torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
Today I ported FlipClock to the Pandora:

Get the .PND file here: http://w1xer.at/pandora/flipclock.pnd

Screenshot:

web.jpg

Its a very nice little clock for the Pandora featuring animations and two different themes, alarms, etc.

ALERT: Rapid Bug-Fixing in Progress! Please stay tuned unless you want to find bugs! :)

Thanks for the port Torpor! I've always dug this on my Nokia tablets. That was the sole purpose of my n810 for some time. Can wait to see it running on my Pandora.

EDIT: OK, tried it. Don't know why but I love it. Smiling on a Sunday, I got problems.

I will do that, crosspoint! But I have to fix the sound-file selector bug before I do, so it will have to wait until this evening. I'll update the threads!

Torpor what is the recommended way to bring the app into the background? On my N900 I have the camera key mapped to a task manager function. After minutes of button mashing I gave up, is there a way to get it to go into the background without holding the Pandora button? It seems when I did that and came back to the clock the coordinates of screen taps and buttons were misaligned and I could not exit without a hard kill. I'll play with it more later but so far that is what I've come across.

xopher: yeah, it wants to be full-screen and doesn't play very well if you try to minimize it/background around and so on .. maybe I'll add an option to open it windows somehow, but if you have any suggestions let me know.

For those waiting for some bugfixes, I've got the sound/alarm playing all working but am still having problems with the gtk dialog to select the sound file .. I've been busy at work the last few days, but tonight I'll have another hack session to get into it and will put up the latest version, with working alarm sounds and so on, probably this evening. If there are other bugs to fix, please let me know and I'll check this thread in the evening before I get started ..

Oddly enough, I've been using my Pandora a lot more since I got FlipClock working on it, hah hah .. ;)

Thank you for doing this.. I for one am very appreciative of your efforts. Look forward to the update.
The only suggestion would be the option of minimizing it on the screen. Maybe a few stock sounds built into the package.
I could supply if you need..

David...

torpor said:
If you've got a nice set of alarm sounds I'd be happy to include them in the PND file ..

How is this coming along.. Any update or news ?
Not pushing or anything... but I keep sleeping in...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a disastrous weekend, Pandora-coding wise .. alas not as much time for the debugging session as I needed. Its not looking good today/tomorrow either, got too much to do for my iOS projects, but I'll see about it on Thursday. What I ought to do is pack up the code somewhere so someone else can have a go at fixing the file-selector bug, I guess I'll do that tonight .. (BTW alarms work in the current version, you just can't easily select the sound)

I'll put sources online tonight, stay tuned.

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get a CCTV camera to save timed still shots to SD card. (Along the way I found a bug in their firmware, which was the reason this took two days instead of two hours <_< ). The handiest tool in the kit has been my Pandora, for quick checking of SD contents, and running Flipclock to monitor when shots were being taken. :) The engineer I'm working with thought it was great.

jyACg.jpg

Working on it, its not easy, it seems there is really a bug with interaction between GTK and SDL .. if anyone has an SDL file-selector that can be dropped in easily, it would help a great deal because the current gtk-file-selector code hangs immediately ..

wondering if there has been any updates on this issue with the alarm selector? I attempted to use it last night and found myself staring at a frozen screen. If not, it's cool.. just thought I'd ask since the topic has been silent for so long without anything being said one way or the other as far as a fix goes...

Back