PanMAME Betatesting

Has anyone managed to get any of (non Neo Geo) the 1 on 1 fighters working.. the Marvel vs Capcom series, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and up & all the other random ones.. none of them work for me, either hanging indefinitely which results in me having to hard reset the Pandora or just quitting back to the launcher.

All are green in RomCenter with the 106 dat, anyone got any ideas..? & are CPS3 games supposed to work..?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the speed issues I have had with Chase HQ are related to scaling.

I just tried the latest version with all settings reset and it runs fine again.

I usually have everything scaled to fit the screen but maintain aspect ratio. I´d rather see crisp edges than have a soft focus image. Should I not be picking integer for scaling?

One thing I have seen is in games that shouldn't fill the screen when doubled e.g. 224 lines they fill the screen whereas on mame4all there is a small border.

Might be, that you have choosen a higher mode by accident.

All games are scaled to fill the screen, as mame4all has no hwscaling, it can just scales by 2 for performance, leaving black bars.

If you don't want scaling at all, you can set that to no, but the picture will be very small.

Has anyone managed to get any of (non Neo Geo) the 1 on 1 fighters working.. the Marvel vs Capcom series, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and up & all the other random ones.. none of them work for me, either hanging indefinitely which results in me having to hard reset the Pandora or just quitting back to the launcher.
All are green in RomCenter with the 106 dat, anyone got any ideas..? & are CPS3 games supposed to work..?

I can play Marvel vs. Capcom without problems. Also SF Alpha 1 works great, too.

Maybe this is a problem with the roms you are using. Don't trust romcenter all time ;)

Edit: CPS 3 won't work afaik, but try it if you like. As they were just integrated in newer fba builds, I don't think they are in mame 0.106 and if they were, they wouldn't be p,ayable I think.

Edit2: SF Alpha 3 works for me, too.

Hi,

What Hotfix are you running? I was on HF6 and even though this emulator worked I found a lot of roms that Romcenter said where green just didn't work.

I upgraded to Super Xannon 7.1 (the newest) and I have found that everything that says it should work, now works.

I previously couldn't get Chase HQ to run at all (just black screen). Now I am on the new version of the firmware all works fine.

I am on HF7, too. Will try on hf6...

Edit: Nope, on hf6 SFAlpha3 and Chasehq work for me.

It does now, as I included the sdllib. Please read the releaseposts ;)

I would write mor info and a detailed changelog into the infofield on repo, but there is no space left :(

Strange, I have been runing HF6 and found a lot of roms just blackscreened when i selected them. ChaseHQ, Operation Wolf, Continential Circus, etc.

I kept checking them on Romcenter using a 0.106 dat file and all was fine, but they still didn't work.

As a last resort I thought I would upgrade to HF7 and everything worked straight away, it is weird you are not getting the same results.

Strange, I have been runing HF6 and found a lot of roms just blackscreened when i selected them. ChaseHQ, Operation Wolf, Continential Circus, etc.

I kept checking them on Romcenter using a 0.106 dat file and all was fine, but they still didn't work.

As a last resort I thought I would upgrade to HF7 and everything worked straight away, it is weird you are not getting the same results.

Use clrmamepro it is much better IMHO than Romcenter.

It can be a step learning curve but there is a guide somewhere on the forum on how to use it.

It can be a step learning curve but there is a guide somewhere on the forum on how to use it.

AGREED :)

Hi,

What Hotfix are you running? I was on HF6 and even though this emulator worked I found a lot of roms that Romcenter said where green just didn't work.

I upgraded to Super Xannon 7.1 (the newest) and I have found that everything that says it should work, now works.

I previously couldn't get Chase HQ to run at all (just black screen). Now I am on the new version of the firmware all works fine.

I'm on the latest 7.1 & prior to that about 50% of the games black screened, after updating a lot were fixed apart from the ones i mentioned previously & some random others.. can't really make sense of it, seems to be uniformly 1 on 1 fighting games that aren't working, the roms are from exactly the same set as all the ones that are working.. if anyone has any ideas I'm Prince Charles (all ears)

Yeah I know & have tried (following guide) but it's as clear as mud to me, and isn't really explained what options to use & what not to.. split, merge, delete etc etc, I'd rather not run the risk of rendering my romset useless when I'm fumbling around & besides RomCenter = right click on rom path to fix game

I am on HF6. the emulator starts up, shows the loading screen and then kicks me back to the desktop..

I am on HF6. the emulator starts up, shows the loading screen and then kicks me back to the desktop..

Can you post the contents of the /tmp/panmamesomething.out file please?

Do you have at least 20mb free on your sd?

Can you post the contents of the /tmp/panmamesomething.out file please?

Do you have at least 20mb free on your sd?

I've way more than 20mb free.

here u go :

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/PANDORA/pandora/menu/panmame.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/panmame

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/advmenu.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/panmame"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/panmame=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/panmame=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/panmame"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/advmenu.sh ) ----------

mkdir: cannot create directory `/mnt/utmp/panmame/.advance': File exists

AdvanceMENU - Copyright © 1999-2008 by Andrea Mazzoleni

Error reading at line 257698 for element/attribute `' for not well-formed (invalid token).

Error reading the 'AdvanceMAME' information from file '/mnt/utmp/panmame/.advance/AdvanceMAME.xml'.

Emulator '/mnt/utmp/panmame/bin/advmame' without game information, ignoring it.

No working emulator found. Adjust the `emulator' options in your configuration file. These options are documented in the `advmenu.txt' file.

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/advmenu.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/panmame': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

That looks like the xml file didn't get copied over properly at first start or got corrupted in the process.

Cloud you try to delete the panmame folder in appdata and relaunch the pnd please?

Maybe your downloaded pnd is corrupt, too.

Btw, first startup will take longer, as it needs to copy the xml to appdata.

Thats why I asked about the free space.

This is fantastic, many thanks for all the work going into it, it's shaping up to be the best thing yet on the Pandora for me. :)

One question is on the cheat file, anyone got it running?

This is fantastic, many thanks for all the work going into it, it's shaping up to be the best thing yet on the Pandora for me. :)

One question is on the cheat file, anyone got it running?

Thanks, posts llike this really hold up the motivation.

Unfortunately I don't know about the cheatfile. I don't cheat ;) but maybe someone else has an idea.

I redownloaded the app and deleted the appdata folder but still doesn't work

That is really strange, as it works for me and others. Could you test on another card?

Maybe the filesystem is corrupted...

Otherwise, anybody else had problems?

That is really strange, as it works for me and others. Could you test on another card?

Maybe the filesystem is corrupted...

Otherwise, had anybody else problems?

tried another card, still doesn't work ;(

edit.: should I try HF7 ?

Back