Port Requests

Hey ptitSeb, could you possibly take a look at this one? It's called NPRQuake, I tried it on my PC a while back and found it to be a very interesting way to play Quake.

quake03.jpg

Main Page with Source Code: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Gallery/NPRQuake/   

Huh another interresting Project:

Can you try to port Pcsx2 with GLSHIM?

We dont expext good Speed,but maybe the Result will surprise us all ;)

With 1.2 GHZ should be a few Frames PS2 Emulation possible :)

Think I might expect less than a frame per second for most things. We can dream though!

Think I might expect less than a frame per second for most things. We can dream though!
Can you prove what you say?? :)

I can play Playstation2 on a Pentium4 Single Core with 1.6GHZ here and an Ati Card.

There are so good Speedhacks for my 2D PS2 Games,its realy playable on my old Singlecore and optimized Windows.

With 1.2GHZ and Minimenu can we theoretly expect 5-8 Fps in Ps2 2D RPGs like Suikoden Series.

Maybe much more.

But when no one try it realy,then can no one say it :)

Our Pandora surprised us often in the Past.

2D Ps2 Games can work :)

Most games on PS2 are 3d... I am sure there examples of things that may run acceptably... But I am not expecting God of War 2, Final Fantasy XII or Grand Theft Auto games to run at an acceptable level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ptitSeb, could you possibly take a look at this one? It's called NPRQuake, I tried it on my PC a while back and found it to be a very interesting way to play Quake.

quake03.jpg

Main Page with Source Code: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/graphics/Gallery/NPRQuake/   
Looks doable with glshim. we'll see...
I know that's not a yes but thanks for even taking a look at it!
Just for info. I grabbed the linux glx version and compiled it. It "run", but bad graphics and no keyboard input. I later found an SDL version of it. It runs better (I have keyboard input now), but still bad gaphics and no sound... So, hum, I don't know.. Don't expect something soon anyway.

I tried a Bit with real Minecraft on the Pandora Slackware.

Got in Launcher but not more yet...

Even a Gigabyte Swapmemory does not work for my Tests.

MineCraftTest.png

The newer versions of minecraft use shaders afaik, so since that OpenGL to OpenGLES thing only supports OpenGL1.x I guess this introduces some new problems compared to the old versions ... have you tried configuring your profile to use, let's say an alpha version?

Maybe someone should have another look at the minetest client that's out there and see if they can get that working at better speeds. Also it's been updated to 0.49 and the one on the repo is 0.46 still. Has minetest been compiled with glshim?

Maybe someone should have another look at the minetest client that's out there and see if they can get that working at better speeds. Also it's been updated to 0.49 and the one on the repo is 0.46 still. Has minetest been compiled with glshim?
Minetest is using Irrlich engine. A gles port of this engine exist, no need for glshim here. I tried putting minetest in the hands of the kids, but they didn't like it. No redstone, many things missing when compared to the real one...

The newer versions of minecraft use shaders afaik, so since that OpenGL to OpenGLES thing only supports OpenGL1.x I guess this introduces some new problems compared to the old versions ... have you tried configuring your profile to use, let's say an alpha version?
Now i got with Minecraft1.0 the Minecraft Game Window.
But nothin inside,all is white.

More Tests this Evening :)

Now i got with Minecraft1.0 the Minecraft Game Window.

But nothin inside,all is white.

More Tests this Evening :)
It might be worth loading a configuration file on the pc to turn all settings off and copy to the Pandora. I have had to do this for a few ports that didn't want to load with default configs.

I cannot remember back to 1.0 if there were any meaningful configuration settings though.

I will try this Evening run this under Zaxxon too :)

Is there any Way to run Minecraft not in Window Mode then in 800x480 Fullscreen Mode automatic on start?

With GLS Him need we 640x480 or 800x480 @ Fullscreen when i know it right.

GLSHim dont work with windowed Software when i know right.

The oldest version available with the current launcher shouldn't need any configuration at all (basically you spawn on a big cube made of cobble stone with a grass-layer on top and then you can dig your way to the bottom ... ).

But I guess by 1.0 the first non alpha/beta version is meant?

Edit: @ingoreis: what did you exactly do to get this to work to this point? Just use the java.pnd (or preinstalled openjdk if it was slackware) and place a gl.so somewhere? I'd like to test something myself.

Edit2: just remembered lwjgl had native libraries on it's own and does not use gl.so directly ... so I guess it's more to do than what I would have time for right now :(

Edit3: just looked up what release-version 1.0 looked like and made a screenshot, I think the background might be using shaders (it's pretty blurred but the images it is generated from are not)

screen1_0.png

Is there any Way to run Minecraft not in Window Mode then in 800x480 Fullscreen Mode automatic on start?

It's pretty difficult to start minecraft with a "custom" liblwjgl !

Bad news is, it seems some functions of glshim are missing anyway (from a liblwjgl freshly compiled)

one of:

Code:
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetCurrentContext not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryExtension not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryVersion not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetClientString not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigs not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXChooseFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigAttrib not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetVisualFromFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreateWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXDestroyWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreatePixmap not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXEnumerateVideoDevicesNV not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXBindVideoCaptureDeviceNV not found.

It's pretty difficult to start minecraft with a "custom" liblwjgl !

Bad news is, it seems some functions of glshim are missing anyway (from a liblwjgl freshly compiled)

one of:

glXGetProcAddress: glXGetCurrentContext not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryExtension not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryVersion not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetClientString not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigs not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXChooseFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetFBConfigAttrib not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXGetVisualFromFBConfig not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreateWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXDestroyWindow not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXCreatePixmap not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXEnumerateVideoDevicesNV not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glXBindVideoCaptureDeviceNV not found.
And a Gles compiled lwjgl renamed ?

I had read that lwjgl can be fully GLES compiled ^_^

Back