Political Discussion Are Prohibited, As Is Any Discussion On Religion

Klaus

Due to the new layout I clicked on the forum rules instead of searching for the most recent posts. (I read them before, but my memory isn't that great when it comes to rules, ;) ) I noticed political and religious discussions are banned as "inappropriate behavior". Is this also valid for the offtopic-forum? At least it does not seem to be enforced very strictly over there. Maybe we should add an exception for this specific forum. Political or religious discussions can build up quickly, of course, but I think it's tolerable in offtopic and can be quite interesting.

Edit: And maybe the software should tell you, that a topic is too long before posting it... The Topic was a quote from the rules: "Political discussion are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters."

i think it's banned because the discussion has a high chance of degrading into a flamewar. neither side wants think that they're wrong, so it's endless. also, some people are particularly sensitive about these topics, so that increases the chances that someone will be offended, and soon enough, insults are being thrown back and forth.

Nah, I think it's inappropriate for anywhere on this site. Anyone who does want to talk politics or religion should go and find an appropriate forum. Very good rule, about time, as long as it gets enforced.

I've admin'd, moderated, and been members of many many forums, and political/religious threads NEVER turn out very good. Theres a lot of forums that won't tolerate the threads.

One forum I'm on is .nl and there all basically anti americans and im one like 10 americans on that board and im always getting bricks thrown at me because the us is seen as a christian country in the eyes of other countries.

So for flaming sakes, I say nay to any threads based on such.

It is banned, but mostly unenforced because when certain people tried to enforce it in the past an angry mob went after them ;). They did of course deserve this!

Back