Propis & Deicide 3 Sd Game Pack

fett42

I got my copy of Propis & Deicide 3 today. It came with 5 arcade games, Snow Bros. 2, Twin Cobra, Out Zone, Demon's World, and Zero Wing.

Propis is a pretty good puzzler. Unlike the demo, you only get two characters to choose from at the start. The rest of the characters have to be unlocked. There's quite a bit of dialouge in story mode, more than I was expecting at least. So far the game is a lot of fun, which was to be expected based on the demo version of the game.

Deicide 3 is an interesting game. The start of it seems more like an anime movie than a game. It has a quality animation opening scene before you actually get into the game play aspect. The animation/artwork is pretty nice. Once you do actually get to play the game, you're in a building with an elevator that can go up to the 9th floor. You can get out at each floor. Some floors have things to do, some don't. I only mention this because it shows that it is more than just a simple "walk forward and make a choice" kind of game. The only real downfall of this game is the numerous errors with the English translation. There are a lot of grammatical errors and spelling errors. This was the same with the story mode of Propis, but I didn't notice it as much in Propis. If you can ignore that, it's a pretty good "choose your adventure" sort of game.

The arcade games are all emulated well. They seem to use the same emulation system as the Capex emulator, or at least it seems very similar. The games however are not grouped into an emulator. They are each a standalone game. It also is nice that you can just perss select to put a "coin" into the machine. This of course means unlimited continues. I find it funny that at the beginning of every game it says that the game is to ONLY be played in Japan. It made me laugh a little.

Anyway, so far it seems like the Propis & Deicide 3 game pack is well worth the price of $24.99 US.

You can find it at the following places:

Gp2xstore.com for US customers

and

Gp2x shop for European customers

pack1.jpg

pack2.jpg

pack3.jpg

pack4.jpg

Attachments

• pack1.jpg
    pack1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 316
  • pack2.jpg
    pack2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 352
  • pack4.jpg
    pack4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 338
  • pack3.jpg
    pack3.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 379
I can see that your games and ini files were placed in the game folder. I had to move mine in their in order to see them under Wiz Games or else start the games from the Launcher.

Good set of games, but it seems like the aspect ratio for the arcade games is messed up? The top and bottom are cut off, so it makes playing the vertical shooters more difficult than normal.

Also, how do you get the games to show up in the "Wiz Games" list? I have to use the launcher.

originalz said:
Good set of games, but it seems like the aspect ratio for the arcade games is messed up? The top and bottom are cut off, so it makes playing the vertical shooters more difficult than normal.

Also, how do you get the games to show up in the "Wiz Games" list? I have to use the launcher.
The format issue only happens with Twin Cobra, i think. And if you want that the games appears in the game menu you have to move all the games and its inis to a folder named games, placed in the root. You can move the games without a problem.

Sorry my bad english.

Last edited by a moderator:
raindog said:
originalz said:

The format issue only happens with Twin Cobra, i think. And if you want that the games appears in the game menu you have to move all the games and its inis to a folder named games, placed in the root. You can move the games without a problem.

Sorry my bad english.

Great, that worked, thanks!

Is it possible to move the games to another SD card? I know they have DRM so probably not, but it would be a lot more conveinent for me to not have to swap SD cards when I want to play different games.

originalz said:
raindog said:
originalz said:

Sorry my bad english.

Great, that worked, thanks!

Is it possible to move the games to another SD card? I know they have DRM so probably not, but it would be a lot more conveinent for me to not have to swap SD cards when I want to play different games.
someone in the german forums tried that - copying to another SD doesnt work, but it seems it works when the files are on the NAND

LOL! I always love this wannabe English talk they put on eastern products. Makes me laugh all the time.

AYBABTU!

Whahaha, it's even on the SD card as well (Zero Wing). Engrish FTW!

Outzone cuts off the energy bar on the top, which is ummmm kind of important. Also, what's with them setting the difficulty to highest with no way to change??? Outzone was damn hard just on Normal.

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to tate these Toaplan games? Or change settings? I wish they wouldn't have crippled the emulator so much. At least let us set difficulty, screen orientation.

Also, regarding them showing up in Launcher...do I just move EVERYTHING into the "game" folder on the actual Wiz SD card? Just wanted some clarification on that one.

sbock said:

Where did you get your screen wipe from on the above picture?
I never got one with my copy. :(

Cheers, Neil

Attachments

• pack1.jpg
    pack1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 346
:) That's a special gift from EvilDragon. A really useful gadget. Afaik he added this item with all Propis preorders. He also has some stock for exibitions like the last German Cebit.

I should of ordered my copy of Propis from him instead of GP2X Store, I wonder if I'll get one if I order Redemption from him. (Which I will be ordering soon) ;)

Thanks for your reply.

REPRESENTING ADVENTURE GAME! Sounds like there trying to make up an internet meme.

I like that Wiz keychain. Could be used to wipe the screen of fingerprints (the only good thing about that 15 second boot time).

Collector question: Was this a variation of the Deicide title?

7461084614_d689aba3c1.jpg

Attachments

• 7461084614_d689aba3c1.jpg
    7461084614_d689aba3c1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 341
Back