Partial Game Release List And Gp2X F-300 Announced

androo

Still Fresh
Website
www.flashcartreviews.com
Mods - the threads I post to the news part of the forum never get approved, and end up on the news board a day later posted by someone else, so I posted this here... feel free to move the thread as needed...

New console announced - spec preview below with comparison to GP2X Wiz

Gamepark Holdings producing F300
Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd has agreed to bring out the F300 to the market.
The F300 specification it is noticed below.

Specification CPU ARM0 / 533MHz / 3D Accelerator
Display 3.5 inch LCD Touch Screen Panel
RAM 64MB
NAND Flash Memory 1GB
O/S Linux
Battery 1,400mAh Lithium-ion Polymer
Size 14.3cm(w) x 8.2cm(h) x 2.8cm(d)
Video Player File MPEG 4, Xvid, Divx, AVI
Audio File OGG, WAV
Video Resolution Max 640 x 480 (30fbs)
Music Type of File OGG, WAV
Lyrics Lyrics Supported
Photos File Format JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, and Others
Comics File Format JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, and Others
E-Book File Format Text File
Other Functions Flash N/A
World Time World Time and Origin Time
Calendar Calendar
Timer Timer
Calculator Original Calculator
Multi Tasking

The difference in between GP2X Wiz and GP2X F-300 it is listed below.
GP2X Wiz GP2X F-300
OLED Screen 3.5inch LCD
12.2cm(w) x 6cm(h) x 1.2cm(d) 14.3cm(w) x 8.2cm(h) x 2.8cm(d)
Flash Engine (O) Flash Engine (X)
Battery 2,000mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Batter 1,400mAh Lithium-ion Polymer

So these are the differences in between GP2X Wiz and GP2X F-300.

They have also purchased the license to distribute roms, and have released a list of roms that will be available in the FunGP "store" when it comes out. List is available with pictures here, or you can see the text-list below

Emulator List and Pictures
No. Title Picture
1 Tiger Heli
2 Get Star
3 Slap Fight
4 Flying Shark
5 Wardner
6 Twin Cobra
7 Rally Bike
8 Truxton
9 Hellfire
10 Twin Hawk
11 Demon's World
12 Zero Wing
13 Fire Shark
14 Snow Bros.
15 Out Zone
16 Vimana
17 Teki Paki
18 Ghox
19 Pipi & Bibi's
20 Truxton 2
21 Fixeight
22 Dogyuun
23 Grind Stormer
24 Knuckle Bash
25 Batsugun
26 Snow Bros. 2

Official GPH games will of course also be available.

I'm confused why the battery would have a lower rating on an F300 than the Wiz. My understanding is LCD take far more power than OLEDs because of their backlighting. This thing would have a very short battery life.

I wonder if this (if it's actually real; I'm skeptical) would be more competitively priced against the Dingoo..

Peter R said:
Maybe that is the largest battery they can fit into the GP2x formfactor?

Which would give more evidence to F300 just being a means of getting rid of existing cases. I doubt the basic case dimensions are the limiting factor, as much as the shape of the battery compartment would be.

But at least they're not making it run off of AA's. Although I think some people here may have actually preferred that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how would two 2450 mah rechargeable AAs (the rating of my GP2X's rechargeable batteries) compare to this 1400 mah battery? Is it as simple as it appears, that two 2450 mah rechargeables are far better than this internal battery, or is it more complicated than that?

Few questions and comment

1. im really disappointed. If i read carefully the F-300 wont have a oled screen. right ? im dreaming of a 3,5' oled screen. i suppose my dream will come true in a few years.

2. Is this information spec sheet 100% the truth ??? is it confirmed ??

3. i suppose all Wiz emus, homebrew and software will be 100% compatible with the F-300 right ?

4. Which color the F-300 will be ? white or black ?

5. PLEASE dont tell me they will have the bad gp2x stick or 4 buttons d-pad with no pivot ?? right ?

thanks for answers. if someone know the answers. interesting topic. i hope it will get some pages.

i found the news here too: http://www.gpark.nl/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1440.0

the "truth" only extends to what I've been told. This was from GPH themselves (Tony, as you guys recognize around the forums).

It may not be 100% "truth" as there may be revisions when it's actually built.

As of now, it definitely does NOT have an OLED screen.

I'm not too sure about compatibility with wiz homebrew and emus...

I believe if it doesn't have an OLED it won't be compatible with current Wiz software since the Wiz's true aspect ratio is 240x320 and not 320x240. They would need to be made compatible. While I'm not a dev, I can't imagine that being tremendously difficult.

shinneri said:
So how would two 2450 mah rechargeable AAs (the rating of my GP2X's rechargeable batteries) compare to this 1400 mah battery? Is it as simple as it appears, that two 2450 mah rechargeables are far better than this internal battery, or is it more complicated than that?

They're not really the same, in the same way alkalines are not the same as NiMH batteries. Even though alkalines are often rated at much higher charge capacity they actually drain faster in devices like GP2X. The reason being is that the charge rating only works for constant current draws below a certain cutoff point - if you draw more than that then the efficiency goes down. Two AA's also together have a lower nominal voltage than a single Lithium Ion cell, giving a lower effective watt-hour rating per mAh, which is more indicative of how much capacity it actually has.

I don't know how Lithium Ion compares to NiMH but it's pretty obvious that if the latter were better it'd be what's used instead.

shinneri said:
I believe if it doesn't have an OLED it won't be compatible with current Wiz software since the Wiz's true aspect ratio is 240x320 and not 320x240. They would need to be made compatible. While I'm not a dev, I can't imagine that being tremendously difficult.

Fortunately most Wiz software should be compatible with 320x240 mode since that's what the Wiz defaults in, so as long as the kernel handles this transparently there shouldn't be a problem. If you try to use 240x320 mode it'll break, but there's no reason to use it now since 320x240 won't have tearing problems.

