Port Requests

Earlybird looks really sweet, another reason for me to keep Pandora in energy saving mode and with me most of the time.

Hi,

If you are interested in porting new e-mail clients to the Pandora, you could also have a look at these lightweight projects:

Trojita

Balsa

Cheers,

Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Trojita compiles just fine on the Pandora with ptitSeb's Code::Blocks   If anyone is interested, I could try to package it...
already in the repo - I ported it last year. http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=trojita

But if you have a newer working version, I can give you rights to update the package. Interested? 
Hi,

I'm sorry for not checking the repo before starting to compile this :unsure: I should have payed more attention...

The version I get is 0.4.1, maybe it's worth uploading it. Could someone point me to an up-to-date documentation regarding how to package stuff in PND format ? Because it seems I always make packages that are not quite valid for the repo...

Cheers,

Magic Sam

Though I don't think it's 100% possible at the moment: La-Mulana! The new or old version :) I don't think it's impossible because it isn't that powerful of a game and Cave Story and VVVVVV are ported to the Pandora, I don't see why not La-Mulana! hahaha :D

Not really a port request but a feature request for GPFCE. NesterJ for PSP has a neat rewind feature enabled by pressing and holding the R shoulder button and I have always missed it when playing NES games on Pandora. I think it would be really cool to have this. Does anyone else agree?

Not really a port request but a feature request for GPFCE. NesterJ for PSP has a neat rewind feature enabled by pressing and holding the R shoulder button and I have always missed it when playing NES games on Pandora. I think it would be really cool to have this. Does anyone else agree?
I agree :)

that would be pretty neat!

Though I don't think it's 100% possible at the moment: La-Mulana! The new or old version :) I don't think it's impossible because it isn't that powerful of a game and Cave Story and VVVVVV are ported to the Pandora, I don't see why not La-Mulana! hahaha :D
That was because the source for those games was already provided by their developers. The only way La-Mulana could be ported is if someone asked its developers for its source code.

That was because the source for those games was already provided by their developers. The only way La-Mulana could be ported is if someone asked its developers for its source code.
Do you think they would provide their source if I ask? I believe the original game is open source, but I don't remember anymore. I might just ask them because that would be great to be able to play La-Mulana on my Pandora.

If anyone remembers Clonk planet, the source code for clonk rage is available now! Clonk Planet was already ported to pandora but this is based on the old gp2x port. It's missing a lot of great functionality and clonk rage has improved graphics and stuff. The great thing about these games is that there is a huge amount of levels and object files, rulesets, scripts all fan made and awesome! You can also write your own scripts and add things to the game. The editor functionality is missing from the port we already have and the engine is obsolete so there is no user content available anymore.

Have a look here: http://www.clonk.de/source.php?lng=en

I would love to see this ported with editor. Clonk rage is easier to control with a gamepad as well. It was sort of a nightmare with the old control scheme of clonk planet. Using the touchscreen, even mouse commands for controlling several clonks would be quite fun.

For those who don't know the game, I have been playing it for years: You have a 2d jump and run gameplay, you can destroy and add to the landscape, procedural generation and lots of different types of particles make for very interesting worlds and levels. You try to dig out tunnels and mine minerals, then you process these and build generators to power different contraptions, elevators, railroad systems etc. You can also build structures and you do it all by controlling little "clonks". If you master the technique you can do it at once with several... anyway it's a multiplayer blast! There is different rulesets and modificators that come in packages you can add to the levels. They add in new stuff, ways to win, score systems, materials, weapons and items. There even are packages that add weather and atmospherical sounds.

It's a lot of OpenGL stuff, so I have no idea if it's even possible. The recommended specs are also very high.

not the same thing. it plays differently, still full of bugs and there is no support for the old scripting language. all of the polished and great object files are incompatible with open clonk!

EDIT: Also I believe the recommended system specs for open clonk are a whole lot higher, but I am not entirely sure.

Clonk rage has pretty high demands as well, but I think a lot could be optimized by using 16bit depth only and reducing the amount of opengl deco effects (fire particles and stuff like that), which used to be configurable anyway. also the pandora has a low screen res compared to a pc.

clonk endeavor has similar gameplay, is free and has the source available. it's prettier than clonk planet but the user content is probably not as easily available as it is with clonk rage.

anyway, this game is a true gem. with the new control scheme it's also not as hard to learn anymore and if you are a fan of terraria, minecraft, liero, spelunker or the likes then you must play it! and it is free now so grab it! seriously, this game influenced me more than most! I played it when I was 16, and now 13 years later, occasionally I still like to play it.

EDIT2: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55175-clonk-rage/

seems like pickle already ported the engine to pandora in 2010, but the game wasn't freeware back then. Please someone contact him and try this! I even still have my registration key for the game ^^. but now we wouldn't even need that!

Hi,

@ xnopasaranx: I agree with you, Open Clonk is a little buggy and seems to be heavy on resources, so Clonk Rage is certainly a better choice.

I also compiled and played lierolibre on my laptop yesterday, I don't know how it would look and play on the Pandora though...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi,

I have found some other open source alternatives to Wagic:

Magarena

Mage

Wizards Magic

Jportal

Do you guys know these games ? How good are they compared to Wagic ?

I have tried all of them on the Pandora, and Mage and Wizards Magic are running out of the box (resolution needs to be tweaked though).

Cheers,

Magic Sam

wow so much Game PNDs for the Pandora but no Space Taxi Clone?

Do you know some opensource Space Taxi Clones?

Back