PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Last edited:
Here you go (it's actually previously posted in this thread), mind you , it's an old draft and no doubt it will have changed significantly in the final version: www.kickstarter.com/projects/pgslab/981507127?token=c0c2fbd9

The comment on top made my day:
the smach z is also coming out. which is more powerful and has better graphics?.im planning to get this or the other.heres the link to their web page.smachz.com

I'll get myself a unicorn and an icp2 now.

Unicorns are too common. Why not upgrade to a twonicorn?

two-nicorn-rainbow.png

This is supposedly the final version of the KS campaign that will go live some time today.

The awful video has been slightly re-edited, but is still every bit as awful. Still no sign of anything even vaguely resembling actual hardware, let alone a functional prototype. Plenty of flashy renders though. Too bad both of these things are against the rules for hardware campaigns:

Technical drawings, CAD models, and sketches are awesome and encouraged, but photorealistic renderings that someone might mistake for a finished product are prohibited.
Projects that involve the development of physical products must feature explicit demos of working prototypes. While you can run a project focused on the creation of a prototype, you can't offer the product that is under development as a reward.

I still can't tell if this is a straight-up scam, or if the "company" is really deluded enough to think any of this is possible in the timeframe and budget they're proposing.

And some information from the newsletter:
**Hello, friends! Today we start our project on Kickstarter (18:00 NY). In honor of this, we have decided to present five devices:**

That's fantastic. Any idea what the additional devices are? I see they are offering a limited (10 units) titanium version of the hardcore. I wonder what the other two mystery devices consist of. Perhaps a perpetual motion machine?

Tacked at the very end they have a video of the "prototype" that never gets picked up and looks to me like it's just a display in a 3d printed case being fed images from something unseen.

Where do you see that prototype video?
I can't seen any.

According to their costs breakdown, production costs are 50% of the pledge price.

So... 170 USD production costs for a system with 2 screens (one QHD), LTE, Wifi, 128GB SSD, analog telescopic sticks... and so one.
Right. That sounds realistic.

It's larger than I expected and doesn't have the second screen like advertised. with processor placement I have my I have doubts a second screen could be implemented without serious heating issues.

Oh boy... you can see through the left hole of the analog stick and that looks completely empty.
So it's just a controller there?

Also, the OS says "Surface"... I guess the connected a surface to an HDMI screen inside a printed case which is empty except for a hacked up joypad?

No wonder they put it just at the bottom of the page xD
That looks absolutely horrible...

And wasn't the lite unit advertised as Full HD? You can still see the option in the navigation bar of their website, but all spec charts say 720p. Strange, but not nearly as strange as that video.
[doublepost=1467307827,1467307368][/doublepost]One of their stretch goals, 250,000$ to be exact, says they will give the GPU an overclock xD
Because you need money to do that, right?

Oh boy... you can see through the left hole of the analog stick and that looks completely empty.
So it's just a controller there?

Also, the OS says "Surface"... I guess the connected a surface to an HDMI screen inside a printed case which is empty except for a hacked up joypad?

I didn't want to say that because I wanted to be positive, but yeah I definitely think that's the case.

I didn't want to say that because I wanted to be positive, but yeah I definitely think that's the case.
They even admit it in their Kickstarter draft, just above the video:
The current prototype is assembled from component devices such as Surface, Ipega, Cube.
Soooo... Does that even count as a prototype? Is Kickstarter OK with that? Any customers surely shouldn't be, but most people will probably not understand it and tech journalists often neither read all of the text.
I just hope their campaign isn't successful so the supporters at least get their money back.

Hahah wow. Thats hilarious.

GO GET EM PGS!
[doublepost=1467315418,1467309433][/doublepost]Did anyone save a copy of that original video they made? It seems like they deleted it.

Back