Creme Filling?

Shock-Socks

Still Fresh
So now that the pandora is on it's way (congrats to the OP team by the way ;) ) i would assume that setting up the app-store (i prefer the name "The Box") and making sure that it's well populated with different programs would be the next big step before the release. that being said, i haven't seen much in the way of updates of existing projects or emulators for the pandora. so we've pretty much got the pandora, but does anyone have any news or updates on the app-store and the things that are going to be on it?

again, congratulations to the OP Team *insert round of applause here*

[This is speculation, not news]

Based on "working build" status on the wiki, various reports over the last year, and my spidey senses, these are some titles that should be ready to go:

GAMES:
Gianas Return
Abuse
Battle for Wesnoth
BlobWars
Descent 1
Descent 2
Doom
FHeroes Port (Heroes Of Might And Magic 2)
FreeCiv 2.1.9
Hexen II
OpenLiero
OpenTyrian
Pandora Panic!
Powermanga
Quake 1
Quake 2
Quake 3
Reminiscence (flashback)
SuperTux 1
SuperTux 2
Tecnoballz
The Mana World
Ur-Quan Masters
Wolf4SDL

(With the exception of PandoraPanic, everything in that list has been ported by Pickle & Cpasjuste. What an effort - and it's not the whole list.)

EMULATORS:
DosBox
Mupen64plus (big maybe)
PAtari
PicoDrive
PSMS
PSnes
PSX4all (medium sized maybe)
ScummVM
UAE4all
VICE

wow, thatks Gruso for the amazing reply. i was half expecting to get slammed for being "impatient" or something, so thanks allot :)

and WOW all of those were ported by Pickle & Cpasjuste. i guess i didn't realize how much work those two had done. there's allot more behind those names than i originally thought :p

Hey gruso, do you know if any of the emulators have a rewind feature in it? as do some NES and SNES emus like NesDS and SnemulDS?

ThaDSman said:
Hey gruso, do you know if any of the emulators have a rewind feature in it? as do some NES and SNES emus like NesDS and SnemulDS?
It seems to me that any emulator that supports save states could be modified to do this. Whether or not it's practical, or would cause hiccups in gameplay may be a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunatic said:
ThaDSman said:
It seems to me that any emulator that supports save states could be modified to do this. Whether or not it's practical, or would cause hiccups in gameplay may be a different story.
Its very fun though, to see Mario jump in a whole and fly right back out.

Add Oricutron (used to be "Oriculator") to the Emulators list .. ;) I know its not a huge addition to the list, but it was an easy port .. plus I really can't wait until I can carry an Atmos around in my pocket! :)

Also, EDSAC/BCPL, for shits and giggles.

r00tw00t said:
Won't be any problem filling up my 16GBx2 sdcards. I'm sure

Hopefully should haver Lemmings SDL 100% by the time the Pandy is in our hands as well. Mmm, 2 player networked Lemmings - is it just me who gets excited about that?

No, I'm excited about most games. I know how it will end. I play one game for 2-3 minutes then change to another

In reality there are already 1000's of games wee can play with just the emulators ;) but yes, when will the app store launch? I haven't even heard anything about it..
Can someone post info.

Gruso said:
--SNIP--

EMULATORS:
DosBox
Mupen64plus (big maybe)
PAtari
PicoDrive
PSMS
PSnes
PSX4all (medium sized maybe)
ScummVM
UAE4all
VICE

I'm hoping for a nice FUSE port (spectrum emulator). I made several attempts to port it onto my Zaurus 860 under PDAXrom but never could quite get that sucker to work properly. My Z is currently a secondary display on my desk, as the Pandora is going to fill the portable gap its left. Can't wait!

Just want to say thanks for all the hard word from the devs on all sides of the soft/firm/hard-ware, and the community.

Back