Pokemon Go Becomes Biggest Mobile Game In US History

Lol. That was fast.

Kinda glad, actually. Angry Birds is a good time waster at best, and, as someone who greatly enjoys Pokemon and Nintendo games in general, it brings me great joy to see people enjoying it as opposed to ye ol' pay-to-win games.

On the "End of Nintendo" front, how about $11 Billion extra in market value for Nintendo's stocks, eh? Reckon they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Someone's probably gonna say Nintendo will waste it all on the NX just like Sony blew through their PS2 profits in the first half of the PS3's life. Calling it.

Let them waste it. If I enjoy the NX it will be money well wasted imo.

I am now planning on checking out this game, not that I am all that interested in playing it. There is also a Rick and Morty game that is a lot like Pokemon.

This thing just can't get my interest (as smartphone things in general)... but the newspapers (even the ones that never talks about technology) and the internet seems flooded by this... O_O

Today for example I have seen some collection of pictures of "the people who plays Pokemon GO", presented like some first page news, and them where containing just a bunch of people in different locations looking at the phone... I mean, I have seen this for years before this game came out...

All this story seems a little silly to me...

Most news of the game "Poke Mongo" are from some joke- / fun-pages which got to "serious" media by lazy reporter / editors.

- never heard about it until yesterday
- don't have a smartphone
- don't know anybody who plays any version of Pokémon

Doesn't seem to be a thing in Europe.
So is it just Geocaching with virtual items/creatures?

Today for example I have seen some collection of pictures of "the people who plays Pokemon GO", presented like some first page news, and them where containing just a bunch of people in different locations looking at the phone... I mean, I have seen this for years before this game came out...
Maybe if laws were changed so that people doing that could be considered speed bumps they wouldn't be such a nuisance. You are right, it is silly, but so is most "news" imo.
- don't know anybody who plays any version of Pokémon
Yes you do, look around here. It wasn't released in most of Europe, and I think Germany only recently got it.

Back