PanMAME Betatesting

HELP: Trying to sort my roms in PanMAME and suddenly I just see

------------------------------------------------------------------

<empty>

[There are no games in your AdvancedMame group]

------------------------------------------------------------------

or similar blank stares ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am reading that page thanks and can not figure out how to get back to the general group.

I accidentally got there once and cant remember because all I could do was experiment with a bunch of Fn combos.

Do you know the special handshake?

The only special handshake I know happens in about a week. Depending on where you are.

Haha very funny ;-) I meant regarding this

>> can not figure out how to get back to the general group.

hi mcobit

PanMAME is absolutely my most used emulator on the Pandora right now. I prefer 0.92u2000 (0.97 is in reality 0.92u2000, you should correct it in the repo) version more because it is faster than panmame 106 but i noticed two problems. The first is the tearing (but honestly i can live with it) and the second problem is the compatibility issues for some games. Some of them (particularly the Sega Sytem 32 games) are not supported both in panmame 0.92u2000 and panmame 106 (correct me if i am wrong), others ie Night Slashers are supported only in panmame 106 but on panmame 0.92u2000 it doesnt even appear in the game list and this is quite strange because afaik Night Slashers (Korea Rev 1.3 version) is supported since Mame 0.74u2 so it should appear also in panmame 0.92u2000 game list. Mame EX from Streak has a great compatibility (the best of all Mame made for the Pandora) but it is really slow simply because it is based on mame 110 which is not well suited for the Pandora. Fixing those compatibility issues would make panmame even better. A good idea, like dgame suggested time ago, is also building different version of Mame for the Pandora. For example i suppose if Mame 0.37b16 will be ported games like Elevator Action Returns which are around 80% speed (with overclock and overvolt) on mame 106 should play full speed on mame 0.37b16.

Hi and thank you!

0.37b16 is the Version Mame4all is based on iirc. So better use that for games that run slow on PanMAME.

The 0.97 version was my initial port. I didn't develop it further. Just the 0.106 version, which got tearing fixed and some other hacks to display aspect correct etc.

I won't support the older version anymore, so sorry, if the compatibility is not that high.

0.106 should run all games (or at least most), that are in a 0.106 romset afaik.

Edit: I choose the 0.97 version first, as it seemed to be one of those, after which the hw requirements went up. Then I decided for 0.106 as it is the last version before the rendering was completely rewritten, what caused another major slowdown. But the speeddifference between 0.97 and 0.106 shouldn't be that high.

I can't get panmame to work on my rebirth beta 4 pandora. The splash loads and it quits. I'm pretty sure the roms are in the right place the log doesn't show much of anything.

am I just doing it wrong?

I'm using 106 roms.. apparently. Maybe I should check with a romcheck tool.

It should work, as I just played with it. On the old Pandoramodel though.

Can you post the .out file anyway? Thanks!

just downloaded it and tried for the first time... the menu music and sounds are just AWESOME !! lol

Yes, especially the music of Mr.Beep is great. He makes these tunes with some old one channel computers.

Check out his website:

http://mister_beep.republika.pl/

Is it possible keep both panmame 0.97 and panmame 106 on the same SD card? Imho they are equally good (one is faster, the other more compatible). Someone can help me?

Thats a bit tricky as they use the same appdata and I am not sure, if the configfiles are completely compatible. Also I made some changes to the datastructure iirc. Better use them from 2sdcards and set the rompath to point to the other sd, if you don't like having twice the romset in the config file.

hello, someone fond the rom spider-man: the video game (1991) working?

Mcobit thank you for this amazing killer-app!! B)

I don't know if this has been discussed allready:

-is it possible to stretch (any) screen-resolution to aspect-ratio 16:9 fullscreen?

Edit: thanx Mcobit for the explanation ;)

Yes. Of course. Just toggle the aspect option in the videomenu to no, save the settings and reload the rom.

The aspect of the Pandora is 5:3 btw.

mcobit thank you for this wonderful app...being able to save my place in Ghouls 'n Ghosts is great.  Love the Duke Nukem sounds in the menu.

Back