If the F300 isn't compatible with Wiz then I say don't bother, we don't need ANOTHER incompatible system out there.

Also that D-button thing of the F200 (and therefore the F300) is pretty bad. I modded the one that i had but if you leave as-is it is useless for many games.

OK i CONFIRMED IT TOO. i talked with Tony han. This is what he said me:

Hi,

Happy to receive your mail.

Yes it is true that we have decided to bring out the F300

Sorry to tell you but the F300 will not have OLED 3.5” it is going to be LCD.

The D-Pad will be like F200.

If there is anything that you would like to know let me know.

Thank you and Best Regards

Tony Han

Overseas Sale Manager

Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd

I asked him to compare the spec sheet and it seem all is exact. But I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE F-200 D-PAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are in trouble. i want to buy one, but now im stressing.... LOL

Haha, sorry, but this is not at all surprising. The entire point of F300 is that they're reusing the entire physical design, including the case and components like the dpad, buttons, and battery compartment. This way they don't need to do an expensive new mould for it. And possibly use parts they have a surplus of. So no fixing of such glaring flaws like the poor d-pad or lack of a stylus slot.

Not to mention the USB and power connectors being on the right edge where you hold the thing. On the other hand, I wonder if it'll bring out the same EXT connector/pinout as the Wiz, and if that can be used instead to avoid the original horrible design.

craigix; Everything I'm reading shows that an OLED consumes substantially less power than conventional LCD displays (ie, not hybrids using unevenly lit LEDs for lighting). And that the power consumption is proportional to surface area, which the Wiz's screen has substantially less of. Read this:

http://displaydaily....d-tvs-be-green/

Do you have a counter-source? Because otherwise it's looking like F300 may give only half of the battery life of Wiz. If the diagonal tearing issues die down enough then I don't think anyone is going to want to buy one.

So let me get this straight. They want to take the wiz, which essentially has tons LESS features than the GP2X, put it in the GP2X housing with the old screen, old buttons, old D-PAD, and then put a battery in it that has LESS capacity then the original wiz battery?

Are they selling them for a lower price? Or will the price be the same. If the price is the same, they're insane, especially because you lose the wiz form factor, which is pretty much all it's got going for it.

GPH is insane.

Exophase said:
craigix; Everything I'm reading shows that an OLED consumes substantially less power than conventional LCD displays (ie, not hybrids using unevenly lit LEDs for lighting). And that the power consumption is proportional to surface area, which the Wiz's screen has substantially less of. Read this:

http://displaydaily....d-tvs-be-green/

Do you have a counter-source? Because otherwise it's looking like F300 may give only half of the battery life of Wiz. If the diagonal tearing issues die down enough then I don't think anyone is going to want to buy one.

When we got the actual manufacturers datasheets the real usage is different to what they suggest in their promotional material, with the examples having the screen being only updated a small amount.

At 30% white screen coverage they pull the same power as an LCD and it gets worse from there. Imagine a web browser with a white background...

craigix said:
When we got the actual manufacturers datasheets the real usage is different to what they suggest in their promotional material, with the examples having the screen being only updated a small amount.

At 30% white screen coverage they pull the same power as an LCD and it gets worse from there. Imagine a web browser with a white background...

While that can be true it is also a bit biased towards the LCD. A LCD displaying white (pixels off, not blocking light) is it's best case as all of the sub-pixels are not energized, while an OLEDs pixels are all energized, emmiting light which is its worst case.

So if you mostly use it for bright images the LCD may use a little less power, if you display darker images like movies or arcade games the OLED will use less. In the end it probably averages out to be pretty close. I would still like the better contrast and response time of an OLED. Hazy grey backgrounds that should be black, and ghosty colors aren't worth the maybe better power savings while displaying web browsers to me.

yeah i agree with you DaveC. i wanted to buy the F-300, but now im not sure anymore. i really prefer to have a 3.5' oled screen.

I Fear they use the old lcd from the F-100/F-200 I didnt find it enough bright. and black are really bad. even the contrast. With the last lcd handhelds available today they all have much better lcd quality than gp2x F-100 and F-200, or least they are brighter with better contrast. only the psp lcd come with a generous blur effect.

WE WANT OLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on , you just tasted the wiz and they come back with lcd. the WIZ have little little blur compared to lcd.

THE WORST THING however is the return of the F-200 d-pad and this 1400 mah battery.

For the pandora I hope they will release a new versions in 1 year or 2 with oled screen.

I dont have problem to pay more for Oled.

I didnt buy the pandora until now because i always fear for Blur. i want to see the first feedback first. with oled no blur or ghostling 100% sure. i have a sony xbr6 52' in 120hz and i connected all my old console to my old 26' crt because i hate blur so much. I love my psp for emulation BUT I HATE THIS GHHHHHHHOOOOOTLLINGGGGGG BBBLLLLUUUURRR. Who can live with that.

In conclusion i want a oled screen with all handheld i buy in future, but i will make a exception for the pandora if it dont have too much blur. i have to admit the Gp2x f-100 and F-200 screen didnt have too much blur, it was acceptable. at least something good with this screen.

i have sometinh interesting to post:

Hi

I am really sorry for not answering for the last mail.

I was really busy so I did not have time to answer your questions.

Now I will answer for your three questions

1) Sorry but it is too late to change the D-pad, we would have to go like this. But for the next version I will make sure to change the D-Pad

2) Well at the moment we are going to bring LCD TFT to the F300, maybe things might change

3) The battery will last for 4hrs

4) The release date will be on October if there are no further things to be changed.

Thank you for your interest and support

Best Regards

Tony Han

Overseas Sale Manager

Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd

Back