PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

I have this:

4f33e1d2ea98600f17fabc3c593480b5.jpg

@Faust

Yeah, I'm talking about the two links in the page you just showed. When I (and ED) click on them , we get blank pages.

@Faust

Yeah, I'm talking about the two links in the page you just showed. When I (and ED) click on them , we get blank pages.
I see! The first one tells me that it doesn't load the plug in, and the second one is blank.

I'm on Android phone right now.

Can someone see the images of the PGS company docs in the link below. I just get blank pages

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/results.asp?ID=E7561M&page_name=llc

Also, It looks like they updated their KS page and replaced the photo realistic renders with images that seem to have a scetch filter applied - ie so they are not photo realistic anymore
They are using java applet to display (and print) the images.
The images (printed to pdf) are in the attachments.

Attachments

• 20160703131716.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 20160703131814.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 397
@M-HT

Thanks for that.

Looks like they don't have much info though, I hoped they would have a bit of info on the company and it's members. But it looks to be a bust.

Well, it just shows that they're business is registered under the home address of Mr. Sharriff.
So no real office yet.

I saw your comments ED on their KS page . Interesting replies to your comments. Although nothing new, they have said in the past they believe a proof of concept using other products passes as a prototype. Obviously they have a different idea to what constitutes a prototype to everyone else. Mind you , they have to say that, otherwise they would be admitting to violating KS rules on showing a working prototype.

I saw your comments ED on their KS page . Interesting replies to your comments. Although nothing new, they have said in the past they believe a proof of concept using other products passes as a prototype. Obviously they have a different idea to what constitutes a prototype to everyone else. Mind you , they have to say that, otherwise they would be admitting to violating KS rules on showing a working prototype.

Yes, but that also should make it clear that it's impossible to get anything done within the timeframe they plan to.
The PCB does need to be designed, and it needs to be small.
This took Nikolaus almost a year with the Pyra... and the PCB production itself takes 6 weeks. Yes, you can do that in Express, but it still takes 4 weeks (each layer needs to properly dry before you can apply a new one, and they need at least 8 layer).

@ED, Your preaching to the choir. And unfortunately I believe many of the people (clearly not all) who backed the PGS know deep down the risks. Many have said as much and still plonked their cash down on it.

Unfortunately it's a classic battle of desire vs fear. Desire seems to be winning for many.

Well, there also seem to be quite a bit who will want to cancel their pledge if they don't show a prototype until then.
Which they most probably can't.

They will show another prototype towards the end of the campaign as they said, but you know what it will be already. :)

I fully expect a lot of people will back out at that time.

They will show another prototype towards the end of the campaign as they said, but you know what it will be already. :)

Yes... and they said two months ago here at the boards that they want to finish a prototype first (not something butchered together) until Kickstarter starts.
Weeell.... we've seen where that lead us :)
Now the butchering is inside a printed case :D

I fully expect a lot of people will back out at that time.

Not sure. A few will, but there are probably many believers.

If I had endless money I'd "back" for the ten pack because I want it to be real. But I'd only do so after ordering 20 Pyras, 12 Wins and donated a few million to the Pyra development.

If I had endless money I'd "back" for the ten pack because I want it to be real. But I'd only do so after ordering 20 Pyras, 12 Wins and donated a few million to the Pyra development.
Really? Sounds like an odd choice. If I had endless money, I'd be custom designing my own handheld unit :)

Well I only listed the things I'd do that are relevant to this thread.
Well, it's kind of relevant, being about designing and building handhelds.

Even having endless money doesn't mean you know how to design a handheld unit.
Aside from not having to work, you could spend endless hours learning and trying. But let's cut to the chase at the real simple version - "You could hire persons who are capable to design the handheld based on your requirements, then hire further persons to manufacture it"; and, as it would be a personal only device, you wouldn't have "keyboard threads" etc.

Back