Port Requests

I will try this Evening run this under Zaxxon too :)

Is there any Way to run Minecraft not in Window Mode then in 800x480 Fullscreen Mode automatic on start?

With GLS Him need we 640x480 or 800x480 @ Fullscreen when i know it right.

GLSHim dont work with windowed Software when i know right.
It's pretty difficult to start minecraft with a "custom" liblwjgl !

Bad news is, it seems some functions of glshim are missing anyway (from a liblwjgl freshly compiled)

one of:

glXGetProcAddress: glXGetCurrentContext not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryExtension not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryVersion not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetClientString not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigs not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXChooseFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigAttrib not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetVisualFromFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreateWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXDestroyWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreatePixmap not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXEnumerateVideoDevicesNV not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXBindVideoCaptureDeviceNV not found.
And a Gles compiled lwjgl renamed ?

I had read that lwjgl can be fully GLES compiled ^_^
Yep, I have to try. Java and ant are not my friends...

Is there any Way to run Minecraft not in Window Mode then in 800x480 Fullscreen Mode automatic on start?

Bad news is, it seems some functions of glshim are missing anyway (from a liblwjgl freshly compiled)

one of:

In the Java PND is a GLES compiled lwjgl even with that work it not here (for now) :)

Edit: here the extracted lwjgl Files from the Java PND GLES compiled for trying Things :)

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PandoraOperatingSystems/lwjglGLES.rar

Last edited by a moderator:

one of:

In the Java PND is a GLES compiled lwjgl even with that work it not here (for now) :)

Edit: here the extracted lwjgl Files from the Java PND GLES compiled for trying Things :)

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PandoraOperatingSystems/lwjglGLES.rar
It doens't work with the GLES version (it's unfortunatly not plug'n play replacement).

I have progressed with the full GL version. It start (using v1.00 now), I have weird graphics on the menu but it's usable, but it crash when starting a new game.

I have plenty of

libGL: Unsupported pixel data type: 0x1400
libGL: copy_gl_array -> unknown type: 1400

which is GL_BYTE. And then a bit further it dies with

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glTexCoordPointer(GL11.java:3156)
        at cv.a(SourceFile:115)
        at ge.a(SourceFile:182)
        at afv.a(SourceFile:1221)
        at adt.a(SourceFile:875)
        at adt.b(SourceFile:752)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:738)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:658)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Stopping!
minecraft1.png

Wow, nice progress ... personally I would be interested in the late alpha or early beta versions, since they where a bit less hungry for resources I believe ...

I have fixed (I guess) the GL_BYTE issue, but it still crash with the same Java execption. And I tried with 1.00 (that use 2.9.0 of lwjgl) and 1.79 (that use the 2.9.1)... Hum :( , I will have to look in the java code of lwjgl to understand how it can crash there (I suppose there is a function in glshim I'm missing)...

Yehaah it goes forward with it.

Yes i tried it with Gles too but no Luck here because my Knowledge is not so deep here :)

Nice Picture and Nice News.

Even when it Crash for now,because every Step is a Step more near on the Goal :)

Wow ... just a few months since my last java programming/debugging sessions and I can't make any sense of that anymore ...

https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl/blob/master/src/templates/org/lwjgl/opengl/GL11.java

seems to be the source-file

reffers to ... but it does only have 1652 lines (so no line 3156 ...) and it also only declares the interface, no implementation ... I'm confused now :blink:

Wow ... just a few months since my last java programming/debugging sessions and I can't make any sense of that anymore ...

https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl/blob/master/src/templates/org/lwjgl/opengl/GL11.java

seems to be the source-file

reffers to ... but it does only have 1652 lines (so no line 3156 ...) and it also only declares the interface, no implementation ... I'm confused now :blink:
It's a generated files....

I have this

public static void glTexCoordPointer(int size, int stride, ShortBuffer pointer) {
ContextCapabilities caps = GLContext.getCapabilities();
long function_pointer = caps.glTexCoordPointer;
BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(function_pointer);
GLChecks.ensureArrayVBOdisabled(caps);
BufferChecks.checkDirect(pointer);
if ( LWJGLUtil.CHECKS ) StateTracker.getReferences(caps).glTexCoordPointer_buffer[StateTracker.getReferences(caps).glClientActiveTexture] = pointer;
nglTexCoordPointer(size, GL11.GL_SHORT, stride, MemoryUtil.getAddress(pointer), function_pointer);
}
static native void nglTexCoordPointer(int size, int type, int stride, long pointer, long function_pointer);

(with line 3156 beeing the (if (LWJGLUtil.CHEKS) one). But also, know that all class file executed are the one bring by minecraft, I only "cheat" to put my lwjgl.so.

But, that piece of code is a bit useless alone anyway, it calls many other functions.

One interesting piece is probably this one, i BaseReference.java

Code:
BaseReferences(ContextCapabilities caps) {
int max_vertex_attribs;
if ( caps.OpenGL20 || caps.GL_ARB_vertex_shader )
max_vertex_attribs = glGetInteger(GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS);
else
max_vertex_attribs = 0;
glVertexAttribPointer_buffer = new Buffer[max_vertex_attribs];

int max_texture_units;
if ( caps.OpenGL20 )
max_texture_units = glGetInteger(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS);
else if ( caps.OpenGL13 || caps.GL_ARB_multitexture )
max_texture_units = glGetInteger(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS);
else
max_texture_units = 1;
glTexCoordPointer_buffer = new Buffer[max_texture_units];
}

So, I managed to launch it. It stater v1.0.0 and 1.7.9. But none is working correctly, and both are very slow anyway (like < 1fps).

