PanMAME Betatesting

Then cpu-speed icon is what you are searching for in minimenu.

mcobit, just to know, would panMame work on the Caanoo or it's hardware-impossible?

mcobit, just to know, would panMame work on the Caanoo or it's hardware-impossible?

It would maybe work, but much slower. The Caanoo can't use the HW Accelerated Omap SDL like Pandora. Scaling would have to be done in software and the Caanoo is slower in general.

Best would be if you start from scratch with vanilla advancemame/advancemenu 0.106 to port it, as PanMAME has quite some pandoraspecific stuff.

Also the 320x240 screenres of the Caanoo would make the menu a bit unreadable, so more tweaks have to be introduced, I could imagine.

I don't have a Caanoo, so I cannot port it. If anybody else wants to try, the source is avaiable.

http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/

Well, is there a huge difference of performance between mame4all and AdvancedMame? Well, actually I think we only need some strong devs to port it and optimize it, but, as you have wrote we need another Gui....

mcobit, if we buy you a Caanoo can you port it? It would be fantastic for the community and maybe you will have some fun with the caanoo...

let me know! :D

Problem is: I would need to get into it and I am not that good at coding, that I can implement the asmcores, wich would speed it up significantly. Else i would have done it already for the pandoraversion.

If you would send me a Caanoo I could at least try and give it back, if it doesn't work out.

I don't want to make promises, i can't keep.

I will write on the italian, on the francophone and on the english boards, let's see if anyone would donate...

Thanks mcobit! :D :D :D

Ok, found a Caanoo on the Italian forum from Zip (administrator of openconsole.it and creator of the fall to win game for the rebirth competition). Can you PM me all the information we need to send you one? Thanks for interesting in porting! :D

panmame is pretty nice. I am new to mame in general on the OP.

I was curious, about overclocking. There's one game I'd like to overclock, but I couldn't find a way to do it within the emulator easily. Is there a way to bring up some kind of menu to customize the clock within the game?

Why do it in the emulator?

Just overclock before you start panmame :)

Maybe WizardStan will implement such options in the new overlay at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, would be an idea, will look into it when I get some time.

Just tried TV Out & PanMAME. While TV Out is enabled, PanMAME stays in XFCE after minimized splash screen disappears. I am using composite and haven`t had success with it under Beta 3 HF7 anywhere right now. But wanted to try PanMAME primarily with TV out. This is on a ReBirth Edition Pandora.

You have to change the overlay in the TV settings menu.

:/

I played it with the B2 flawlessly.

I'll check that right now.

Ah maybe Panmame doesn't like the 3.2.X kernel, which is the default now.

--EDIT:

Yup, same buggy behaviour here with a 256M.

No clue what that could be. Maybe add it to the bugtracker for 3.2.

Edit: added to beta3 testing thread.

Maybe we use a bad romset, like ie. 0.106 ?

hihihi ^^

I only had PanMAME working on 2.6 kernel on a UK Pandora with TV Out. Couldn't get it to work under either kernel on the German Pandora with TV Out with Beta 2 HF7.

Thanks mcobit, this is the first new program I've installed in ages (I don't get to keep up with what's new) and it's excellent!

Back