Rule And Moderation Proposals For The Gp2x Forums

NonsensicalSoccer posted on Feb 12 2006 at 02:24 PM said:
I havent even mentioned the fact that alot of people posting a question/query in english might be using it as their second language, so to chastise people for grammatical errors is childish as far as im concerned.

Did you or anyone else who complained read my whole post? I said, for people who are clearly native english speakers. Anyone can tell the difference between a native english speaker who is lazy and a non-native speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
geez guys, the gp2x just launched, we had hundreds of members registering in a very short space of time, and all of them want to know how to run application X or fix problem Y. This, understandably, caused a huge load on the (very small) mod team.

The problem was that a lot of our mods (including myself, to some degree) have stopped being active. The solution is to get more of them, and we are doing that.

The other problem is the lack of clear rules. We initially had a very long list which I replaced with a much shorter and simpler one. We (well, me) are also in the process of revising THIS set to be stricter and more authorative.

Don't forget that you can REPORT posts you don't like, instead of creating a thread in the wrong forum to whine about the forum's standards and how you just can't stand those plebians' horrible spelling and grammar. This is a community forum for all gp2x and gp32 users, however well they're able to type.

Back