Still, there is something wrong with multitexturing, and the world is not rendered correctly.

with v1.0.0, the inventory is completly messed up, but the world is somewhat visible because some color is applied with the texture: minecraft5.png.

With latest 1.7.9 (wich support fullscreen), no color at all, so the world is quite black: minecraft7.png, and the title screen is even more strange: minecraft6.png, but the inventory is fine: minecraft8.png.

But, hum, at < 1fps, even with low détail, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble...

If you check 'Allow use of old "Beta"/"Alpha" Minecraft versions' in the Version Selection you can select versions before 1.0.0, maybe there are a few that will be runnable (I think back in 2010/11 Minecraft was still playable even on old PCs).

But great work so far.

btw.: I think it's kinda interesting that the block you are holding in the first screen is textured ... you mentioned multitexturing, is that what Minecraft uses for biomecolors? Then maybe looking for a version before those where introduced would help.

If you check 'Allow use of old "Beta"/"Alpha" Minecraft versions' in the Version Selection you can select versions before 1.0.0, maybe there are a few that will be runnable (I think back in 2010/11 Minecraft was still playable even on old PCs).
Yep, I know, but for now, the process for lauching each version is very manual, so I'll limit my test for now. Maybe if I package things... (I have a how to pakcage in mind, I just have to start it, but it's a bit boring, so i'll do that later).
btw.: I think it's kinda interesting that the block you are holding in the first screen is textured ... you mentioned multitexturing, is that what Minecraft uses for biomecolors? Then maybe looking for a version before those where introduced would help.
Yes, but only on the v1.0.0. On the v1.7.9, everything is black, even the one in hand... But that may be an error somewhere in my code for multitexture in glshim...

Descent 3 need Multitextures too :)

I cannot believe it,you are so near to get Real Minecraft running :)

Genious Work from you :)

I make too many Smileys ;)

There can never be enough smileys for that  :D

Can't wait for that how-to.

Hey ptitSeb, could you possibly take a look at this one? It's called NPRQuake, I tried it on my PC a while back and found it to be a very interesting way to play Quake.

quake03.jpg

Main Page with Source Code: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Gallery/NPRQuake/
Looks doable with glshim. we'll see...
I know that's not a yes but thanks for even taking a look at it!
Just for info. I grabbed the linux glx version and compiled it. It "run", but bad graphics and no keyboard input. I later found an SDL version of it. It runs better (I have keyboard input now), but still bad gaphics and no sound... So, hum, I don't know.. Don't expect something soon anyway.
So, I haven't fixed all my texture issue, but I have fixed a few...

I now get the game to display correctly, with default render (fast) or with the 3 "NPR" renderer (less fast). But there is no sound ?!... Here are a few screenshot with the 4 renderers... Pretty cool to see in fact :)

nprquake1.png

nprquake2.png

nprquake3.png

nprquake4.png

ptitSeb you are awesome! please also have a go at clonk rage. I got an android install going today to play minecraft. android sucks and on pandora it's really awkward. but minecraft PE runs decently. still not the same.

ptitSeb you are awesome! please also have a go at clonk rage. I got an android install going today to play minecraft. android sucks and on pandora it's really awkward. but minecraft PE runs decently. still not the same.
hum, let me finish a few thing I have started first, unless you are satisfied with a bunch of screenshot and not a PND ;)

For minecraft, honestly, don't expect it to be playable (framerate wise). The CPU of the Pandora is not powerfull enough to deal with all minecraft is doing (whatever it is doing except showing big blocks).

yes, minecraft graphic seems simple enough but there's lot of CPU intensive things that can go on depending on what happens... it's a bit like Dwarf Fortress to a lesser extend (much less CPU intensive and way better graphic..)

@ptitSeb: yes! Thanks a lot! Tell me if you need help. I can dig up a bunch of scenarios and objects for the game to make a nice package. Clonk has a powerful scripting interface. Maybe i can get a third party script editor to compile.

Minecraft is a power hungry beast.

I am sure that regular minecraft is only possible as proof of concept like right now. If we only had the source for the c version.

Hey ptitSeb, could you possibly take a look at this one? It's called NPRQuake, I tried it on my PC a while back and found it to be a very interesting way to play Quake.

quake03.jpg

Main Page with Source Code: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Gallery/NPRQuake/
Looks doable with glshim. we'll see...
I know that's not a yes but thanks for even taking a look at it!
Just for info. I grabbed the linux glx version and compiled it. It "run", but bad graphics and no keyboard input. I later found an SDL version of it. It runs better (I have keyboard input now), but still bad gaphics and no sound... So, hum, I don't know.. Don't expect something soon anyway.
So, I haven't fixed all my texture issue, but I have fixed a few...

I now get the game to display correctly, with default render (fast) or with the 3 "NPR" renderer (less fast). But there is no sound ?!... Here are a few screenshot with the 4 renderers... Pretty cool to see in fact :)
Wow, that is looking nice ptitSeb! Hopefully you can figure out the sound issues as well. Many thanks again for working on this one, your work is a huge asset to the community!

I have spend quite some hours in nprQuake! I fixed sound, added dual nub controls, fixed bugs inside the engine (like the lightmaps that where not working correctly because of a #define BLOCK_WIDTH (unsigned char)256 that I finally found after hours of debugging), default proper controls...

I'm missing the noshouldermb option, a last try at optimising things, and the final package... Hopefully I'll publish it today...

Back