Pokitto Handheld

matej

Still Fresh
1*hsu9cu351SM-DbvUBkHHiQ.jpeg

Is cute and tiny game handheld not only for makers...

Specs:
CPU/RAM
- NXP ARM Cortex-M0+ processor, running at 48 MHz, 256kB program memory
– 36kB RAM
– 4kB EEPROM
LCD/GRAPHICS
2.0″ Color TFT with fast bus (8 million pixels/second theoretical max)
220×176 (high resolution)
110×88 (fastest resolution)
128×64 (Arduboy emulation)
84×48 (Gamebuino emulation),
AUDIO
2 simultaneous sound output generators:
8-bit DAC and 8-Bit PWM
Built-in Amplifier with Bass Boost
Built-in Speaker and Stereo Headphone Jack Digital Volume Control with I2C control
POWER
600 mAh high-quality superflat Lithium-Polymer with built-in charger.

There is emulator on site (search simulator).
https://talk.pokitto.com/t/pokitto-...-try-programming-the-pokitto-for-yourself/156

www.pokitto.com

Last edited:
That one is great, and quite more useful and powerful than other non pi handheld...

Yes, it is "pokitto pokitto" XD.

In spanish, "poquito" is equal to "poco" that means "little bit" and it is spelled like "pokitto"

Suddenly the name has started to resemble "potato" to me.

That one is great, and quite more useful and powerful than other non pi handheld...
You mean like the Pandora?

I am trying to ignore this thing, but my curiosity keep growing.

i don't like the arms and legs. but perhaps without them i wouldn't like the shape either...

There going to be webshop soon in 2018 on official website... You can easily cut arms, legs.With blade knife...How such poor boy will looks like...
fedd5ab1c0f146b9a9d9820dbe49934f38cbc058_1_459x500.jpg

Or we can use it as Sega VMU on PYRA or PANDORA.Imagine 3D game on PYRA/PANDORA and map + inventory on POKITTA :).
Maybe with some kind of "usb->pokitto GPIO port" cable... Or FPS where weapon ammo, life, map will be on Pokitto.Its just one idea...

On first page there are all 300 color combinations...

I don't remember any Dreamcast games that used the VMU for maps or items - the resolution wasn't all that, and the contrast of an unlit screen behind a big thick bezel was never great. The vast majority of games just displayed a static logo, and even Sonic team AAA games just featured a cut price tamigotchi.

A better example of "slave" portable tied with a bigger console is Zelda on the GameCube with the gba connected, not sure of the name, was it the four swords?
Assuming you could find other players with gba, the special gba-gamecube link cable, the experience was great...

Yeah, that was TLoZ: Four Swords. There was also Pacman VS which seemingly was included almost everywhere as a bonus disc, but somehow I never ended up with a copy, and that was it for asymmetric gameplay using the system link cable. There was a Final Fantasy spinoff that also used the cable and used the GBA a little like an advanced VMU, but once you tired of those three games, the cable was essentially useless.

Weren't you also able to move chao from the gamecube sonic to the gba ones and think like that as an upgrade of what the vmu offered on the dreamcast?

I think you could get stuff in Perfect Dark by connecting the GB version.

i don't like the arms and legs. but perhaps without them i wouldn't like the shape either...
That is what I think every time I venture into public. :p I think they are there so you can run a cord through it and have it done your neck. With something so tiny it seems like a good idea to me, even if it looks a bit odd.

I'm actually thinking of asking them whether I can resell it in my shop... nice to see so much interest here :)
Maybe I can add one to my Pyra order that will ship in Two Months. It would be cool if we could connect and use it with the Pyra.

I guess I need to actually look into it now. Even more shit i really want but in no way need...

Hmm, on second glance, this does look like an interesting product. Only thing I'm not sold on is the current case design. Bit too cutesy. And a tad small.

DR5sQvNX0AUyedk

[doublepost=1514708441,1514708225][/doublepost]It does seem tiny, and I really don't like tiny things like this. Playing games he will probably be a handache. Most of the other aspects of it seem really cool, and they already have plans to expand it and make a pro version. I think it is a great idea.

Back