Picture Of The Final Keymat?

It looks good, no need to change anything. Thanks for the picture.

Anyway, any time I hear someone from the team say "changing X will cause no delay", I never believe it. The more steps there are, the more chances Moore's Law has to strike.

fiori_musicali said:
To enter Fn lock mode you simply press and hold Fn and then press Fn. I mean... what? Or do you hold it for a determined amount of time to enter lock mode?
To enable Fn lock, simply press Fn twice. Once more to unlock. It's less complicated than it sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The letters have been aligned to a grid on my original file, looks like this happened while printing them on (well, the keymat looks much bigger than it actually is if you look at it at your screen, so you won't probably notice this when it's in the device)

Looks great to me, and though for now I still lament the ctrl & alt locations I've every confidence now that this will eventually become comfortable enough for it to not come to my mind while enjoying my Pandora.

DroneB Dev said:
btw does angstrom has any implementation similar to the Windows Sticky Keys? since a lot of keys will use Fn, we might need to for some Special Commands

fiori_musicali said:
To enter Fn lock mode you simply press and hold Fn and then press Fn. I mean... what? Or do you hold it for a determined amount of time to enter lock mode?

These two questions are logical hints to solving each other.
Yes, sticky keys exists. That is how you get Fn-Fn to enter Fn lock.

XD, then what happens if you push and hold a key (with double function) then activate Fn lock.? end up with val 1 hold or val2?

and sticky keys is much more than just Fn lock, since for example y wanted to do a spacebar+tab?

The D/J fact isnt a problem at all! it still is aligned! and it may be verry handy in games infact!

those ketys look so...round to me...sphere like...i can only imagine myself having problems typing on this :( I hope it will be more flat like laptop keyboards. Because i cant really see it on this photo.

I think on a smaller keyboard, the preference is to go slightly convex. With small flat/convave keys you are more likely to catch the edge of the adjacent key. This looks like it'll be a very good arrangement.

Loonie said:
I think on a smaller keyboard, the preference is to go slightly convex. With small flat/convave keys you are more likely to catch the edge of the adjacent key. This looks like it'll be a very good arrangement.

afirmitive, ive got the nokia E75, the one with flat keys.... and yes, i type the wrong keys all the time!

XD, im more worried on the key layout, its not bat, but its been 6 months on my new laptop and i still havent get used to the new keyboard layout, (keep pressing Home instead of Del).

but due to the size, i expect it to work more like a thumb keyboard.

... hmm problems on the forums for me.. thought i had replied here :S
i like the look of the n97 keyboard but ive heard in reviews its not brilliant but a plastic keyboard would be cool. would love the choice to change it myself.

borgqueenx said:
those ketys look so...round to me...sphere like...i can only imagine myself having problems typing on this :( I hope it will be more flat like laptop keyboards. Because i cant really see it on this photo.
It will not be anything like a laptop keyboard.

borgqueenx said:
those ketys look so...round to me...sphere like...i can only imagine myself having problems typing on this :(

I've had 3 phones with keypads, all of them have rounded keys. My most recent phone has the most rounded keys of all of them, and the smallest keyboard. I've never had problems typing on them. I can almost type with my thumbs without looking, mainly because they're not flat.

-Tj- said:
I can almost type with my thumbs without looking, mainly because they're not flat.

LIIIIEEEES!!! T J HAS FLAT THUMBS!!!!!

El Jefe said:
whats the pandora logo button for?

Unless they changed it, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a dedicated "return to the main menu" button.

Sphinxter said:
borgqueenx said:
those ketys look so...round to me...sphere like...i can only imagine myself having problems typing on this
sad.gif
I hope it will be more flat like laptop keyboards. Because i cant really see it on this photo.
It will not be anything like a laptop keyboard.

+1

As has been repeatedly stated, it's for thumb typing. Don't think of it as a teeny-tiny netbook/notebook keyboard, more like an oversized mobile phone keyboard (i.e. not "worse than this" but "better than that") and you shouldn't go far wrong.

Anyone yet notice it isn't black? Means the keyboard light mod is possible again, without the need for a custom keymat.

Back