Release Picodrive Released

By the way, one bug that I have noticed is that when I choose "Reset Game", the emulator exits. (I don't know if it actually crashes or exits, tho')

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
By the way, one bug that I have noticed is that when I choose "Reset Game", the emulator exits. (I don't know if it actually crashes or exits, tho')
It crashes, saw this one too but forgot which game, which one did you try?

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
God Ginrai said:
It crashes, saw this one too but forgot which game, which one did you try?

It's actually happened on every game I've tried. Lemme try some now and compile a list for you. The one from last night was Comix Zone.

EDIT: Also:

• Gunstar Heroes (Made by Treasure)
  • Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyou to Issen (Made by Treasure)

-God Ginrai

Prometheus said:
Is the sample rate the same as the readme specifies?

Yes and it's in the same folder as the Rom's iso and it works just fine with an emulator on my mac. The music just doesn't start unless I go into the emulators menu. One thing that might be a clue is when I do that the music picks up were it should be... so technically the track is probably playing I just don't get to hear it until I go into the menu and back out.

Tried a few different iso/mp3 combos, also some bin/cue ones too, all bios files correctly named, but when i choose a game iso, it goes to the CD bios screen and won't auto load, so i press start, takes me to the cd player menu, press cd-rom and it goes to the sega splashscreen and thats about it.

Any ideas?

x68000 said:
Tried a few different iso/mp3 combos, also some bin/cue ones too, all bios files correctly named, but when i choose a game iso, it goes to the CD bios screen and won't auto load, so i press start, takes me to the cd player menu, press cd-rom and it goes to the sega splashscreen and thats about it.

Any ideas?
Incorrect region forced in options? That's what the real SegaCD would do if you inserted game from different region.
Also could be misnamed BIOS files (like US bios named as EU, etc).

I have been trying some NTSC Japanese Mega CD games, I forced the region to Japan NTSC but still get the same problem. Going to try some other bios files.

x68000 said:
I have been trying some NTSC Japanese Mega CD games, I forced the region to Japan NTSC but still get the same problem. Going to try some other bios files.

Wouldn't you need the Japanese BIOS then?

-God Ginrai

^ there are lots of different bios dumps out there for the Japanese version of the Mega CD. Maybe the ones i have tried are not compatible with Picodrive.

Managed to get a US Sega CD game working, but no joy with the japanese ones. Ripped these all using the same method.

EDIT: loading was very very quick and sound sync was perfect on the Sega CD title i tried. Excellent work Notaz!

I ran across a whole slew of Sega CD BIOS files. (18 in total) How do you know which to use? Is it generally excepted that you use the most recent or are there some games that arn't compatible with particular ones beyond just regionality?

Alpha2 said:
I ran across a whole slew of Sega CD BIOS files. (18 in total) How do you know which to use? Is it generally excepted that you use the most recent or are there some games that arn't compatible with particular ones beyond just regionality?
Just grab the newest one for US, Japan, and Europe, and you should be fine. Those 3 will cover the 3 possible regions for any games.

Chris

x68000 said:

Any ideas?
Actually, I have this problem with a few games. I have been using the same rom and iso set since Notaz first introduced the GP2X version. With every new update, a differant game would no longer work. Then with the next update the same game would again. I always just assumed I had to change the settings and play with the options to get something working again. Currently my Japanese Sonic CD freezes, and my euro Timegal does the same.

Maybe someone can suggest there settings for these games, and maybe I can get them working again. But they are the same files I have used forever, and they both have worked in the past. Interesting? :huh:

Chris

Hehe, one time I was playing Sonic CD, went into the Picodrive menu to clock the CPU to 600, went back a menu and it froze the whole machine. My unit can do 860 stable. Odd! I was using the R shoulder button to skip increase the Mhz by 10 instead, but since then I can't seem to reproduce the glitch.

MDave said:
Hehe, one time I was playing Sonic CD, went into the Picodrive menu to clock the CPU to 600, went back a menu and it froze the whole machine. My unit can do 860 stable. Odd! I was using the R shoulder button to skip increase the Mhz by 10 instead, but since then I can't seem to reproduce the glitch.

My unit can do 850 stable, but for some reason it crashes at much lower clocks with the PSX4Pandora. It's a mystery, isn't it? ;P

-God Ginrai

Back