videosites than Youtube too.

Like Myspass,Myvideo,Clipfish,Sevenload and and and.

They are so small that the Flashplugin shurly have more power on the Pandora.
Dillo is on the repo (ported by dredd, IIRC). Actually I'm using it right now to post this comment. It is actually the fastest way to read this board, much faster than firefox. Using the mobile theme pretty much everything works, though you have to disable the style temporarily to access the edit/quote links (would need some configurable style override to be perfect). And unfortunately the board software becomes slightly more crappy with every version (recently line breaks stopped to be transmitted correctly and some double encoding issues crept in).

Hi,

In order for ptitSeb's recent port of Minecraft not to feel lonely on the repo, wouldn't it be great to also port a newer version of Minetest, and / or Minetest Classic to the Pandora ? ;)

EDIT:  What's the status of Irrlicht on Pandora at the moment ?

EDIT 2: Could lunixbochs' glshim be used to speed the thing up ?

EDIT 3: I also found this here:

ENABLE_GLES - Search for Open GLES headers & libraries and use them
Code:
ENABLE_LEVELDB      - Build with LevelDB; Enables use of LevelDB, which is much faster than SQLite, as map backend
EDIT 4: and this here:

# Enable a bit lower water surface; disable for speed (not quite optimized)
#new_style_water = false
Code:
# Enable nice leaves; disable for speed
#new_style_leaves = true
Code:
# Enable smooth lighting with simple ambient occlusion;
# disable for speed or for different looks.
#smooth_lighting = true
Code:
# The amount of rendered stuff is dynamically set according to this
#wanted_fps = 30
# If FPS would go higher than this, limit it by sleeping
# (to not waste CPU power for no benefit)
#fps_max = 60
Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi,

In order for ptitSeb's recent port of Minecraft not to feel lonely on the repo, wouldn't it be great to also port a newer version of Minetest, and / or Minetest Classic to the Pandora ? ;)

EDIT:  What's the status of Irrlicht on Pandora at the moment ?

EDIT 2: Could lunixbochs' glshim be used to speed the thing up ?

EDIT 3: I also found this here:

ENABLE_GLES - Search for Open GLES headers & libraries and use them
Code:
ENABLE_LEVELDB      - Build with LevelDB; Enables use of LevelDB, which is much faster than SQLite, as map backend
EDIT 4: and this here:

# Enable a bit lower water surface; disable for speed (not quite optimized)
#new_style_water = false
Code:
# Enable nice leaves; disable for speed
#new_style_leaves = true
Code:
# Enable smooth lighting with simple ambient occlusion;
# disable for speed or for different looks.
#smooth_lighting = true
Code:
# The amount of rendered stuff is dynamically set according to this
#wanted_fps = 30
# If FPS would go higher than this, limit it by sleeping
# (to not waste CPU power for no benefit)
#fps_max = 60
Cheers, Magic Sam
Eyecreate is the owner of the minetest PND, I can compile a newer version but don't want to create a duplicate. 

irrlicht engine works quite well on native GLES1 (I ported numerous games with it, like SuperTuxKart or Irrlamb, and I know I have to update STK to latest 0.8.1 also).

Hi ptitSeb !

If you have some spare time, I'd say yes, please do port a newer version of Minetest :)

And if you feel unconfortable with this, just ask eyecreate or go for "Minetest Classic", as this one has never been ported to Pandora before ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back