Release [Port] NXEngine (Cave Story)

awesome,

but how do I use it? A link would be fine too.

got both, windows and linux versions of Cave Story+

Just download the PND that is linked to inthe link I provided and put it into the apps sub-directory of the pandora directory on the SD card.

so it doesn't need any files to run? I thought it does because both modes (original and improved) don't do anything wehn I run them. Overclocking won't change anything either.

(Super Zaxxon 1.52/ Rebirth Edition)

Don't have it. I used  sudo ls /tmp 

I could reflash if it's supposed to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, didn't know but I already tried that. No such file is being created. I'll downlad the .pnd again. Maybe it broke..somehow

Edit:

yey it works! my .pnd was broken.... tanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
An updated nxengine would be great! The current version crashes every 5 minutes :-(

Here are the last few lines of the log file:

*** glibc detected *** ./nx: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x007c39a0 ***

Aborted

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/nx.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/nxengine': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

=======================================================================================

Return code is : 13

Aborted

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/nx.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/nxengine': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

=======================================================================================

Return code is : 13

An updated nxengine would be great! The current version crashes every 5 minutes :-(

Aborted
Overclocking much ? I dont have that behaviour. I can make it crash but I can have long gaming session without a crash (reached plantation section from the sand zone in one shot, with bosses and all)

Aborted
Overclocking much ? I dont have that behaviour. I can make it crash but I can have long gaming session without a crash (reached plantation section from the sand zone in one shot, with bosses and all)
I am also getting crashes when running it at 600 MHz.

Slightly OT: does anyone know if there is CaveStory+ support planned for nxengine by its author(s) ?

regarding the problem at hand: what hardware do any of you play it on exactly (classic, rebirth, 1GHz) maybe there is the cause ?

Not really. I have a 1 GHz Pandora clocked at 1.2 GHz with OPP level 3. CPU-stress-test was stable at 1225 MHz for one hour, and OPP 4 didn't make a difference. Of course I clocked down to 1 GHz, but nxengine still crashes frequently.

I cannot imagine what else it could be, since I got my Pandora just a few weeks ago and it is almost  virgin:)

Not really. I have a 1 GHz Pandora clocked at 1.2 GHz with OPP level 3. CPU-stress-test was stable at 1225 MHz for one hour, and OPP 4 didn't make a difference. Of course I clocked down to 1 GHz, but nxengine still crashes frequently.

I cannot imagine what else it could be, since I got my Pandora just a few weeks ago and it is almost  virgin:)
You should try debugging its usage of RAM.

Back