Release Claws Mail 3.8

Doesn't work to me. When tries to load the inboxes the program crashes.

I have tried with my old appdata folder and configuring it from the beggining with the same result.

I have to accounts, both of them with imap and ssl, one from gmail and another from my faculty and they work in the older version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it working when you delete the appdata? Maybe there is some incompatibility between the versions or it doesn't pick up your old files.

Edit: i tested it with a popmailaccount and it downloaded over 1000 emails without a problem.

Anyone else has problems?

Yes, as I said i tied to configure it from the beginning after erasig the appdata folder.

It worked for you with a pop3 account, try configuring a gmail account with imap.

It seems like it doesn't like IMAP accounts with SSL.

A connection to an IMAP account without SSL works, as soon as it has SSL enabled it crashes with the following message:

Code:
Ohhhh jeeee: operation is not possible without initialized secure memory
[/CODE]

There seems to be an incompatibility problem with the old crypto libraries on NAND. libsoup crashes with that message when I try to upgrade it to version 2.35.92. I don't know which crypto library it is that's causing it, but you probably have to compile them yourself and bundle.

Ok, that is what betatesting is for :)

Will see, if I can get this working.

Edit: I bet its openssl. Alpine has problems with this, too.

And thanks for the input!

Ok, that is what betatesting is for :)

Will see, if I can get this working.

Edit: I bet its openssl. Alpine has problems with this, too.

And thanks for the input!

i think that alpine makefiles are real bulls*t. there are different configurations for alpine and for imap alpine plugins [in one package] and maybe alpine *with ssl*, so i think it the matter to dig up all makefiles in alpine. all other apps that i compiled works with openssl normally -> [sylpheed / mutt / sasl / and many more..]

I have only encountered this problem with newer versions of the software I compile, suggesting a API behaviour change in openssl.

Updated the openssl in the package. Could somebody please test it again?

My Pandora is already packaged for repairs :(

Hmmm. I can't test right now. Will deactivate it till I have my pandora back.

I compiled Claws Mail 3.9, but pnd is 13.3 MB so can't upload here.

Can you add me as mantainer on repo?

I tested with pop accounts (normal and ssl) but need someone with imap.

If you want to, I can test it before it's uploaded to the repo.

I use claws everyday and the two accounts I own are configured with imap and ssl.

Just tell me where to download the pnd.

I will just delete my pnd from the repo, so if your pnd is good and the features that didn't work in mine are working, you can upload it yourself.

As said, compiling was not hard, but the ssl and other stuff didn't seem to work right.

Edit: Deleted.

Does not crash with my accounts.

The folder it uses is different from the old version but just copying the .claws-mail folder exported my configuration.

The only problem I have noticed is the lack of any plugin. And this means that this version can't render html code.

Now that I'm here I would ask to you about the ability to add dictionaries. Opened a thread about this without exit:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11793-is-there-a-way-to-add-dictionaries-to-claws-mail/

Would possible to add this feature?

Thanks a lot for your work canseco.

Default plugins are disabled, but you can activate them.

I will add as many extra plugins as i can, starting with Fancy and Gtkhtml2 Viewer.

I will take a look at dictionaries, but it will take me some time.

Back